• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Stani's 1.0l 5 Door!!

yeah bought new reg plates for it also dont know if anyone noticed the rear march lights. realised i havent mentioned that yet lol

yeah bought new reg plates for it also dont know if anyone noticed the rear march lights. realised i havent mentioned that yet lol
cheers for the springs buddy ill be fitting them when i get home canny wait the car looks mint and i noticed ur lights :p

no probz mullet! i found a spare hour after work so got these fitted:

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

nissan pulsar drilled and grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads and nissan pulsar calipers

stani- have to had to strengthen the rear coilover mounts to take the coilovers?

if possible id like to do away with the spring all together and do what you have done?

please reply im eagerly awaiting the response! :p:p

stani- have to had to strengthen the rear coilover mounts to take the coilovers?

if possible id like to do away with the spring all together and do what you have done?

please reply im eagerly awaiting the response! :p:p

nope theres no need to strengthen the mounts, why did you think that? also your thinking of not even having a spring? cheers

handling is very good when youve got it setup right, i still need to mess about with mines for going round bends. ride comfort depends on wether you put them on soft or hard. either way its still pretty good. adjusting them is very easy to start with but once the get on the road for months you'll need a good wire brush but im guessing this is the same with any coilovers. cheers

what i mean is id like a rear coilover setup on the rear,not the spring and shock, this way i would have to worry about the spring falling out etc on full rear droop

any chance on a measurement of the old spax ones length please bud?

i read some where you need to strengthen the mounts as the car wasnt designed to have its weight on there, but i guess spax(who know a hell of a lot more than me!) have decided its fine im good to go

just need some from a polo or golf or something similar in hieght!cheers(Y)(Y)

handling is very good when youve got it setup right, i still need to mess about with mines for going round bends. ride comfort depends on wether you put them on soft or hard. either way its still pretty good. adjusting them is very easy to start with but once the get on the road for months you'll need a good wire brush but im guessing this is the same with any coilovers. cheers

Ok, thanks mate, i think i will order a set from Matt.

yesterday i fitted a new front wheel bearing. supposedly a press is needed but for your information its not. a press is needed if you aint got alot of time and i recommend you use one if you have access to one but i didnt so a hammer and a little bit of thinking soon got mines changed :)

plans for the car over the next couple weeks is to buy and mount a smaller intercooler. sort out the suspension to stop it rubbing the front inner arch. prep the turbo engine for fitment. and hopefully keep it a sleeper

cheers for the comments guys here a couple more of the car from last night with my old super-s grill on (which will be staying on) and another addition to the engine bay :D

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

cheers frank, i cant bloody wait to feel the boost again, and i can assure there will be plenty videos but not proper ones until it is mapped eh? :laugh:

the grill is the clincher
please EVERYONE put warnings on your cars if theyr too HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!I THINK I AM FAINTING

This is one sweet looking Micra, not sure about the kink in this pipe though, might affect the performance, lol.

IMG_0113.jpg

PJG- i have a brand new set of engine bay hoses anyway and that isnt a proper kink, ive folded it up to stop any coolant leaking out while it sits lol

Great stuff Stanni. Cant wait to see this all fitted! Especially liking the 998cc sticker on the back (Y)

had the car down the 1/4 mile today and im ashamed that i could only pull an 18.5 i think it was. best time was in the wet beleive it or not due to the r888's being too grippy in the dry for the 998cc engine, it just kept bogging down lol so i left very early and got some things done here are the pics

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

stripped the block down, and sprayed it, refitted with new hoses :D

How far are you going to go with this car with other things like interior? To my knowledge a Micras never been featured in fastcar or max power? Could be the first!

Interior is going to be standard and clean hopefully but with some hidden gauges ofcourse. And I'm sure dave bull and solarices cars were featured in magazines...

Thanks for the pics of the rear suspension setup Stani, only just realised you posted it. Think the Teins Ive bought are just front coilies and rear springs + dampners then unfortunately.

Any progress on the engine?

Car looks ace, seriously loving it. But what exhaust manifold is that? looks a bit tacky. wouldn't you gain much more power with some nice tublar? It looks like standard manifold with flange welded to it. Also could you tell me where did you get the oil feed from? Did you have to drill into the block? would it be possible to use that oil filter relocation as and oil feed?thanks

Car looks ace, seriously loving it. But what exhaust manifold is that? looks a bit tacky. wouldn't you gain much more power with some nice tublar? It looks like standard manifold with flange welded to it. Also could you tell me where did you get the oil feed from? Did you have to drill into the block? would it be possible to use that oil filter relocation as and oil feed?thanks

the oil feed can be taken from a small hole just above cylinder 1-2 which is plugged with a small alan-key grub screw as standard.

and well done stani, bet your really enjoying having boost again eh

I didn't mean that it's turbo'd guys, hence the small update haha! You really think I would fit it and show no pics? Engine etc WILL be fitted this time in 2 weeks and I cannot wait! Doing the intercooler now saves time on the day for any problems solving issues...

Mckenzie- that manifold is the worst part of my whole turbo kit but I can't get anyone to replicate it with a better flow. I'm probably losing a bit of power through that too. As for the oil feed it's from eBay japan. And what noddie said about the oil feed. The return is fitted to the sump as one of my pictures show

Cheers

I know HKS did nice manifold, but probably still restrictive as hell. Nice hand made is the way to ultimate power me thinks :D Jim-GR has beautiful one. Thanks for the info about the oil feed I did have a clue there is like a pre-drilled hole in the block. Looking forward to seeing your car boosted, again.(Y)

BIG UPDATE!!

well last night i had the engine bay emptied within 2 hours and the whole front end off and called it a night. then today me and mikey made a start at 9.15 by getting the exhaust system off, then changed the gear linkages, the centre member and engine mounts. then we cleaned the engine bay, remove things that werent needed, added things that were. got the engine ready, bolted it up with gearbox, looms, liquids, new cv joints, new pulsar discs etc. fired it up around 3.30, hesitated at the first 2 turns then fired into life and runs sweet, sat and watched it till it heated up and its great. tomorrow we will be completing it i think with small things like boost gauge, turbo timer, putting the front end and bonnet back on.

p.s. aslong as it runs and drives sweet i will be booking it in for the standalone to be fitted within the next 2 weeks so completion within a month woo!!

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a467/stani1029/?action=view&current=IMG_0464.mp4

Back