turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wrre to use a 12v filament bulb ( one that looks like house or lamp bulbs with a little coil of wire inside the glass) then that bulb would work both ways ;)

If you wrre to use a 12v filament bulb ( one that looks like house or lamp bulbs with a little coil of wire inside the glass) then that bulb would work both ways ;)
Response times of filament bulbs are very slow, might not react fast enough.

Also, on dc systems it MIGHT matter which way the current is flowing as to wether the injector opens or not, as you will reverse the polarity of the coil if you flip the current direction. Depends if its pulling on a magnet or on an iron core (less likely, as over time they would magnetise and the injectors would feed less and less fuel I'm guessing)

I get what you mean Enuo didnt think aboit the speed of it tbh more just trying to say that type of bulb would work both ways where as led wouldnt,
And I magnet the current would have to provide the opposite pole to the magnet to push or pull so the polarity will affect wether it work whearas iron core would be attracted regardless of polarity?

I get what you mean Enuo didnt think aboit the speed of it tbh more just trying to say that type of bulb would work both ways where as led wouldnt,
And I magnet the current would have to provide the opposite pole to the magnet to push or pull so the polarity will affect wether it work whearas iron core would be attracted regardless of polarity?
Bang on :)

Am sure it don't @frank

Sent from my iPhone using T
they still work backwards eh azzy, i had to turn my connectors upside-down on the topfeeds :)

P3070655.JPG

Also, on dc systems it MIGHT matter which way the current is flowing as to wether the injector opens or not, as you will reverse the polarity of the coil if you flip the current direction. Depends if its pulling on a magnet or on an iron core (less likely, as over time they would magnetise and the injectors would feed less and less fuel I'm guessing)
Talk more science to me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

they still work backwards eh azzy, i had to turn my connectors upside-down on the topfeeds :)

View attachment 31790
frank u know the wiring on the injectors does it matter how I wire it up ? as I chopped my looms when I did fit the Saab ones in and then went to k11 injectors connectors but didn't wire it in how it is just any ? Does that matter ?

Am using k11 injectors and was chopped b4 I had my Saab injectors in and both had same Issue with car don't no if that's something worth checkin

Solonoid just needs volt in the coil to induce a current to activate an led will work one way and not the other even I you try it directly to the battery, thays nothing to do with the injector loom just how diodes work lol worst case is if there wrong way rou d the bulb might die.
I understand the led needs 12v but both wires on 1 injector connector is same voltage as it don't matter on how it's wired in ?

I understand the led needs 12v but both wires on 1 injector connector is same voltage as it don't matter on how it's wired in ?

The led you use need to be rated for 12v or you can use a resitor to adjust if its rared 3v or something, but if you put pos to neg and neg to pos it wont light up even if there is 12v there.
Hope that helps.

[q uote="hilton484, post: 685607, member: 19950"]The led you use need to be rated for 12v or you can use a resitor to adjust if its rared 3v or something, but if you put pos to neg and neg to pos it wont light up even if there is 12v there.
Hope that helps.[/quote] right now am with u I understand the point now, so yeh Tommow I'll try on @Enuo just said thanks

ok done few checks today
e7e3ynep.jpg
eva3a8y2.jpg
I got volt meter and checked all the injectors with battery on, showing ohms at 12 each one, but the 4th injector wire testing didn't show nothing ? When I took fuel fuse out near battery case it shows 12 ohm not sure ?

Where'd you pit the probes for that reading mate? To pos and neg of the plug on the wire? If so I would say a continuity issue wire that wire ( the one not reading)

I would next put the meter into either neg or pos of the plug then trace the wire back along the loom and put the other end of the meter to any connections along the route to the batt or ground. Then repeat for the other wire on the plug.

That should give you a low ohm reading and if it is very high ohms or O/L or just no reaction then it will be a break in the wire somewhere between the plug and where you test to :)

As you move along you can prove different areas of the wire and you will hopefully pinpoint the break and cut it out and re-attach :)

the 4 injector plugs should each have 1 constant 12v live from the fuse (ign on) and 1 earth/signal wire to the ecu azzy :)

Where'd you pit the probes for that reading mate? To pos and neg of the plug on the wire? If so I would say a continuity issue wire that wire ( the one not reading)

I would next put the meter into either neg or pos of the plug then trace the wire back along the loom and put the other end of the meter to any connections along the route to the batt or ground. Then repeat for the other wire on the plug.

