• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

Detailed it...
Omg Clay bars are really amazing.
1456162134891.jpg

Couldn't believe the amount of crap that came off...

Sealed using Dodo juice purple haze soft wax.
Mmmm beading and sheeting.

So yesterday I finished my nightshift ready for my days off and decided to underseal Millie shouldn't be too hard as I'd done it last year to so just a top up really.
For those of you that actually know Chloe and myself you'll know we say we live in the country and drive endless single track roads, well...
This was removed from 1 rear wheel arch...
1458024475732.jpg

1458024493318.jpg

If you drive roads like this too yours will be the same!

Whoa! The geek in me wonders how much all that removed crud added to the curb weight.

I just unleashed the jet wash to all the cars at the weekend and the arches were clean all bar a few leaves/twigs and some sycamore seeds :p

Whoa! The geek in me wonders how much all that removed crud added to the curb weight.

I just unleashed the jet wash to all the cars at the weekend and the arches were clean all bar a few leaves/twigs and some sycamore seeds :p
Couple of kilos shifted at least! It's amazing to think it was only a years worth...

bout the weight of a medium plant pot full of soil perhaps? I know some of my moms plant pots in garage weigh a ton

gather the facts of how much it'll cost to at least pass the MOT before wisely deciding her fate. she's had tons invested in her, financially & emotionally. be patient & emotionally intelligent ;)

Tom

I've had my car a decade... there's time I've thought I'd rather watch it crushed than strain me one more day. Then I think there's no way I could do it. It's not what's attached. It's the shell itself that makes the car 'who' it is to me.

Then you remember why you do what for it in the first place. And we plod on

If it's bad, consider a chesp run around while you fix yours up in the meantime to breakdown costs. You've a welder and no doubt enough talent. If not there's plenty of people around who'll help as and when

Think Positive Tom

Last edited:
As above really. I really admire your staying power, in the 3 years I've been in the Micra game, I've never come close to finishing a project, I don't have the same staying power as you.
Agreed with Andy, buy a daily.

View attachment 47966
That wasn't all... headlights have never failed before tho bit odd but nevermind :)

you got rear discs right? looks like the old handbrake cam mechanism or the inner piston mechanism in the caliper has dried & rusted up therefore not working. requires rebuild or £70 replacement.

if it's drums, perhaps the self-adjuster is as usually gunked with dirt and rusted or seized. just needs a good overhaul. check shoe thickness whilst there.

wonder if they mean the beam pattern is wrong/obstructed (guessing they're standard UK lens?) or need re-levelling? I usually just park the car on a long straight level road/back alley at night and tweak each headlight adjuster till the beam-top is exactly touching the distant horizon.

check ur new engine's not burning oil, O2 sensor is responding fast enough at 3k and the cat ain't destroyed.

corroded brake lines between load compensator & rear brakes always seem to crop up with MOT, worth a check where it's corroding (perhaps wrap the new lines in heatshrink or tape?)

you got rear discs right? looks like the old handbrake cam mechanism or the inner piston mechanism in the caliper has dried & rusted up therefore not working. requires rebuild or £70 replacement.

if it's drums, perhaps the self-adjuster is as usually gunked with dirt and rusted or seized. just needs a good overhaul. check shoe thickness whilst there.

wonder if they mean the beam pattern is wrong/obstructed (guessing they're standard UK lens?) or need re-levelling? I usually just park the car on a long straight level road/back alley at night and tweak each headlight adjuster till the beam-top is exactly touching the distant horizon.

check ur new engine's not burning oil, O2 sensor is responding fast enough at 3k and the cat ain't destroyed.

corroded brake lines between load compensator & rear brakes always seem to crop up with MOT, worth a check where it's corroding (perhaps wrap the new lines in heatshrink or tape?)
I'm on drums buddy I'd love disks tho.
It was obstruction due to her evil eyes :L
I had a slight blow on a join in the sportex...
I'll look into taping them up :)
Cheers Paul!

Oh you went it for the MOT with the vinyl on the lights?
I'd have thought it would fail, despite the adverts saying it's legal most garages will fail it... I'm some cases, like yellow tint, they're arguably legal but I wouldn't know where yours stand.

Oh you went it for the MOT with the vinyl on the lights?
I'd have thought it would fail, despite the adverts saying it's legal most garages will fail it... I'm some cases, like yellow tint, they're arguably legal but I wouldn't know where yours stand.
I removed the headlight protectors that are tinted with the dragons eye tint but kept the Bad boy carbon light brows as they have always past :/ oh well got a pass so that works :)

Back