• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Solarice's Project.

cheers guys...yeah well pleased its nearly done (its rather quick in 2nd hehe -- need to refine the map everywhere though), gotta fix my front arches cos its catching and ive just spotted a stone chip :( so need to touch that up.

But just little tweaks :D

met my first idot on the way back though, a guy seemed to take offense cos i wouldnt race his fiesta :suspect: so as i went to overtake him (it was a two lane road btw), he cut me up and slowed down :glare:...any guesses on how small his man bits are :laugh:

S8001837.jpg

S8001838.jpg

S8001839.jpg

S8001840.jpg

S8001841.jpg

S8001842.jpg

just a few i took chris

burkey0013 yeah standard nissan white, same as when it come out of the factory :D

Ian gotta finish fixing my wheel clearance up front, and its only really safeish in 2nd cos ive gotta finish the map...will let you know when its properly usable :laugh:

Modified cars eh, took it for a spin to test wheel arch clearance...which seems to have gone well :D however while driving about 10mins in, i noticed a burning rubber smell, which as you know isnt good lol. Just as i was coming up to an area i could park up the SC belt started squealing like mad.

Turned out a bolt had backed out and then been unwound by the SC belt until it jammed and then proceeded to cut a few grooves in the belts back, ruining the belt :doh: So ended up driving the car back with it squealing all the way (not nice to listen too). A few hours later, thanks to limited engine bay access...its fixed and that bolt aint coming out any more ;)

Lets hope thats as bad as the cars problems get :)

lol, cheers shero...well its getting more drivable, front is now a little bit lower and offending body work has been removed so it no longer catches...still trying to sort the rears though as they are catching very slightly very worst case i'll need to raise the height :eek:

Also fitted some temp 20mm spacers on the back...temp because id prefer hub centric ones.

mapping is getting there still working it out as i go...but at least its consistantly incorrect now :laugh: (to rich at cruise and to lean on boost.)

lol, nah...only offending bodywork was metal wing areas that the tyres were catching...nice try though ;)

aye what modded said :)

ah worth a try lol

one of these days..... :)

glad your getting more out of the car now,

i'm so jealous of you, it is awesome, i think i prefer this to turbo'd ones just because i love that whine

tbh mate the supercharger whine cant be heard...its all shouty shouty exhaust action at the moment, theres a couple of things i need to fiddle on the sc, so it may come back.

Just to continue with the sc fiddle i was on about...after fitting new vac lines (they are used to equalise the sc's case pressure) i can say its makes no difference to sc sound (which i suspected it wouldnt) ...but ive gained about another 1 or 2 psi on the boost gauge. So i think its probably running about 7psi max now. So far the cars very happy :D

I deffo think its the air filter thats stealing my whine though lol...

cheers, still tinkering but its getting better :)

funnily enough recently i spotted another micra with virtually the same plate aswell...guess yours and mine are somewhat related then :laugh:

Tom, Im not sure if they all came from the same place (the originals, seeing as Robb has had copies made...and as different tuning companies in Japan seem to have made their own copies aswell)...but I would think they'll be very similar. :)

Kristian has a set of the original arches, the ones Robb had the moulds made up from :)

ok thanks mate,

i have the same splitter too, just trying to figure out what its going to look like lol

i love your car, dont be offended if mine looks like a red facelift version.... ;)

no worries :)

If youre fitting both expect alot more fiddling, as the arches will end up with a big gap if you just try to fit them over the splitter...so you need to do lots of trial and error fitting to close up the gap. Not hard just time consuming :)

You'll need to be adjusting them anyway as they have a small gap you'll want to close up...so they deffo arent a quick fit jobby.

I wont be doing it, i'd only end up breaking them :(

fingers crossed it will be giong in to get the work done next spring, just before show season (Y)

thanks for the help mate,

your car looks better everytime i see it.

There are a couple, not taken by me though...

still tinkering as the front is now lower (id like it lower but arches / tyres dont like it, so id have to adjust them :D...however the speedbumps would probs start attacking), but ive had to raise the back to stop it scrubbing...hopefully once i get the preload correct i can lower it back down.

Pic below (taken by a JNE member) is probs the best one to try and give you an idea of the rear spacing...tbh it could probs go at least another 5mm

Attachments

• Solarice-Car-PicByKnocker88.jpg
    Solarice-Car-PicByKnocker88.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 769
well after looking at the arches more, i think im gonna cut them up...again :D

I can then get the front down possibly another inch, though that will need testing as the roads here arent always low car friendly...for the rears im only gonna know for deffo after i stick some weight in the car...but if needs be they'll get cut along with any metal that gets in the way (as 2 1/2 fingers width is a little too much for my liking) ;)

so much for bodywork being done :laugh:

btw if anyone has any ideas on how to get the rear D2's any lower than they'd normally go, id like to hear it :) (things that dont involve for example cutting coilover parts.) ...removing the lock rings doesnt seem like a good idea (after reviewing) as the springs seem to be close to popping out.

Not a big deal as i think they'll be good enough at the lowest as i want it nose down, just something im curious about. :)

im scratching my head about more drop aswell man. its looking good tho bud.

Btw, see on my rear driverside, The spring sits at an angle as if theres something not right but its all sound, could my panhard rod be pushing the bottom of the axel out of line? the passengerside sits straight, its just the other side, did u ever have any problems like that???

kris/shero,

removeing one of the rear lock coils is fine, blake did this on his and it was fine and he gave it some teddy quight often! and no problems came of sort. quight a bit noticeable diffrance in how much it droped too

but he will beable to give more info on this, i could give you his number or kris you can see him in person if you want.

what about the shock modd we were on about when you were at mine? didnt you find out about that alan bolt?

Shero ive had that problem, not excessive though...for me i had to make sure the spring seat / mini coil support thingy lol was bolted far over to one side to make up the difference, so it could compensate for how much the axle will move back over. Your panhard rod though i guess could be playing its part.

Micra69 no worries for now :) will sort the scrubbage areas first...its the tinkering thats taking the time.

Back