• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

hehe yeah how to fit a square peg speedo cable into a round hole blind folded and at arms length :p

oooh that clean engine in the bay looks fizzy :D
Whilst swearing non stop because of the tension overall in the cable.

Thanks Paul will finish it tomo and then take some proper photos :)

Day 4 (Engine)

So today was the day to finish all the little bits off and make sure loose ends were tied up.
Got her all connected oil coolant and gear oil.
1441128969861.jpg

Only to find a leak...
Coolant... from guess where!
1441129004783.jpg

@karlj Chloe and myself feel your pain.
Chloe reattached the inlet manifold because my fingers are too fat to do it! Stupid design!
Sorted no more leaks.
Crank it over to fill oil filter and quick top up...
Reconnect the dizzy.
Turn the key and she starts 1st time :D
1441129291245.jpg

1441129304842.jpg

1441129319045.jpg

bravo lad :cool:
I find it easier to access the return pipe from underneath, and it's always a good idea to replace any o-rings that have been disturbed, especially that coolant return one.
easy sailing from here

bravo lad :cool:
I find it easier to access the return pipe from underneath, and it's always a good idea to replace any o-rings that have been disturbed, especially that coolant return one.
easy sailing from here
Thank you Paul!
I couldn't get my arms into do it from under due to the odd placement of my engine loom :/
Had to strip it all back.
Dually noted Paul it looked fine to me.
Indeed just bed in now...

Hi, I'm sorry to ask these question, if you don't like them in your topic, I'll create another topic.
1) That exhaust! It looks awesome! Where did you bought it?
Edit: I think i found it?
http://www.sportex-exhausts.com/Performance-Exhaust-System-FN1/cat/10/sub/0/subsub/0/product/275 Is there a performance difference between the 2.5-4" exhaust?
2) Did you do a 1.0 -> 1.3 swap? Because we have a 1.0 but if I read it correctly, you paid £70 for a 1.3 engine?
And it's pretty much swap and start? There is not much difference between the engines?
Because if that's the case I'm serious doubting to do a swap next year!!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm sorry to ask these question, if you don't like them in your topic, I'll create another topic.
1) That exhaust! It looks awesome! Where did you bought it?
Edit: I think i found it?
http://www.sportex-exhausts.com/Performance-Exhaust-System-FN1/cat/10/sub/0/subsub/0/product/275 Is there a performance difference between the 2.5-4" exhaust?
2) Did you do a 1.0 -> 1.3 swap? Because we have a 1.0 but if I read it correctly, you paid £70 for a 1.3 engine?
And it's pretty much swap and start? There is not much difference between the engines?
Because if that's the case I'm serious doubting to do a swap next year!!
Hello bud no problem all questions relevant are worth asking...
Yep it's an FN1 full system with a 4" tip... and no the tip does not make any performance different.
No mine has always been a 1.3 it was just a very high miler 147000 miles.
So just swapped it out for another engine :)
Yes but my breakers yard are awesome and bargains come up alot.
Yup 1.0 to 1.3 is a straight swap.
There are some various differences between gearboxs.
Oh got you a cap for your washer bottle :) see you at JAE!

Millie would like to say see you guys at JAE!!!
Gave her a full wash yesterday and fully polished and waxed today.
Not long to go guys :D
1441550626411.jpg

1441550643415.jpg

1441550660359.jpg

1441550676257.jpg

Must say that your micra really is ace!
Definitely unique, but not unique in a **** way like I normally mean when I say "unique"....

Gutted I won't be at JAE, have a good un'

Thanks for the cap, we will sort it out at JAE!
It's a beautiful car, I think mine has the same color. It would be cool to do a photoshoot stock vs mod !

1975125_10203455724810953_7623471221011219260_n.jpg

off-topic: Differences in gearboxes, so I need to to swap the gearbox with the engine then?
I'm doubting for buying a 1.3 (I need ECU & stuff as wel or those are all the same??) for when I have time, because it's a real bargain and 75 instead of 55bhp is a big gain!

Thanks for the cap, we will sort it out at JAE!
It's a beautiful car, I think mine has the same color. It would be cool to do a photoshoot stock vs mod !

1975125_10203455724810953_7623471221011219260_n.jpg

off-topic: Differences in gearboxes, so I need to to swap the gearbox with the engine then?
I'm doubting for buying a 1.3 (I need ECU & stuff as wel or those are all the same??) for when I have time, because it's a real bargain and 75 instead of 55bhp is a big gain!
Yup same colour as mine bud 'AP0' nissan cinnabar red pearl metallic :)
I'd put a 1.3 gearbox with a 1.3 engine but that's just me... and then simply use a luk 180mm clutch :) easy swap :)

JAE 2015
What a weekend!

So as you know both me and Chloe were driving on new engines and we used JAE as the test for them both mine had only covered 80miles before the off.
But we can safely say they performed brilliantly!
No issues at all!
Arriving at the hotel on Wednesday tired and worn out from silly driving roads.
1442229983911.jpg

We parked up in the corner away from other cars to try and prevent car park dings.
Checked into the Premier Inn and got changed.
Chloe needed to go out and drop the rear ride height.
When we went back out I think we started a trend JAE corner this fine Glanza belonged to a lovely bloke called Nick and his partner we chatted about the upcoming weekend and showed each other our interesting ways of packing small cars.
1442230238484.jpg

Chloe finished lowering the rear and we did what everyone does after a long day... went for a beer and a meal.
Then spotted this in the car park!
1442230347684.jpg

