• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mikey's micra

mikey

Ex. Club Member
Righty, i've owned the motor for almost three years now, been driving it for nearly two, and modding it for about one!
So here's the progress i've made in order of what's been done, as best as i can remember....

15' seven spoke alloys
Super S spoiler sprayed black
Ebay job induction
Plastic headlight guard-things
Panasonic 12 disc cd changer
12" mutant sub, ghetto home made box!
1000W amp
m.o.s. 350W 6x9's
Recaro seats from a Suzuki Ignis sport
Openmouth grille, meshed, with a nismo badge stuck on!
A carbon fibre effect back box
Janspeed manifold (Optispart)
Side skirts from a pug 306 (Fitted by Stani)
Front splitter from a mk4 astra
Sports steering wheel from a scrapped 100nx
Ebay Rev counter
Some slimline driving/fog lights
Tinted rear lights (alexv)
Front strut brace (Squarepants)
March electric folding mirrors (Bought from Glen/Fitted by Stani)
Horizontal wiper motor (RedRocket)
Flat wipers (Glen)
Nismo seatbelt pads
Xenon headlights (Stani)
-50mm lowering springs (Bought from and fitted by Stani)
Wind deflectors (fitted by Stani!)

now de-catted, 1.3'd, 1.6 E.C.U/throttle-body/injector'd and fly-eyed!! (Stani lol!)

That's all i can think of for now...and an obligatory photo!

DSC00770.JPG

As most now know, the micra is dead...saving my life in exchange for it's own...:down:

Picture 012.jpg

But the SR lives!!!

Picture 022.jpg

Lowered 50mm, bits painted black, wiper horizontal-ed, backbox on, stereo and 10" sub on the shelf....here we go again!

Mikey

(Y)

Yep this black and red colour coding is nice, along with the side skirts, stock front bumper and big side strips never looked so good (Y)

nice man. changed a bit since i seen it, what you doing with your sr you no gunna swap it all on to that?

Cheers folks!My wheels are kerbed to death though, never had the time to repaint...and don't forget my bag of solidified sugar Stani, keeps the weight balanced for cornering eh :laugh:
Chris, you need to go to the Scotland meet mate!Represent 1L's eh!
Ah the bloody SR shero, just need one stupid little rear caliper carrier to mot it, i've said it'll be a standard daily motor, but that's what i said of this car eh ;)

yeah you could kill someone with that sugar lol and chris i think were all meeting up today, first of all to do deans exhaust and then your handles?? im away to work first though so get in touch

Big update today!! :p
Well i got hold of a 1.3 engine from Dean, a mate of mine who's car was written off :down:
Beforehand it was worked over by Stani, and had the headgasket and belts done, and 1.6 throttlebody, injectors and E.C.U. fitted...
Stani started work at 8am this morning, and by the time i'd fannied about getting the janspeed off, the engine was stripped of loom, hoses, radiator, driveshafts etc, by 10.30, engine was out, flywheels swapped, but the clutch looked like a 15 year old clutch does...####ed :laugh: so while i wasted an hour picking up a new one, Stani swapped over the alternators and all the tools were where they should be, everything was sorted and the place was bloody hoovered lol :p
Another hour-ish pit stop happened when Fuzzy brought chicken and a blingin corsa turbo exhaust to distract us...then Stani had everything back together, wired up, tightened and filled with all the right engine juices...and at 2 o'clock my 1.3 micra was started, running schweet, and off for a test run!!
All i can say is, it's AWESOME! (Y)

Pics show it all...And Stani...you're the MAN!!!

DSC00898.JPG

DSC00899.JPG

DSC00900.JPG

DSC00901.JPG

DSC00902.JPG

DSC00903.JPG

DSC00906.JPG

DSC00907.JPG

DSC00910.JPG

DSC00911.JPG

DSC00912.JPG

DSC00913.JPG

DSC00914.JPG

DSC00915.JPG

DSC00916.JPG

blimey how the heck do you lift a 50kg block like that? i can't lift a block onto a trolley without breakin my back :/

those engines are #### all, as you can see mike makes it look easy, pics are looking better than i thought they would, as you can see i tried to hide in the majority of them. was a good and #### easy day. bring on the almera and let the fun begin...;)

Cheers Chris!Trust me, you need to get it done mate :p Like Everyone says, you wont go back...even though i loved the 998cc lol (Y)

Oh yeah, the improvement is unmissable!! :devil:

DAMN!!...im the only 1.0 left (for a while);)...cant wait to see it running mate, congrats:grinning:

maon yooo!!! cowboy 1litre man! lol :D
Anyway mikey / stani, nice job. how much better is it big man, bet your kikin yourself for no doin it sooner. :D, either way yasssss. :D

mike is tall and he has recaro seats welded in his car (the ones from the suzuki ignis sport?) his avatar is just what he's like driving his car its so funny

Aye Greig, it's sooo much better, in your own words, i would be disgusted goin back to the 1 litre!!I wish i'd done it ages ago!

I'm 6 foot ridiculous Frank! (6'4" ish) i managed to get the original subframes welded to the base of the iggy seats though, so they're marginally lower than the standard micra ones...as for legroom a smaller steering wheel means i can get fifth without lodging me knee between the gearstick and the wheel...
Except when someone forgets to slide the seat back after they've had a shot in the car, eh Stani?!! :laugh: I thought the car had shrunk for a day or two!!