That should give you a low ohm reading and if it is very high ohms or O/L or just no reaction then it will be a break in the wire somewhere between the plug and where you test to :)

As you move along you can prove different areas of the wire and you will hopefully pinpoint the break and cut it out and re-attach :)
One thing I don't get is when I unplug the fuel fuse out the volt meter reads on the 4th injector and that's for all 4 of them, when I put the fuse back in the 4th injector don't read ? So a bad wire won't mean nothing if it works on the fuse pull out ?

One thing I don't get is when I unplug the fuel fuse out the volt meter reads on the 4th injector and that's for all 4 of them, when I put the fuse back in the 4th injector don't read ? So a bad wire won't mean nothing if it works on the fuse pull out ?

the probe I put in the inejctors which shows 12 ohm and on the wire of the injectors where it's cut on the photo I done same with probe didn't show nothing till I took fuel fuse out ? So don't get it

is the meter set to 0 to 20v, and the red lead plugged into V, and the black lead plugged into common azzy ?

is the meter set to 0 to 20v, and the red lead plugged into V, and the black lead plugged into common azzy ?
Frank it's set on 200ohms on meter ? but for readings it's works for all my 4 injectors just the 4th one with fuse in don't show ?

Frank it's set on 200ohms on meter ? but for readings it's works for all my 4 injectors just the 4th one with fuse in don't show ?

you,ve had this problem with different sets of injectors tho mate, so you,re best to leave the injector ohms and test the wiring first, you need to check that the 4 connectors all have a live 12v feed :)

you,ve had this problem with different sets of injectors tho mate, so you,re best to leave the injector ohms and test the wiring first, you need to check that the 4 connectors all have a live 12v feed :)
Right now I got u I'll put on 12v and check if all 4 has a live now

a9u9yvu9.jpg
pebara3e.jpg
frank I done what u said one on battery and one on injector wire I found live feed checked this for all 4 and shows live which is ok but soon as i turn start engine up and take the 4th injector out it don't do any rpm Changes which other 3 injectors do ? I have check for both fuel fuses, also put meter in injector wires on which I soildered and shows no readings on ohm, but by taking fuse out it shows ? @frank @Enuo I need help

Just reading it frank so do I take my dizzy off with wiring still in place and turn it by hand to listen to each injectors ?

The 2 wiring connectors onthe dizzy
Yeh I got it now frank I'll try this Tommow
just to comfirm is wipers relay the same as injector ones? Coz when my wipers didn't stop going off last year I swapped it with a relay and it stoped ? same one and now the wipers doing same so thinking I might have got the injectors ones in and they gone bad ?

I thought the relay might be interment going on and off, but I'll try your way frank

On and off perfectly in time with one injector? Not impossible, but if it IS the relay, I'm buying a lottery ticket.

On and off perfectly in time with one injector? Not impossible, but if it IS the relay, I'm buying a lottery ticket.
am not sure if it's the relay i will try that Tommow and also check by dizzy if I can hear the injectors click each one, and get the final out Tommow if it's a good day

I guarantee it's not the relay.
It'll be a break in the wire somewhere.
but u know the wire seem fine I check for live wire and it shows up for all 4 ? When I check probe on the wire acoss the injector it don't show any readings but for other 3 they do ? When I unplug the fuel fuse the 4th one reads as normal ? I don't get it

@Enuo the funny one is I moved the injector wires from 4th to 3th injector and then 3th unplugged was doing anything in rpm and 4th injector ok ? So that leaves me with 4 good working ones but wire can't burn with good live showing ?

@frank @Enuo I done test with dizzy out like frank said and can hear 4 injectors clicking but then I changed the injectors connectors over from 4th to 2nd one and when I put battery lead on it sparked and poped the fuse on fuel near battery ? And the wires was not touchin at all ? And kept poping all time ? That's really daft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back