• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Rat

Nice bumper, what did you use to do it? Just normal car body filler?

Also what are you using to paint it? I presume that isn't an aerosol job?

It was a coat of fibreglass paste then normal body filler.
This was done with a gun but you can get the same finish using aerosols.
Noticed in the paint suppliers that they have an add on paint gun for the aerosols,look like they may make it a bit easier..

30000 Mile 1275cc Engine donor..

Found this the weekend.
30K miles,2 owners.Grandad bought new,then passed it to his grandaughter,who sadly got written off by someone.

mileage-1.jpg
[/IMG]

donordamage-1.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

I think the scrappage scheme is mental. But lets not start with the politics lol. Car is looking great. Are u going to do a progress report on the engine change? Show us all how its done! :p

Flat_out

I think the scrappage scheme is mental. But lets not start with the politics lol. Car is looking great. Are u going to do a progress report on the engine change? Show us all how its done! :p

Flat_out
It's sad the amount of good cars that are getting squashed.And it's going to shorten the supply of secondhand cars.So now the (foreign) car manufacturers are doing well & the UK secondhand market takes another blow.
Anyway,I won't be fitting the engine myself as I have a man who thrives on that sort of thing,I'm going to try & get the donor to him tomorrow...

Yea, question about the paint, whats it called / paint code? Ive got the same colour.

And if you got a white K11 this will most likely be the code...
And as you can see we've got a good reputation for quality pre-owned motor vehicles

gutted about those cars getting scrapped..the scrappage scheme sucks IMO. not everyone can afford a new car. even if they knock money off...and what can you buy? mostly rubbish cars lol.

DE-restricted the rev limiter on the rat wow it really does work- how do people find this out!? The ECU has a funny way of resetting itself though. The 1.0litre was up to 7-8000rpm 80mph in third! hahahahahahahaha

Stripped the victim today,few more bits to get while on the truck before she's off..

strippeddonor1.jpg

Robbed the boot/petrol flap opener from the donor & fitted it to the RaT so now I can de-lock the tailgate & petrol flap.
Was fairly easy to fit but it's a stripped out rear which saved time.
Worst bit was having to make hole in inner sill to accomodate the release handle back,but easy with the drivers seat out.The hole is already pressed into the metal to guide you,you just got to cut/drill round it & use 10mm self drilling bolts to fix as you have not got the captive threads to use original fixings from the donor.I'll cut the fixing section from the victim & weld it in when the sills are repaired.

This was a good read, i like the colour and the car alot!
keep it up mate! :)
Thanks,
Just wish I had more time!..

Sunny Croydon.
That was a waste of the K reg,I had a quick look round & it was good.
I've seen all sorts destroyed by people who don't know/care what they've got.MK1 CRX,Sunny ZR,FTO's & loads of new cars sent from DVLA for no tax,all go in the crusher.
So much for the environment they keep banging on about!

More crunching noises

spot on :) but i dont like that small plate. but thats me lol....i would go for a 12x6 jap plate with a smoothed bumper recess ;)
I hear ya the plate is rubbish,drunk people should not be allowed on E Bay..
I'm going to order an import plate & must get on with the bumper...

Bit of drama,the car won't run,fires up for a few seconds with the management light flashing fast,then dies.
Going to check the fuses,make sure ECU is not wet & check for error codes,could be the NATS playing up?
I've got a pre-NATS car here I can borrow bits from,anyone know if a pre-NATS ECU will plug & play or is it more involved?
We messed around with the dizzy recently removing the limiter,the car has been fine for a good few hard driven miles since but I've got a spare I can try.
Powers disconnected for the night to see if something resets..

This arrived today,March Auto with air con,electric windows,rear head rests etc.

It's got rot, a stoved in drivers door,tailgate is battered & holes drilled where they moved the number plate lights & the gear linkage is mangled but it still drives :devil:
Engine is sweet (Maybe for our Super S with the AC) & the gearbox is sold & the front bumper is going on RaT with some smoothing.Also got a rev counter pod I can use but has auto gear selection lights at the bottom.Has electric mirror switch but no wiring/mirrors sadly..

" A natural expression of style"

Super S rims kindly donated from a Golf GTi.
One day we'll finish it..

looks like micra heaven there lol. by any chance are you in need of a grommit for your rear wiper hole cause i think i may have one spare if you want one

We are planning on filling the rear wiper hole, probably going to use the tailgate of the march. I prefure the number plate lights to the uk spec one.
Does anyone know if it would be hard to fit the rev counter from the march into RaT???

i would nab the head lights off that march aswell for RAT. there plastic lense's rather than glass :)

if you didnt know that? lol

It's a shame but the faces are very dull,I might try & restore them.
1 fixing broken too but I could weld another on with the soldering iron...

Removed the March bumper today & got the mods underway..

IMG_1253.jpg

Cut out the unwanted plasic & drilled holes ready for first coat of glass.
IMG_1254.jpg

Masked & glassed.
IMG_1255.jpg

Glass finished.
IMG_1257.jpg

First fill.
IMG_1258.jpg

Used squares of the excess plastic cut out from mouth to "weld" in infills left after removing the platic bars.I merged the 2 plastics together both sides using a soldering iron,makes a very strong repair that you can glass & fill over.

