• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Burger's 1.4 Sport+

I did start a thred a while back but i cannot find it anymore.

So here goes. Im Andy i own an X reg 1.4 sport+ 3 door i silver, i picked this car up about 4 months ago. i have previously owned a 1.0 2002 k11 before but decided to upgrade as i liked the 1.0 soo much.

Currently the micra has 15's and also an induction kit apart from that it is pretty much standard o yea and i also have a 3'' peco big bore exhaust.
Interior is also standard apart from a richbrook gearknob and also LG Headunit with a 12'' vibe sub in the boot.

So just arrived today are some 50mm lowering springs with nismo top suspension bushes thanks to Matt Humphris.
2 x Toyo proxes 4 (195 45 15)
A full set of standard disks with standard pads, these are really needed because both of my disks currently have a large blue area on the disks due to me heating them up too much ooops.
Also a trackrod end and oil and fuel filter.
All of this will be done sat morning ... Cant wait

I am also having a rockercover painted Thanks to Anthony.

Other mods that im soon to do are :
Tint back lights
strut brace
panhard rod
mesh front grills
maybe paint front lights.

Any comments welcome.
Cheers Burger

I will show some before and after pictures that i will take on saturday when the new parts go on.

What sort of splitter can i use for front and back and what sort of modification will i have to make for them to fit?

i used a golf mk2 splitter on the rear of my car just speed bolted it on the bumper n cut it to size

the font people usually use Renault megan/clio splitters

lol haha funny! it just didnt work out that well. maybe i didnt wait long enough with each coat of paint and maybe i didnt de-grease it properly.:laugh:

piccies of progress, yet to detail the letters..
and the purple on didnt hold the top colour...GRR

Attachments

• Photo-0008b.jpg
    Photo-0008b.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Photo-0009d.jpg
    Photo-0009d.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Photo-0010m.jpg
    Photo-0010m.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 320
I am just a rev. counter, fog lights and passenger air bag away from being able to pass as a sport+ :) (wont bother with pass. air bag though lol)

ive taken some photos and put them onto my computer but i just cannot seem to work out how i get them onto this post.

So here are a few quick pix i took tonight nothing fancy just a few on my phone, i havent cleaned the car at all will do for some more pictures on sat.
What do you think....
Photo0070.jpg

Photo0073.jpg

Photo0075.jpg

Photo0076.jpg

Photo0077.jpg

Photo0074.jpg

Photo0078.jpg

Cheers

you can come and collect this whenever you want metey :grinning::grinning:

Attachments

• Photo-0008_1.jpg
    Photo-0008_1.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 346
Finally got the chance to take some photos now i have all the bits on.

Last saturday i had fitted a set of 50mm lowering springs + nismo bushes £138
New Discs and pads Std ones. £26.50
Track rod end £8.20
rocker cover... Thanks to Antony. £22
Full service. £35
Toyo Poroxes 4 X 2 for front £77

Labour costs £40 for the lot BARGAIN.

so here are some pictures comments welcome.

DSCF1965.jpg

DSCF1967.jpg

DSCF1963.jpg

DSCF1969.jpg

DSCF1970.jpg

DSCF1973.jpg

Dont really know what to do with it next i have some plans for jan:
Front laguna splitter
Rear Ibiza splitter
Front upper strut brace
window tint.... a big maybe..

Oh yea and hopw do i mesh my front grilles????

Ideas?????

Cheers
Andy

i love the interior of the sport+...they came in dark grey, light grey and black plastic courlors! why couldnt they do that with the 98>2000 facelifts! if i had the money i would just a buy a sport+ full interior!

I did'nt really like the interior when i first bought the car but it has grown on me.
When i had my 1 litre i always wanted a set of standard fogs.

Has anyone tried to tint the back two windows them selves? they can easily be taken out ... is this an easy job?

Well today i bought some diy window tint so may have a good go at it in the week. also bought some spray for the front lights will need a good masking off session to make sure i dont overspray. Got some coloured nuts and bolts for the engine bay. should get all off this done by next weekend.

:down::down:Well, This is just an update really.

Ive had a few problems with the micra needing a new airflow sensor which arnt the easiest things to find. so a new one has now been fitted and shes running fine again.
And yesterday on the way to work giving it a little was finding that the clutch was slipping quite badly have noticed this a few times but not to the extent of which it is doing it now so me and my mate are going to do this at his garage on sat morn. Found a replacment clutch for 45 quid can performance ones be had? or any particular brand should i go for?

Nothing really cosmetic done apart from the back side window tint which i dont know if i like that much so that may be taken off quite soon.

Also when painting the front lights do you paint the glass or the reflective part of the lights?

Cheers

Back