what did you do to your micra today ?

did this earlier, weld it up after a cup of coffee :D

311220111466.jpg

311220111469.jpg

311220111471.jpg

here,s an old dyno graph of mine that shows the 2 runs in closed loop (above the arrow, where the ecu is using the lambda signals to adjust the mixture to near 14.7:1), and 1 run in coldstart mode/open loop (arrowed, where the ecu is running from a stored map of around 13:1 a/f/r,s)
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3k35&s=5
there is,nt much difference in power output, but you definately dont want to run lean under boost :eek:
the downside is that you end up running acceleration enrichment all the way up a long hill in 4th or 5th gear :eek: (your cat wont thank you for that fwn)

Srill confused, so closed loop is where it makes 14.7:1 for most of the time, then at a certain speed (what is the speed?) it changes to open loop with a richer 13:1 map taking no notice of the lambda readings? so when you disconnect the speed wire it always tries to run at 14.7:1, that has to be preferable for standard does it not?

Of course I could still be completely wrong :doh:

I drove to Hastings today to take some parts off of an AJ4 Super-S. I got the best bits. :grinning:

Nice job Hoopdub. What did you source the turnbuckle from?

Started considering some tweaks to the engine, members posts on here are responsible for that haha. Btw does anyone know the diam of the micra crank pulley?...can't get access to measure the one on the car at the mo.

Started considering some tweaks to the engine, members posts on here are responsible for that haha. Btw does anyone know the diam of the micra crank pulley?...can't get access to measure the one on the car at the mo.

which dia kris ?
and lookin good hoopdub (Y) vauxhall cav/astra trackrod ?

which dia kris ?

Looking for the overall diam of the alternator belt section on the pulley (larger of the two belt sections)...currrently got about 8 psi on the stock size, just curious how much bigger it would need to be to add a couple of psi :D

Seeing as i should upgrade the maf, its got me thinking haha.

Looking for the overall diam of the alternator belt section on the pulley (larger of the two belt sections)...currrently got about 8 psi on the stock size, just curious how much bigger it would need to be to add a couple of psi :D

Seeing as i should upgrade the maf, its got me thinking haha.

the outer rim is 118, and the pulleys are 110 and 88 mate :)

cheers guys, yep old astra track rod :D did have some off an MR2 but these fit inside the original rod better :D just finished up welding it, clean the snobs up and paint it tomorow

311220111472.jpg

unfortunately I've killed my back carrying it from the car :down:

you wouldnt catch worlds stong men carrying that on they own, your mad for doing that
i tried mine with all attach'd , dooable if someones very tone'd/brick'd up :grinning:

what about a blower from a golf or audi? or even a renault or pug diesel? ive got a kkk ko3 that im going to be using eventually there quite popular.

what about a blower from a golf or audi? or even a renault or pug diesel? ive got a kkk ko3 that im going to be using eventually there quite popular.

People normally replace them for t28 iirc from the s14 that's why prices are high as the s13 boys want them as well! I was looking at a turbo from a diesel but I wasn't sure on the waste gate as they operate differently to a petrol dont they?

found this on a tdi forum

Very nice, EXCEPT almost no TDI models have a wastegate.

Our cars use vacuum actuated variable vanes. Different tech to accomplish the same thing.

Advantage of variable vanes is that boost can start at lower RPM and stay more or less constant for flatter, wider torque curve.

yeah as frank found out recently :p

lol :grinning: now rectified with my new GT15 (Y) (from a honda diesel)
plenty big enough for a 1275cc petrol, members tend to fit a big T25/28 designed for a 2.0 petrol engine, and then wonder why its laggy :p

People normally replace them for t28 iirc from the s14 that's why prices are high as the s13 boys want them as well! I was looking at a turbo from a diesel but I wasn't sure on the waste gate as they operate differently to a petrol dont they?

eye they can be welded up tho and use an external one or just mod a petrol one to fit. was just thinking if karl is wanting low boost then a kkk ko3 would be perfect but like you say also faffing around with waste gates can be a pain.

eye they can be welded up tho and use an external one or just mod a petrol one to fit. was just thinking if karl is wanting low boost then a kkk ko3 would be perfect but like you say also faffing around with waste gates can be a pain.

I only want low boost so I don't blow up the carbs :grinning:

Back