• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Slowest build ever!

So I picked up my 97 k11 "Shape" yesterday and am quite pleased with her (yet to decide a name).
And bare/bear (not sure of correct word to use) with me as this will almost certainly be the slowest project to ever be put on this forum due to it being my everyday workhorse :p

First thing to be done was to strip out all the seats and spend the majority of my day cleaning and her she is in all her glory:

Not much but I have a good feeling about this car :p Cant see from this photo but the roof, A, B and C pillars all need repainting but oh well, when i got the time to keep it off the road for a few days it shall get done.

Time for the first mod:
6yZErgY.jpg

I believe they are from "Super S" but the look much nicer than the boring black ones that were in there, and best of all they were donated to me by a very kind friend of mine, who also fitted them.
Thats it for now but here is a rough outline of my plans:
Debadge
Lowered
Peter lloyd rally exhaust I live about 6 miles from them
Possible engine transplant to a cg13
Possible smoothed rear doors and boot
and whatever else this lovely website inspires me to do (so much for keeping her standard)

edited: corrected images

Also had some HID bulbs donated to me from my brother in law. Here they are:
VwekPg8.jpg
rB6RUPm.jpg

Next on the to-do list is to get them checked over to ensure they are pointing relatively low so as to not blind everybody that goes past :S Also need to get a ballast box because the High beam isn't working right now. This shall be ordered today in work and hopefully arrive fairly quickly :)

Yeah they're illegal and will fail the mot try looking into it
I was under the understanding that as long as you have self leveling headlights and washers then they're fine. Was planning on going to a scrappy to get the necessary parts From a diferent car and adapting them to fit. Of course id then have them checked by an mot station to ensure they comply :)

I agree with Karl, but more for the fact that HID's f*** me right off they're so bright. It's just as bad as driving with full beam on and I think dangerous.

Didn't realise you could get a fine :s whoops my bad! I best get them off can't be dealing with any fines at the moment (long story)

Didn't realise you could get a fine :s whoops my bad! I best get them off can't be dealing with any fines at the moment (long story)

I've just bought myself some OSRAM NightBreaker Plus bulbs for £11.

55w road legal but they light up a lot more of the road and have a slighter whiter look than most bulbs. Worth looking into.

And to have HIDs you need to have projectors, not lenses, auto self levelling and auto self cleaning.

I've just bought myself some OSRAM NightBreaker Plus bulbs for £11.

55w road legal but they light up a lot more of the road and have a slighter whiter look than most bulbs. Worth looking into.

And to have HIDs you need to have projectors, not lenses, auto self levelling and auto self cleaning.
I must have been only partially informed. In that case I'm glad I didn't order any of the bits to for the self leveling or the ballast box. I shall have a look into the osrams then thanks mate :) rather have something that's legal and not annoying than get pulled and/or a fine :)

Just a small update so y'all know where I am with the car (I did say slowest build ever)
Seeing as I've been advised not to drive by the doctor after passing out at the wheel until they can figure out whats wrong I've parked the car on the drive so I can do some work on her and not have to worry about rushing to get it back together.
I've decided to put visual mods aside for a while in order to concentrate on other aspects of the car...
My weekend has been spent removing my head so I can double gasket it to lower the compression ready for my delivery from a lovely young chap up in Birmingham that you will almost certainly all know ;)
Pictures will be up as soon as I can so you can see my lovely, oily insides :D

Have to agree with Skymera, night breakers cost buttons on eBay and are twice as bright as standard. Karl's right as well, after market hides will not pass an MOT :).

Have to agree with Skymera, night breakers cost buttons on eBay and are twice as bright as standard. Karl's right as well, after market hides will not pass an MOT :).
Yeah I'm gonna order some osrams when I get chance and the HIDs are out now ;)

Quick update here, sorry about the lack of updates on this but she's nearly ready. Just gotta sort out some induction piping and my Bov the shell be running in all her glory! Unfortunately I've been forgetting to tale pics :( so shall dig through what I got just so you can all laugh at my shoddy craftsmanship :)

Back