• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Stani's 1.0l 5 Door!!

fair enough mate. ive got a 4 door and wanted to have a little play eventually but was wondering if it was worth it due to weight etc.

been buying some bits and making minor modifications

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

more to come soon

so i got my 1.3 engine from wrighty today thanks mate. straight away i got it into my spare room and took off the head. waiting on my engine stand to be delivered before i take the bottom end apart as ill get oil everywhere without it! here are some pictures :)

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

headgaskets got the typical bubbling, was getting replaced no matter what anyway. and as you can see from the pictures ive got a re-inforced block. :)

I guess its a tool for honing the cylinders. Save some money doing it yourself rather than getting a machine shop to do it for you

i will hopefully be at crail the opening day, well i will just maybe not in this lol it is a cylinder honing tool. was that or a bit of sand paper. anyone got ideas for swapping pistons, i just cant do it and engine resource who i use all the time are panicking about breaking them and estimated £100 to swap, id rather buy a press for a wee bit more

i will hopefully be at crail the opening day, well i will just maybe not in this lol it is a cylinder honing tool. was that or a bit of sand paper. anyone got ideas for swapping pistons, i just cant do it and engine resource who i use all the time are panicking about breaking them and estimated £100 to swap, id rather buy a press for a wee bit more

EBB,s jig would be pretty easy to make stani, (if the pistons are pre 2000), if not i could remove the pins if need be :grinning:

see i bought a wind up gudgeon pin remover, never worked even with heat. was £40 off fleabay and when i mailed the guy he said it wasnt for pressed pins which it didnt state lol the pistons are all pre 2000 frank. i just need 1.0ltrs put onto the 1.3 rods :)

I guess you need to be really gentle as to not damage the piston when removing the pin?

When I took the pins out of some GA pistons I removed the circlips and just got a long extender bar from a ratchet and a hammer and smacked them out lol But I only needed them for a graphic project and they were of no use afterwards so didnt matter if I wrecked them

Im sure the haynes manual suggest using boiling water to help aid the removal.

i read boiling water but why would that work and a heat gun and smacking it wouldnt? BTW ive been practising on a melted piston not the ones im using lol frank if you wouldnt mind doing it PM me please :)

I guess you need to be really gentle as to not damage the piston when removing the pin?

When I took the pins out of some GA pistons I removed the circlips and just got a long extender bar from a ratchet and a hammer and smacked them out lol But I only needed them for a graphic project and they were of no use afterwards so didnt matter if I wrecked them

Im sure the haynes manual suggest using boiling water to help aid the removal.

CG ones are interferance fit scott, very very tight :eek: (and no circlips)

i read boiling water but why would that work and a heat gun and smacking it wouldnt? BTW ive been practising on a melted piston not the ones im using lol frank if you wouldnt mind doing it PM me please :)

i dont mind removing them mate :grinning: can you get a quote from your machinists for fitting ?

Where do you get them fitted? I could get a quote but not to sure how he would feel about doing half the job i asked him to do lol

its a bit of a nerve racking job tbh mate, you have to heat the rod up with a gas torch then the pin slides in a treat (but you only have 0.5 seconds lol, before the heat transfers to the pin and it locks solid)

Gutted! Ill just pay the price, im picking up my engine stand tomorrow as i missed it earlier so will have the pistons/rods out tomorrow. Thanks for offering frank your a top bloke :) away to send my inlet cam down to geoff soon too

its a bit of a nerve racking job tbh mate, you have to heat the rod up with a gas torch then the pin slides in a treat (but you only have 0.5 seconds lol, before the heat transfers to the pin and it locks solid)
embedded in my memory for the rest of time. i would suggest you get someone else to do it stani, even with me and frank it was a pig of a job!

ok some more progress :)

engine stand
1.jpg

engine stripped, water pump removed and refitted, surfaces cleaned up
2.jpg

bores honed
3.jpg

4-1.jpg

oil filter relocator fitting on
5-1.jpg

head sat on
6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

got my throttle body back after a small bit of work. cg and ga butterfly
12-1.jpg

13.jpg

14-1.jpg

cg butterfly fitted
15-1.jpg

ga butterfly fitted but not closing full
16.jpg

a little file and it closes perfect
17.jpg

now that i cut half the shaft off the screws stick out a bit
18.jpg

out they come to be filed
19.jpg

20.jpg

air box sat on
21.jpg

22.jpg
]
23.jpg

next is to swap pistons and begin the rebuild :grinning:

Yeah but its crap low down the revs so unless your on a slippy surface its very hard. And the usual full service/timing belt on the engine. Search stani's is200 on google it should come up for pics. There all about 90 on the LOC haha! No offence to anyone on here who are 90

Im swapping them over soon. The 'wizard' has created me a device for doing so :D inlet is also on its way to autosprint :)

And im maybe selling the lexus as the big bandit is for sale again and i want it

Looking good mate, you've got the best of both IMO

Garage indoors, cups of tea, heating, endless supply of light and electric

Good on ya!

Nice to see you going for it again

Also who bought your turbo kit mate?

Cheers:)

Ha cheers martin! Once its built you can never tell its been in the house. And my turbo kit/engine is still in the club. Not saying who as its not for me to tell.

And will i got them from matt humphris. Think theyre £150+VAT

Whoevers bought it is keeping quiet

Did you sell all the bits?

My mrs would fit with all that jn house :( but atleast your keeping warm eh

Cheers mate

Yes i know they are, he never took the omex stuff. Everything else though :)

And the girlfriend just has to accept it. Spare room which i cleaned :D

Im swapping them over soon. The 'wizard' has created me a device for doing so :D inlet is also on its way to autosprint :)

And im maybe selling the lexus as the big bandit is for sale again and i want it

I so hope you can buy it. That car is awesome! Got a passenger ride in it around knockhill in the wet! Amazing!

See i should have bought it months ago but he pulled out hence buying the lexus. I think he will struggle to find a buyer although i wish he does before i sell everything to raise the price tag

Yeah its alot of money but yet still an absolute steal for the price he wants! Would be great to see it stay in Scotland! Would be cool if you raised the cash (Y)

ahhh i noticed it was up frsale on aoc, hope you can get it man, and if theres any bother he only stays 10 minits from me so I could hapily pick it up and deliver :laugh: haaa!!!

the lexus is lookin good tho man, nice and clean.

Back