• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Stani's 1.0l 5 Door!!

Well done mate! looking the business now! I probably shouldnt say this but have you considered rotating the compressor housing so that you can run the IC piping straight down? might be a shorter and more direct route?
Have you got the OMEX installed yet? what your plans for that?

Looking awesome Stani. If that's Mikey off here who's helping you it saves the cost of an engine hoist, huh :laugh:? Been looking at all your vid's on YouTube - some class cars you trashed (Y).

Well done mate! looking the business now! I probably shouldnt say this but have you considered rotating the compressor housing so that you can run the IC piping straight down? might be a shorter and more direct route?
Have you got the OMEX installed yet? what your plans for that?

I reckon he could have gotten at least another few feet of piping in there somewhere :p

not being funny but if you look at it closely thats the only way the piping can be done, even if i did turn the compressor housing around then if would point at the radiator/fan then where would i go from there?? as for the omex it will be going away to get it fitted soon if i sort the running issues.

about my issues with it running its pretty stupid. we had the car completely finished looking great at half 4 today, drove it back to dundee about 15 miles with no issues whatsoever. took it to tesco to fill it up, put that 99 octane stuff in it. then after travelling 20metres from the pump the car become as what i would class undrivable. it only starts when pumping the throttle, it doesnt idle when started and it sound ####ing terrible. theres no melted pistons, its not cause its not mapped before any of you say, it seems so clear that its the high octane ####?? momentum from tesco anyone had issues?? however i made it home and heres a couple of pictures.....

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Never used anything other than Optimax here. The base fuel should be pretty generic but the additive packages can vary radically between retailers. There have been reports of problems with that fuel in the past but problems are usually few and far between. Personally, I'd pump it out and use it elsewhere and put Opti in there.

winner winner chicken dinner mate!!! well in haaa, as for the petrol issue, not that mines was turbod but I filled up with shell vpower in my old red one and It ran exactly like you said, i ended up draining it, fillin up with normal stuff and a bottle of redex and it worked fine. no idea why but the only thing I had done was fill up with higher octane.

thought Micras should be geared up for higher octane fuel,the lowest they use over there is 99 ron.Interested in the results.I used to be on a Scooby forum where they regularly wet themselves about putting 97 ron in an import ;)

I hope the change if fuel sorts this. I remember the same happened with v-power a couple of years ago. What's the best way to drain a full tank??

No harm meant mate, just thought it might be an option (i think thats what that new 1.6T that ed just did is running and was my plan when i finaly get my finger out).
if you pump it out using the fuel pump you risk blocking the filter up with stuff at the bottom of the tank, personaly i would drop the tank and drain it that way, will take a bit longer but you could use the oppotunity to clean out the tank also. Thinking about it, maybe get most of the fuel out using the pump and then drop the tank (dropping a full tank of petrol might not be all that much fun eh)
Hope the problem is just the fuel, sounds a bit odd though?

If you look at the 1.6t ed is doing then there turbo isn't top mounted and they've put the radiator on it's side to get the pipes around. I've done it the easiest way I could with everything in there positions. About the fuel I have a spare pump that I'll put in to drain the tank. I really can't be bothered removing the tank after the weekend I've had. Also Frank the car won't idle so I can't leave it ticking over. I'm looking to get this done asap as I was planning on taking the car to a.v.a this weekend which isn't going to happen now. And noddie if the cars working spot on and you change something. the problem has to be what you made that change too??

Once I've done the fuel change and the problems sorted there will be some videos if the noise lol

We usually disconnect the supply to the fuel rail, shove an extension piece on to allow it over the front wing and hook a battery onto the pump terminals........doesn't take long to empty into jerry cans......

Right well that's problem fixed, siphoned the petrol out and stuck 2 jerry cans in of normal fuel. Started it to find it running better but misfiring. Unplugged injectors individually to find number 4 wasn't doing bog all. Removed fuel rail, pointed it at paper and turned it over to find no fuel coming from number 4. Swapped fuel rail and started the car and it's perfect once again. When I get a chance I'll get a video or if running :)

A very happy/relieved stani

Great! glad to hear its all working again, amaizing how much difference the fuel can make eh.
I now see what you mean about the 1.6t, fair enough :)

stani what was that other guy on about "stani youve had your turn time for you to waddle off into the sunset" or something to that effect??
and i am thinking your only in the early 20's
cars glazed up nice

stani what was that other guy on about "stani youve had your turn time for you to waddle off into the sunset" or something to that effect??
and i am thinking your only in the early 20's
cars glazed up nice

its cause he's away to turbo one i think?? and yeah im only 22. (Y)

Just finished reading this and work looks great :) If I'm free i'll pop over to AVA and see ya too, be nice to meet the micra gang again haha

Pepper

This is one WICKED looking Micra, Glad to hear you've sorted your fuel issues.
(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)​

cheers guys, im not actually driving the car now due to the pure noise of the thing. when it goes away to get mapped i think ill get a silencer fitted somewhere as its actually ridiculous! another small update i got my crank wheel fitted to the crank pulley and bracket for the crank sensor made :D i now have everything for mapping woo hoo!!

IMG_0500.jpg

its gotta be 0.5mm away from it which it is. and if the guys who are fitting it want it further a washer wouldnt go a miss :)

im following the omex instructions so it must be right. heres the only video there will be of my micra until its setup

[video=youtube;vo9dwC30QAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9dwC30QAk[/video]

looking good :)

shame you cant recover the money for the dodgy fuel.

but yup get it mapped cos i wanna see the figures ;) not that i can talk still havent finished mapping mine yet lol

the fuel i couldnt care about it aslong as everything is going fine which it is :) and im not expecting the figures to be near 200. im really hoping for 150-180 but anything more is a bonus :grinning:

Sounds so sweet man! Love any turbo noise ;) Cept a broken one haha

Pepper

P.s on the gapping thing, i work with vibration probes doing pretty much the same thing and they are gapped to 1mm, i trust your doing just fine with your build and hope all is well on the mapping phase :D

Trigger Wheel
If installing a trigger wheel of missing tooth type,
• Accurately mark TDC.
• Turn the engine to approximately 90o BTDC.
Mount your crank position sensor (CPS) anywhere around the perimeter of the timing wheel pointing towards the centre of the wheel with a sensor to wheel gap of approximately 0.5mm.
• Mount the trigger wheel with the missing tooth pointing at the sensor.

If machining a trigger pattern into the front pulley then it is usually easiest to machine all of the teeth in, mount the front pulley, and then remove the tooth pointing at the sensor at 90o BTDC

nice vid showing the micra preparing itself for hyper mode-looked like it was sniffing up them white lines in preperation

ok no updates in months, thats because the car has not moved anymore than 1 metre from the front of my lock up to the back. the car now has no engine or turbo kit as its floating about in england somewhere as you will soon see from the new owner. i never had the time to do anything with this and it breaks my heart to have it sitting doing nothing so i had to sell it, but ive still got a micra and im acquiring parts to begin something with it :wasntme:

Nevermind mate, these things happen, keep your chin up

Hey at least you still have a Micra and have new plans

Look at my 1.0 for instance, I f00cked the car but something positive came out of it and I now have what I've always wanted (Micra wise I mean)

Goodluck with your new plans, I hope it's an N/A screamer??

Cheers mate ;)

I have a few plans marty and yes a 1.3 n/a :D maybe be screamer just depends what thats classed as lol im gonna do what i plan and if once again i dont use the car it will be for sale!

Tryme its just the weight of extra doors that i dont like. Wasnt bothered with having the turbo on there but now with n/a i am going to have to do some diy weight reduction :D

Back