IMG_1259.jpg

First fill.
IMG_1260.jpg

Found the mesh donated from a Rover & the grills from a Primera GT.The splitter came from a Celica..Number plate borrowed from my Civic,I'm going to buy 2 import plates..

IMG_1262.jpg

Rover mesh.
IMG_1182.jpg

This teqnique for bumper removal not found in a Haynes manual.Fast & effective,they need a firm hand :devil:
IMG_1183.jpg

Hopefully get some time to get the filler work seriously underway tomorrow & the holes cut out for the Primera grills..

Both grill holes done.
The Primera grills are straight so I've had to build the corners of the bumper up with fibreglass to fill the gap.
Nearly there with the filler now but it's took some time to get it right,smoothing the moulding shape is not too bad it's the grills that take the time.
Very much looking forward to primer now,seen enough dust for a while..

IMG_1306.jpg

This little accident apparently happened in a petrol garage,said he reversed into something??At 60 MPH lol glad I don't park in his street..

IMG_1197.jpg

Its taken you 4 days non stop to get this far- wot an under achiever!!!!

Both grill holes done.
The Primera grills are straight so I've had to build the corners of the bumper up with fibreglass to fill the gap.
Nearly there with the filler now but it's took some time to get it right,smoothing the moulding shape is not too bad it's the grills that take the time.
Very much looking forward to primer now,seen enough dust for a while..

IMG_1306.jpg

This little accident apparently happened in a petrol garage,said he reversed into something??At 60 MPH lol glad I don't park in his street..

IMG_1197.jpg

Would be good to see the car actually working aswell!!!! Thats it keep the firm afloat!

hi mate, bumper looks great, i have miss placed the grommit somewhere however if i dont find it my mate is bringing one home from work today so will have it sen straight out

SlOw progress..

Not much progress on the car sadly,it's in the shop covered in dust.
Only good new is that Ferrit swapped Micra seat bases with Primera GT seats & fitted drivers side.
2 fixings line up to join base & seat so a little welding/nut & bolting will be needed on the back 2.
Hold you in very well though :devil: backs may need to be raised a little.

IMG_1333.jpg

Croydon Branch.
IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

This is a right blog, you seem to have an arsenal of Micra's, lol. those cranes are a bit vicous swinging them claws.

Liking what your doing with your front bumper, looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Not happy with the seats- wish i hadn't of taken the primera sub frames off and instead modded them to the micra. Lots of measuring and drilling rivets and holes. But its all part of the fun still the passengers seat to do, no rush seeing as sleeper is ####ing about with the bumper and the car isn't even running!

This is a right blog, you seem to have an arsenal of Micra's, lol.
Liking what your doing with your front bumper, looking forward to seeing the finished project.

It's getting out of control!
Front of workshop is mainly projects,Sad looking 16V Integra (engine donor for an '87 Civic)The white super S on axle stands (but nasty work done)& the March is being slowly picked at,must get it dealt with & an Audi A4 with electrical issues that's really outstayed its welcome.Oh & the rat is a dusty non runner & the only car in the workshop due to the amount of clutter I keep but I've been doing a few jobs while it's there....

---------- Post added at 03:38 ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 ----------

B]Me & JC removed the restrictive Pug 206 induction elbow & fitted the 70mm blue sillicone hose.
We had problems finding somewhere for the carbon box to fit,I had it tie wrapped to the induction pipe by distributor (bodge)so we used the box from the scrap March which is much smaller & fits in the corner of the bulkhead,just got to rob some longer hoses.
Nicked the rocker cover off the March too (Sorry stani :wasntme:) cleaned it up & fitted it.
Really must paint the bay black next that red really sucks

IMG_1369.jpg
B]

IMG_1365.jpg

JC's slammed Cortina..
Which now has circa '95 Nissan Micra door rubbers,Golf sunvisors,Lexus leather..
IMG_1323.jpg

[/B]

---------- Post added at 03:54 ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 ----------

im famous!!

We're flying the flag for South London :devil:

hmmm have you taken the cortina to the ''FerriRat'' lowering school?

choppy choppy ha ha!

silicone looks good mate, just get her started and abuse some BIGGER boys around the twistys!!

hmmm have you taken the cortina to the ''FerriRat'' lowering school?

Hmmm...Surrey Sump Scuffers??
South London Lowriders?

choppy choppy ha ha!
Bring forth the guilotine..

silicone looks good mate, just get her started and abuse some BIGGER boys around the twistys!!
Seriously missing my ride...:down:

Brb

Back again for a visit!
The Rat is laid up in a lock up at the moment,circumstances have taken over,NATS kicked in,locksmith took the money for dealing with the ECU & has not been seen since,went to lovely Ibiza,came back & moved house,loads of decorating,busy at work,now it's winter & Christmas round the corner so looks like the project is going to be on hold for a while longer.
Did order an exhaust manifold & got the lightened flywhel on the plus side so ready for the engine change as soon as I shell out for (another) ECU to get her going again.
I've not been Micra-less anyway,I've still got the cherry red one shown in a few of the pictures which has been lowered & stripped out.It's doing well,I've been giving it a whipping & used it to move house so it's been loaded right up.Noisy gearbox but it's putting up with the stress.. car deserves it's own blog really..

Back