• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Rat

20150510_140727_zpssmewfvyp.jpg

20150510_140658_zpsbuofw5tm.jpg

20150510_140503_zpss5jnsqvn.jpg

As you can see this blog has been another victim of the greed of photobucket. I have all the pictures but cannot edit the posts to remove the dead pic links & put replacements up :(

Few old pics..
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Photobucket is dead. I've lost count of how many blogs I've seen riddled with P500 graphics.

Did you cut any of the inner door skin out in your lightening regime? If so, do you recall how much weight it was worth per door?

Photobucket is dead. I've lost count of how many blogs I've seen riddled with P500 graphics.

Did you cut any of the inner door skin out in your lightening regime? If so, do you recall how much weight it was worth per door?

I attacked the passenger door. Cut out all the inner as far as I could go without letting air & water in, & chopped the crash bar out. Without damaging the outside skin you cannot get to the ends of the bar. Obviously no regulator & glued Perspex in to replace the glass. I bought a billet window (Not yet fitted) because you can't put a price on the comfort of your passengers ;)
I can't remember if I weighed the excess baggage, I've fired up the old PC with the pictures on tonight so it may be on there. You can also lose the inner rubber around the door shut with no wind noise, it's just a trim.
The drivers door is a bit frustrating. I'd have to look again but it might be possible to cut enough inner door out without losing the regulator fixing points to get in there to cut the crash bar out.
Exchanging the side glass for Perspex is a massive saving without destroying the doors. I need to lose my tailgate glass, seem to remember Frank blogging this way back then. Does not look easy as the glass in concave & I'd have to shiv the spoiler off to fix it...

I've already gone to Lexan windows and composite panels (tailgate + boot). This is just final weight shavings while still keeping the car sensible.

I was just thinking to remove the inner most skin (the main section behind the door card) and replace with a cover, likely out of something like Foamalux, (carbon is lighter but extremely expensive), so there's nothing to get my flailing arms stuck in or caught on in the event of a rollover.

The inner skin does not come to much at all but added benefit you lose the weight of the regulator at the same time.
Tailgates are heavy, how much £ is a composite?

Found most of the pictures. Not going to be able to repair this blog as I would like, best I can do is up some of my favourites.

enhance

enhance

enhance

What we did this morning / Reason not to own a Corsa.
One of my pals has a 2007 Diesel Corsa. Under 70000 miles. Started having issues. Man with the machine plugged it in and acted on the codes shown. £500 later car breaks down on the motorway. Towed home. Plugged in again... ECU code. ECU boffins estimate around £300 to repair & advise as to where to find the ECU. Of all the choices of places the GM "engineers" decided to put it (Like in the driest place, the cabin) they fixed in in the scuttle underneath the wipers, which fills up with water when the rubber bung clogs up which it will inevitably do. You have to remove the wipers and all the plastic to clean the said bung out. This pizs poor design is not unique to Corsa, on the Vectra C the ECU is under the wheel arch. Funny thing, they knew that this area was likely to get waterlogged because there is a plastic trim to (hopefully) prevent water going down the heater air inlet. Absolute toilet.
Here is a drowned ECU...

enhance

This is a fox. The fox was my friend & good company when I was spraying my pony car black.

enhance

Haha a common dash scene
enhance

Innards of a K11 bonnet : )
enhance

enhance

Hi all,
The rat is now for sale in the buy & sell forum. No time or space. Sad to see it go, project started over 10 years ago!
Needs fuel pump which comes with the car.

Back