what did you do to your micra today ?

Got my new tein springs on yesterday and even had time to give it a wash :laugh:

Attachments

• miicra tein 005.JPG
    miicra tein 005.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 604
it's possible..I removed a heatshield, just to clean them and seen a crack in manifold so I removed it in two pieces, was really suprised, it didn't make some strange noises, etc.. just a small whistle in high RPM but it sound normal..

K11 stock manifolds commonly crack there......I've had 2 go on me in the same place over the years, never the whole way through though :eek:

took delivery of this brand new replacement exhaust for the shed just got to fit it asap.
exhaust.jpg

the little pipe out the end of the backbox fell off the old one :eek:
the droning noise was giving me a headache :(
£24 delivered ebay :grinning:

photo.php
well as can see fitted some fogs in the grill :) just got to mesh and level them out properly then il like them more, me and dexcter went over everything to find out the noise but it's came down to the wishbone as everything else is fine, can pry the wishbone plates to seperate so fingers crossed that's my Problem, ordered new wishbone and fuel filter as my mpg is shocking!!!

yeah the mazda needs some engine work doing so being the sucker that I am I said she could use the micra cause I've got the yaris I can use

Had a bit of a play with the exhaust today, was gonna fit a straight through back box to see the effect, but it wouldnt fit as the back box and pipe over the axle are one piece on micra and the spare my mate had wasnt... SO thought for fun to open the pipe just before the centre section silencer/cat bit and play with it there... Aaaand all the bolts are so rusty and grubby theyre seized and it just pulls the pipe to one side trying to undo them... Well then.. no noisy backbox fun for me then..

Refitted his Honda 500 with another straight thru instead and deafened the neighbours with that :laugh:

exhaust.jpg

got this replacement exhaust fitted on the shed with my own hands (always the cheapest method lol)
after a bit of head scratching about how the old one comes off its one long piece :blush:

its so quiet now i thought it had stalled when i pulled up :grinning:

finally got it a we wash an wax . waiting on some new pressies for it! :)
not the best pic quality :S

Attachments

• IMG-20120116-00478.jpg
    IMG-20120116-00478.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG-20120116-00480.jpg
    IMG-20120116-00480.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG-20120116-00481.jpg
    IMG-20120116-00481.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 291
Went to school, came back, thought wish the radio worked, wish the bearing wasnt noisey & for god sake boot stop friggin unlocking!! Yet i refuse to pay £40 for radio code & £80 for boot lock. yes im a cheapo, ill bodge it lol

Im guessing you can adjust the signal that your ecu sees from the maf (possibly at different air flow rates?) rather than just adding on 10% over the whole range like those resistor types do..

Yes, ''''IMO'''' you will need a wideband to set it up properly. althought someone might have other ideas/ways of doing it without...

Did a test fit of my new spoiler.. Now i need to paint it ether satin or gloss black,cant decide on which one yet!!

Attachments

• spoiler 004.JPG
    spoiler 004.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 396
Fitted rear Corsa b shocks to the rear and chopped the springs. Also had 2x 175/60/R13 tyres fitted to the rear.

micra.jpg

wehey could you post a pic of your micra from the rear i.e. showing the stance of it with those tyres? Just wondered how wide they look as i used to have 175/60 on me old sr alloys and forgot how they looked. :blush:

wehey could you post a pic of your micra from the rear i.e. showing the stance of it with those tyres? Just wondered how wide they look as i used to have 175/60 on me old sr alloys and forgot how they looked. :blush:

Ere you go :)

photo-10.jpg

Yeah and the pic doesn't really do them justice. They look really good and bulgy in the flesh. Just got wear the fronts out now so I can justify buying some more

Yeah and the pic doesn't really do them justice. They look really good and bulgy in the flesh. Just got wear the fronts out now so I can justify buying some more

All you need is some exciting take offs from traffic lights for that! Burn the rubber off haha :D

I can tell you though, if you had wider wheels a set of 185/55 would look ace :) i have them on mine with 14" rims

I think I got the micra bug all over again.
Got this bad it for her
7d9e949d.jpg

Do I need wide band to set this up properly?

It would help to have a wideband fitted, but so long as you're only adding fuel tweaking blind shouldn't cause to many hassles. Its easy enough to set the swtich back to zero at any point.

As you probably know the ecu will fight you at certain points anyway, so you ideally need to tweak that issue while you're at it. :) (franks method probably being the easiest).

It would help to have a wideband fitted, but so long as you're only adding fuel tweaking blind shouldn't cause to many hassles. Its easy enough to set the swtich back to zero at any point.

As you probably know the ecu will fight you at certain points anyway, so you ideally need to tweak that issue while you're at it. :) (franks method probably being the easiest).
Is that the speed sensor issue you are referring to solaris?

Is that the speed sensor issue you are referring to solaris?

No i was referring to the lambda signal with the ecu learning and making adjustments (bypassed with the cold start trick iirc)...but the speed sensor may need doing aswell (as this affects the 4th/5th gear lean out). :)

Double check against franks findings though as hes tweaked so many things, i can't keep up. haha.

Double check against franks findings though as hes tweaked so many things, i can't keep up. haha.

nor me kris :grinning:
and i get by with my narrowband sensor, but you need to adjust the fuel pressure up and down to quantify the readings you get tho, because they,re very limited in scale eh.
they seem to last longer than wideband sensors tho fwn

No i was referring to the lambda signal with the ecu learning and making adjustments (bypassed with the cold start trick iirc)...but the speed sensor may need doing aswell (as this affects the 4th/5th gear lean out). :)

whats is the cold start trick? seem like im going to do something i got no clue about :(

whats is the cold start trick? seem like im going to do something i got no clue about :(

when i disconnected the coolant sensor on the 3rd run on the dyno a while back george (arrowed)
instead of trying to closed loop, and veering towards a very lean 17:1 a/f/r (the upper 2 runs) it locked into coldstart enrichment mode (about 13:1 a/f/r)
you just have to adjust your piggyback settings so that your mixture is optimised at the different rpms, and if a 30% increase is not enough you will need bigger injectors and reduce their flow where necesary :)

Back