• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Ha533b Project: R.E.D

Recently purchased a 1999 1.3 Automatic

Been looking around the site for some inspiration, but havnt blogged anything yet. Have a few ideas in my head but nothing too over the top, just want something that looks nice. So far ive just colour coded bumpers, painted grill black, ive taken side strips off but the colour is different so im going to put them back on at a later stage after colour coding them. Also fitted some rear parking sensors.

Plans for car:
window tints
almera 15' alloys (painted gloss white with hammerite)
front splitter.............maybe laguna or espace
rear splitter..............maybe polo
side skirts.................maybe rover 400 or mite try and diy some

I dont think I will be lowering the car because I usually have family in the back and it seems to drop really low, I think 15's with the right tyres will close the gap.......what do you think?

Maybe someone could advise on a set up for me e.g stiffer springs, tyre size????

Ive put some led strip and a pair of drl's in the boot to brighten it up....will get pics up later....maybe a night shot.

wont that be worse because of the bigger alloys and lowered aswell??????

how much of a gap will the almera gti alloys have without lowering, they have 195/55/15,

does anybody have any pics of their car with those tyres without lowering

thanks

has anybody got bumstrips like this that they would to sell

i just need the drivers side rear door bumstrip, it fell off driving down the motorway.........lol
url]

i have 195/45/15 on front and 195/50/15 on back the sometimes scrub but only with full car! lowering tomorrow so ill let you know!

back again.........

have not updated in a little while.........trying to save some cash.

i have lowered the car by 35/40mm springs from fk automotive............................cannot believe how good it handles

to me it seems to be slightly higher at the front end, the back is lower, im sure its suppose to sit lower at the front due to the engine weight.......has anybody experienced this before???

i have made sure the springs were installed correctly and the right way round.

how long do the springs take to settle........i had them fitted last thursday.

maybe it just looks like that because the rear wheel is further back, im waiting for 195/45/15 tyres to arrive, going to have them fitted to almera gti alloys.

will get pics up after alloys have been fitted.

please any help/advice on this would be appreciated.

back again.........

have not updated in a little while.........trying to save some cash.

i have lowered the car by 35/40mm springs from fk automotive............................cannot believe how good it handles

to me it seems to be slightly higher at the front end, the back is lower, im sure its suppose to sit lower at the front due to the engine weight.......has anybody experienced this before???

i have made sure the springs were installed correctly and the right way round.

how long do the springs take to settle........i had them fitted last thursday.

maybe it just looks like that because the rear wheel is further back, im waiting for 195/45/15 tyres to arrive, going to have them fitted to almera gti alloys.

will get pics up after alloys have been fitted.

please any help/advice on this would be appreciated.
For settling mate mine have been on nearly a year and I still think its getting lower everytime I look at it... somedays it looks like a 4x4 and some days its quite satisfying... going lower soon tho :)

Back