• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Stani's 1.0l 5 Door!!

Stani1029

Club Member
swapped the almera gti yesterday for this, with the aim to get my other project finished. will get some pics up laters! (Y)

its a 1996 :) and here it is....

2973667202a12475506887o.jpg

2973667202a12475506911o.jpg

2973667202a12475506933o.jpg

spending saturday working on it. fitting a new clutch gearbox, front pads and discs, hopefully a lightened flywheel and a full service, ive got other stuff in my head but until there done there will be no pictures :)

i think youve lost the plot . lol. - 1 litre and + 2 doors.???, haa, ko im sure youll make get a 15 down crail soon. lol. so chris got the gti then. is this gunna be the "wagon" for the trip to glasgow?

ive never had a plot greig! haha. the plans for the engine at this moment in time is nothing whatsoever! the car just has to run smooth and save me loadsa dough :D however i have a few plans for the outside look not that i dont like the way it looks now! cant wait

yesterday was a busy day. got the new clutch fitted and replacement gearbox done, front discs and pads, both belts, air/fuel/oil filter, spark plugs/dizzy cap/rotor arm, oil/gear oil/coolant. cars now running great and im away to fit the super-s kit and get a cut and buff. pics will be up tonight :)

haha not yet anyway, this is the family car for the moment :) very slow but it'll do for the wee man. got some more to do over the next few weeks so will update as i go

fitted my 20mm wheel spacers and extended studs now. also the dark black flyeyes kit, will get pictures up tomorrow night. also got my 4.7kg flywheel back from when i build an n/a engine ;) with thanks to chris (redrocket)

ok massive change of plans, heres the list of parts that are to be fitted.....

fully adjustable spax coilovers, front strut brace, whiteline lower front strut brace, new wishbones, whiteline front and rear 22mm anti roll bars, whiteline adjustable rear drop links, whiteline on car adjustable panhard rod, rear strut brace, turbo micra old wheels, pulsar front brake setup and my 1.3 turbo engine, ive also just bought the full set of silicone engine bay hoses. let the new project begin!!!

it should yeah, all the suspension bits will be done on saturday then im not fussed with the turbo engine. just concentrating on getting rid of the grey micra sadly :( this way i dont have to think of how to get my car to where its being mapped as i can drive it there. i also dont need to worry about getting someone to trailor it or hiring vans and so on. i can see how my car will be in a couple months in my own head and its just what i want, and im keeping it a sleeper!

ok massive change of plans, heres the list of parts that are to be fitted.....

fully adjustable spax coilovers, front strut brace, whiteline lower front strut brace, new wishbones, whiteline front and rear 22mm anti roll bars, whiteline adjustable rear drop links, whiteline on car adjustable panhard rod, rear strut brace, turbo micra old wheels, pulsar front brake setup and my 1.3 turbo engine, ive also just bought the full set of silicone engine bay hoses. let the new project begin!!!

ha ha that is in compleatly the other direction

theres 50mm springs on it atm but coilovers went on today. yet to get pictures of it will do it tomorrow. heres a few pics the now...

parts to be fitted (front coilovers and front upper strut were already fitted)
2973667202a12653211277o.jpg

coilovers when i first got them
2973667202a12653211406o.jpg

wishbones, front anti roll bar and lower front strut fitted
2973667202a12653211316o.jpg

rear anti roll bar, on car adjustable panhard rod fitted
2973667202a12653211362o.jpg

2973667202a12653211375o.jpg

adjustable drop links fitted
2973667202a12653211351o.jpg

muchos respect to you stan the man for doing this, damn id love to be left alone to fit all the bits!!

sleeper ftw, especially a 5 door, i love the idea behind it all, shame to see the grey beast go but you do what you have to do sometimes

rather than kill it, can you put the 1.0cc out the 5 door back in the 3 door grey one, someone whos just passed there test would love that as insurance etc is cheaper, yet they have the looks

just a thought and ways to make more money,........

sooo you can buy a bigger turbo right :p:laugh::laugh:

muchos respect to you stan the man for doing this, damn id love to be left alone to fit all the bits!!

sleeper ftw, especially a 5 door, i love the idea behind it all, shame to see the grey beast go but you do what you have to do sometimes

rather than kill it, can you put the 1.0cc out the 5 door back in the 3 door grey one, someone whos just passed there test would love that as insurance etc is cheaper, yet they have the looks

just a thought and ways to make more money,........

sooo you can buy a bigger turbo right :p:laugh::laugh:

Cheers mate! I have thought about doing that but it's slot of work doing both 1.0-1.3 gearbox swaps. The only way I would do it is to keep the 1.0 box on the 1.3 turbo but I don't really fancy that lol so the plan is to strip the ex-turbo, sell what I can and scrap a really good condition shell :(

nope, bought from matt humphris. im guessing he has thought of the on car adjustable one and now produces them. and from the edge of my arch to the tyre thats nearest the ground its exactly the same arch gaps so i couldnt recommend it anymore. something i wasnt able to achieve with the off car adjustable whiteline one. cant wait for turbo time haha!!!!

nah there not your old wheers steve, they come with my old super-s.

small update- after all i done at the weekend i decided to go over everything to make sure everything was tight etc and found this!

2973667202a12659665599o.jpg

2973667202a12659665619o.jpg

2973667202a12659665636o.jpg

pretty gutted like as they sat for the last 7 months. should have a new rear set of coilovers by friday.

total spent in the last 7 days £982 :glare:

Mate my front left hks spring is exactly the same so im having to get matiz rear springs for mine.... really gutted :( have you got a link for the extended studs and spacers as im fitting arches to my beast. Keep up the work buddy

Craig

Surely you could have just bought a new pair of springs from rally design or some such?

yeah maybe but then the shocks were leaking too. matt humphris offered me to send them in and he will send them off to spax to have them looked over as hes not had any problems like this even on his rally cars but me being me just bought replacements. so if anyone is interested in rear coilovers spares/repaird let me know

Wow thats something else eh!

Would it be possible to see a picture of how your rear coilovers are fitted Stanni? Im loving the new plans!

They are fitted the exact same way as the standard rear shocks but the spring is built onto it. I'll take pics once I've fitted my new ones cheers

small update, pictures for COLLISION as asked for

new shocks received from matt humphris
IMG_0066.jpg

rear shocks fitted
IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

rust repaired
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

wheels from my other micra fitted, colour coded handles and boot handle
IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

on the rear shot you can see the sticker i got off imp124, perfect for when ive fitted the turbo engine

Reminds me of Ray Gimbert's turbocharged K11, stripped out inside with buckets and a 1.0L sticker on the tailgate....

Back