John's R32 skyline.
Sent him a message over Facebook and he joined us for a beer! What a legend! We talked about the issues with setting up a new location and how long he and the others had been on site.
Woke up the next morning and went and had breakfast all you can eat! Take advantage of that!
Time to check on the cars and get ready for midday and the 1 mile drive we had left.
We then realised we had parked under trees and sap had spotted all over the cars!
Quickly polished them up while talking to a gent from the GTO owners club, he said he wanted a k11 as a daily so obviously we tried to convince him.
We set off for newark showground and we're some of the first in the venue... Thought we would be first micras but no!!! We saw Ed Storer a little further up and went and said hello.
Introductions over it was time to get in the showground.
John sees Eds, mine and Chloes k11s and waves us forward for a quick entry. Wrist bands on and time to find the stand... hmm harder than it looks!
Not long to wait before Joe Ralph and Iris arrive with a strange looking jap car... (Skoda) and the club HQ.
Joe tells us James had been out the night before in London... and wouldn't be here for at least 3 hours!
We made a plan and put up the tent and made our self's at home for the next few nights.
Many more arrived and the stand soon started filling up :)
1442231244827.jpg

James arrived and we put up the marquee, and got properly setup.

The Thursday night was brilliant! We all got very drunk and much mischief was had by all...
1442231604581.jpg

Max and myself bathroom selfies!
And taking this photo of Ed asleep in his car because he had no tent!
1442231664680.jpg

4am... time for bed!
Woke up the next morning and think I've caught a chill :/
Great a cold over JAE!
Try not to let it dampen me but it did show sometimes...
The rest of the weekend was great with many photos and great times.

On Saturday Kefke popped over to the micra stand with his K11 limited edition he'd driven all the way from Belgium!
1442232273193.jpg

1442232293331.jpg

1442232309621.jpg

I'll not go into so much detail but this was by far the best JAE ever!
I'll post more of the pics as soon as we have a proper JAE pic thread.

I would just like to say a huge thank you to those who voted for my myself and Millie.
Best in show and show and shine has put the icing on top of a perfect weekend.
1442232022516.jpg

You guys are awesome!

It was very nice to meet you guys. Thanks again MicraPro for the reservoir lid and the coolant fluid!
Next maintenance I'm going to change the coolant fluid, that won't harm.
Everybody of our group was mocking our little Micra, but the surprise was big when the little one attracted so much attention!
When I arrived Friday everyone wanted to go to bed, but I wasn't sleepy so I searched the Micra spot.
I had a good chat with PollyP. The day after he set-up the Micra perfectly with help from the whole crew! The Micra starts like a charm now! Thanks everyone, it was that cosy I'm even doubting to move to the Micra-spot next year...
Here are some more pics with your car, I'll post them too in the JAE topic.

IMG_8031.JPG
IMG_8032.JPG
IMG_8033.JPG
IMG_8035.JPG
IMG_8036.JPG
IMG_8037.JPG
IMG_8038.JPG

Last edited:
Reasons why I missed going to jae.. Abusing you two Berks... And moaning how my car could never be as clean as toms and my interior was never as cool as Chloe's

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I know we're cool darling ;)

Shut up Chris and come to next jae :p

We can look into retro rides though :) may debate Jap show too :) xx

I know we're cool darling ;)

Shut up Chris and come to next jae

We can look into retro rides though :) may debate Jap show too :) xx
I wanna arrange a stand for Retro. Will be mint. I think I will only be booking people who are medium-long term Msc hangabouts. Will **** the Msc name if we get there and have only two ****ing cars turn up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well... not been here in a while not really sure why...
Managed to get a sweet deal on some new seats tho!
1452934473232.jpg

Subaru wrx in really good condition too!
Tbh Millie has taken a battering over the past few weeks she's a good girl never fails to start for me no matter what the time or weather guess it wasn't a bad engine build after all.
Still need to sort the little sump leak I have.
With the amount of work I do over December if had no time to look after her even in the wash department...
1452934671744.jpg

1452934685365.jpg

1452934705834.jpg

Hope I'll get her clean over this set off she needs a damn good polish.
Took her fording the other day flood water must of been at least 3 feet deep I was actually terrified of hydrolocking her!
Idle got stuck at 2500rpm for a bit every gear change she was reving up herself...
List to get done...
Wash and wax
Clean wheels (properly)
Fit catch can
Clean engine bay
Service also due

Also while I'm here can anyone recommend a wide band o2 sensor?

Well had my birthday and as a car guy got car guy prezzies :D
Chloe treated me to...
New sports rear shocks as mine are totally ruined...
New aftermarket steering wheel to replace my 155,000 Mile haggered old one.
She also knitted me a gear knob hat as mine being billet aluminium is bloody cold after I've done a nightshift.
1453663801909.jpg

Spent today fitting my nardi still need to sort horn so no pics yet.
Finished the day by wrapping my lights and fogs in dragons eye headlight tint :)
1453663952341.jpg

Been very spoilt :)

Had a busy day today trying to make a nardi horn work... pita with no copper track to run a live through we thought it was a no go until with some wizardry 'a spade connecter' mounted up into the correct position wedged in place by the copper track from the boss passes a current constantly :) meaning a working center horn! Winner!
1453748266855.jpg

Then having the afternoon to myself plugged in the headphones and with my moog albums blasting scrubbed away the winter dirt and grime.
Liquid clay all over.
Paint restorer.
Auto glym ultra deep shine
Autobrite Cherry Glaze
Dodo juice purple haze
Auto glym glass polish
Wheel clean
Polish
Wheel seal
Tyre dressing
Interior cleaned
Went to take photos phone dead and once charged far to dark shorter days suck!

Broken something on the way to work last night... recovery truck collecting the car front suspension violently shaking and pulling the wheel out my hands to the left hand side.
Will follow with updates as no idea at night and in darkness.

Back