what did you do to your micra today ?

WDID?

Drove the new Micra 85 km's (as always) in the sunrise. A cup of freshly brewed Winter Blend from http://www.unionroasted.com/ in the thermo cup. Car running sweet, all is good. :cool:

3b2c37f0817411e2bb4e22000aaa0771_7.jpg

Well I applied some gun gum (A little because I left the lid off and it dried out...:rolleyes:) to the manifold hole and it seems to have solved the problem for now.
No blows after a 40mile M4 journey at 50mph.

And still no blows after a little blast on the way home.
Why dont you sell your open mouth grill guide Scott?? LOL :p

Its cheaprr to insure that then my micra :S

Insurance is affected by the claims made on specific cars, Micra K11 insurance has risen as a direct consequence of all the cars written off or damaged, and I've seen quite a few of those on here over the years.

Today I modified one of my rear shocks on my K10 so my H&R lowering spring doesn't come out of its seat when the car is jacked up. Should be able to pass my MOT now.

Wdid ?

Drove it and...........BOOST!

It's ****ing quick!!

Only got short ring round industrial estate so only got first and second gear,
It was awesome, turbo sounded sweet, recirculating BOV (which just goes to atmosphere) sounds awesome.

........then it died, won't start, ran battery down and have to push it back to workshop :(

Gutted!

So now it's here

Had another rummage through the shed...and found the trim piece I was after....interior Rear "C" pillar trim... YAY! ^_^

(A note to K12 owners, this part is identical on 3 and 5 door models, along with the carpet, boot trim/hatch and "A" pillar trims among other parts
...the "B" pillar is obviously quite different :p)

I changed the Near Side one some time ago...just never got around to doing the other...

as she was an estate agents car the boot hatch trim cover and both rear pillar trims (the NS was worse) were covered in scratches, from "for sale/let/lease" signs, so I yoinked some from an '07 Spirita in a scrappy's yard a while back...along with an almost new parcel shelf :p

so ...I opened up the boot took off the parcel shelf...pushed the seats forward as far as they would go,
...bashed
...gently
...the trim, so it came away from the car and got my spanner around the bolt on the floor for the seat belt
....and failed to un-do it <_<

I'm sure I managed the other one on my own but I just couldn't seem to get the right angle on it to turn :rolleyes: ...will have to get dad to have a go...or use a different spanner...I'll have to find my magic one XD

...so I've given up for now...just bashed the scratched panel back into place...gently...and put my stuff away

...I did discover that my car is in dire need of a visit from the vacuum fairy :p
Checked my oil level...checked the tyre preasures...front NS was a bit low...Pumped up all the tyres for good measure LOL

Wdid ?

Drove it and...........BOOST!

It's ####ing quick!!

Only got short ring round industrial estate so only got first and second gear,
It was awesome, turbo sounded sweet, recirculating BOV (which just goes to atmosphere) sounds awesome.

........then it died, won't start, ran battery down and have to push it back to workshop :(

Gutted!

So now it's here

Video or it never happened

Discovered more strange sounds YAY!

Not only do I get a grinding noise at 1.5k and 2k-3k rpm, a knocking noise when turning right and banging from the rear over speed bumps, but I also have a weird wirr/grind noise happening when I take my foot off the accelerator. Oh, boy!

My MOT next month will certainly be interesting

Well karl youve certainly cracked that zero arch gap look! Is that on your 80mm springs? I need a new panhard for mine even as it is (not very low) i scuff arches with someone in the back!

Well karl youve certainly cracked that zero arch gap look! Is that on your 80mm springs? I need a new panhard for mine even as it is (not very low) i scuff arches with someone in the back!

I cracked that ages ago but people won't listen to me :)

Stock matiz fronts and 80mm/corsa rear, but the fronts will be getting replaced if my bad maths is right ill be dropping approx 85-90mm :D

I cracked that ages ago but people won't listen to me :)

Stock matiz fronts and 80mm/corsa rear, but the fronts will be getting replaced if my bad maths is right ill be dropping approx 85-90mm :D

Nicee, what you got for the fronts now then? i was considering (corsa) coilies but knowing how they get sort of bodged to fit and how i treat my car i get the feeling id kill them on a corner pretty soon and die.

De-bump stripped and de-stickered it, fitted k10 wheeltrims instead of halfords cheapos :D
Before:
IMAG0259_zpsec9ee462.jpg

After:
IMAG0274_zps575a1a3f.jpg

Removed nostrils for spraying black:
IMAG0275_zps70cdb21c.jpg

Just waiting for them to dry before refitting now :)

Have you still got the side strips matey?

Back