• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Stani's 1.0l 5 Door!!

I was going to ask if youve readjusted the idle / butterfly position since boreing the TB as you maybe getting more air in now...something franks mentioned.

My Throttle body took loads of adjusting and its still stock. :) (ive still to sort my slight idle issues, need to raise the idle 50rpm or so - as it up and downs slightly)

de25ec64.jpg

fcc95023.jpg

Thats what i thought, even the cam sprockets are bang on where i left them. Ill work away on bits and post if i get stuck or once fixed

I'm getting scary compression ratio figures based on your advised setup. Based on the compression ratio on Cyls 2 & 3 they look about right for what I'm working out, clys 1 & 4 look low. This is all subject to ring sealing, cam choice etc etc., so there's assumptions there.

Google a calculator, model the CG13 engine, CG13 pistons, 1.2mm gasket, (1.15mm compressed). CG13DE piston bowl is approx 8.1cc btw, so that'll enable to to work out the other variables, then model for CG10DE flatties and a 1mm headskim.

Frank, btw are you running your CG10 pistoned CG13 with one of your mega 2mm skimmed heads or did you go more tame with this one?

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually cc'd any of their heads when building their engines so they know exactly what compression they are running?

Frank, btw are you running your CG10 pistoned CG13 with one of your mega 2mm skimmed heads or did you go more tame with this one?
no low rider, the 2mm skimmed head (or should i say, 3mm skimmed with 2 headgaskets) is on the cga block in the blue car.
and the 1.0 piston engine in the red car has no skim
and the 2mm skimmed and weldfilled head is on a spare 1.0 engine (to be tested soon to 10k on gas with no damn rev limiter :grinning:)

Back