And there's always the problem of a size fourteen getting stuck under the pedals eh, but i'm stuck with that!

Yeah, i do fill most of the car lol looks like i've got one of those magnifying windscreens....:p

Aye Greig, it's sooo much better, in your own words, i would be disgusted goin back to the 1 litre!!I wish i'd done it ages ago!

I'm 6 foot ridiculous Frank! (6'4" ish) i managed to get the original subframes welded to the base of the iggy seats though, so they're marginally lower than the standard micra ones...as for legroom a smaller steering wheel means i can get fifth without lodging me knee between the gearstick and the wheel...
Except when someone forgets to slide the seat back after they've had a shot in the car, eh Stani?!! :laugh: I thought the car had shrunk for a day or two!!

And there's always the problem of a size fourteen getting stuck under the pedals eh, but i'm stuck with that!

Yeah, i do fill most of the car lol looks like i've got one of those magnifying windscreens....:p

yeah its definately worth upgrading to a 1.3 when i had it in it felt like i had a turbo in. well done good job you done.

Utterly pointless update :p Car needs so much welding underneath it's gonna add a few pounds...and cost a few too!!Apart from lots of rusty bits, there was an improperly secured cv boot clip, a missing brake hose clamp and a cut in a tyre wall on the mot fail sheet...strangely the advisory for the crossmember disappeared, and was replaced by trivial stuff like slight corrosion of exhaust parts (not surprising as it came from the scrappy!)
Anyway i took my spare tyre to be changed over, a brake clamp-thing for the mechanic to hammer on, now just waiting for the man with the mig to plate it up and it'll be good for 12 months...missing it somethin rotten though, fed up using the missus' car! :down:

Utterly pointless update :p Car needs so much welding underneath it's gonna add a few pounds...and cost a few too!!Apart from lots of rusty bits, there was an improperly secured CV boot clip, a missing brake hose clamp and a cut in a tyre wall on the mot fail sheet...strangely the advisory for the cross member disappeared, and was replaced by trivial stuff like slight corrosion of exhaust parts (not surprising as it came from the scrappy!)
Anyway i took my spare tyre to be changed over, a brake clamp-thing for the mechanic to hammer on, now just waiting for the man with the MIG to plate it up and it'll be good for 12 months...missing it something rotten though, fed up using the missus' car! :down:

Ive got my m.o.t. tomorrow. hope mine doesn't need welding had some last year :eek:

Red & black,classic Micra.
Good work,you've nearly talked me into getting my 1275cc fitted

Honestly, there is no room for negotioation.What are you waiting for?!Do it!...DO IT NoOOooOOWW!!!:p

It's the best mod at minimal cost/work, and gives the most gains for effort put in. (Y)

Righty, longest m.o.t. repair wait ever later...put it in on the 28th of March, got it back on the 15th of April...that's a helluva welding job!!But it's back home...I'm having a look tomorrow (Sunday) to check and possibly underseal all that newly melted metal, and while it's up there i'm hoping to get the janspeed back on, the 1.6 stuff back on, the standard 13' steelies back on, or at least one of these jobs done!! :p Oh, and i might actually get to drive the damn thing again!

Got my manifold back on, and the throttlebody, injectors, F.P.R, and ecu back in, such a difference!:grinning:

DSC01000.JPG

DSC00999.JPG

DSC01002.JPG

Some steelies to stick on, and i'll take it to Crail on Sunday, see how it does :p

Well, my first time driving at Crail...i got a little bit quicker every run bar one, 200ths of second slower than the one before :p Annoyed though, my last run was the quickest...but i was asleep at the start...
a 1.205 reaction time, and 17.098 1/4 time. Next time i'm getting into the 16's. Or i will bite my own ear off trying grr

Cheers Frank! (Y) I was an utter novice today, but practice will help, and i'm taking my flask of coffee next time too! ZZzzzZ...:sleepy:...oh, a green light...

Hehe, that was luck matey, if you got grip i'd be a lot further back :p was #### hot fun though, can't wait till next time!

I know, i got greedy for the glory matey :p So, you're going in June aren't ya, to help me get 16's eh? Brilliant, cheers man, i'll get you a lorne n egg, usual time and place lol :wasntme:

Sooo, made and fitted my de-cat at the weekend, and it is bloody loud! Not sure if it makes any performance difference but it definitely makes me drive like an utter cock just to hear the noise :p also had the headlights fly-eyed courtesy of Stani, painted the wheels again, so it's just that panhard to attempt sometime soon...unless it's such a pain in the hole to do, i'd be better leaving the stocky! :wasntme:

Umm...a little...er...update? :down:

Attachments

• DSC01111.JPG
    DSC01111.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 330
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 356
none injured i hope!
sorry to see ths but is minor hiccup in your plans im sure
you didnt hit a grizly bear by any chance
t-cut?

Yes, i rolled it, and thankfully no-one was injured at all, including me!?
No doubt about it, i'm one lucky s.o.b.

i know it was YOUR car but thats replaceable, your not, glad to still have you with us!(Y)(Y)

once the dust has settled have you thought about what your doing next, getting another i hope?:p

Back