• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project "Charlie"

Status
Not open for further replies.
seen worse but off the car rather that still on.... she drives approx 50 miles to and from work but i have no idea how long they've like that

It looks really uneven as well fwn. But yeah, I have seen worse as well, but normally taken off the car by then

the unevenness is due to camber, which i'll have to sort before the mot (for the tyres sake more than anything)

GAUGING INTEREST ONLY

i may be selling off the complete interior except dash and dials also the coilover setup (with standard suspension as part swap)

a massive thank you to frank who had these for me
269.jpg

and the RRG was a really good day out glad i made it even if i was in probably the newest car there lol, my pics can be found here RRG 2011 which i'll keep updating until i've got all my pics on :grinning:

I'm looking for the tread/ guide for removing the carbon canister but for some reason I can't find it fwn

I don't think there is one karl. Just posts dotted about in threads and blogs. The only two pipes you've got to watch out for are the ones coming off the throttle body iirc, some seal them, I joined them together, not much can go wrong removing it I don't think.

Well to much too soon my back was not ready for working on the car

On the plus side it's only 1 cv gaiter that needs replacing and the "hole" isn't fully formed yet so I've caught that early, but I'm going to have to get the garage to do all the work cause of my back grr

Right so mot Thursday just need to swap wheels around cause of odd sizes :doh:

Gunna take a few things off the almera eg airbox, throttle body and injectors

That's cause they're just like a good woman loves it rough and is happiest when they're going down :grinning:

well not much happened today other than syphoning half a tank out of the almera and putting it in the micra

attempted to do the panhard but the bloody bolts have seized on there well and good so i'll need an air gun to get them off.... which i don't have :down: so i'm going to ask the garage that's doing my mot to do it for me

feels like the rear drums need adjusting and the fronts need running in again, which i really can't be bothered to do but have to...... i'll do it tomorrow though cause it's my nephews birthday today

oh and i need to zip tie the plastic splash tray back up cause for some reason it's hanging loose, remove the foam sticky strip from where i removed the last of the bump strips and make sure everything else is filled (fluid wise) and nice and tight

well she's at the mot station now, just waiting on the phone call to say that she's failed :down:, the muppets that were meant to collecting the almera were a no show grr so got someone else coming tomorrow they'd better turn up otherwise I won't be happy

i would but i know she's failed, o/s/f outter gaiter perished
o/s/r hole in outter sill

plus what i've missed

on a plus side or at least i think it is, got a quote for shotblasting and powder coating of the compo's £150 or £160 depending on which one is closest to me

Cross Member

Drivers Side
6080313356_d874564b79.jpg

Passenger Side
6080312984_d6b75f6214.jpg

6079775285_6919dc6ffd.jpg

Drivers Side Sill
6079810839_1cb6cd3f37.jpg

6080345838_0875c51ab2.jpg

And drivers side outer gaiter, couldn't get a pic cause it was pitch black and my phone couldn't pick it out

once i get her back i'll be spraying chain lube in the sills, really don't want the other side to go

looks worse in the pics than it actually is, guy at the garage over quoted me £150 to sort it, i know that's expensive but it is over quoted and it is for everything

it was only cause all my bills are coming out over the next two weeks and i have 2 cars to put through their mots

£150 doesn't sound too bad karl. sills dont look too bad either. at least it gets it on the road (Y) they must have bad water traps in the cross members they always seem to rot there.

Yeah they are but it's my fault I should of taken preventative measures when I got her, though it's not bad 17 years and now she looses her welding virginity :laugh:

Well she's got a fresh ticket for another year :) and I'll have her back officially next friday :grinning:

Took a pleasant drive down to exeter services to meet up with mr silvia14 so I could pay for and collect this

5193481e-19c9-2b61.jpg

Going to be removing all the unnecessary bits off it and fitting my nismo spoiler to it :grinning: although I'm undecided whether to paint it or not

Finally gave welding a go, I don't think I did to badly lol
5ce82b0e-8929-024a.jpg

Blew a couple of holes but it is thin metal and I'm definitely going to need a self darkening mask

remove key hole and wiper hole and badge for the best look :p

Not that im biased or anything lol

Badge is gone for good, key hole and wiper arm are staying cause I use both

Going to mod the wiper motor to sit horizontal so it looks cleaner

Just need to mark up where the nismo spoilers going to bolt on and where the brake light wire will go through

don't you have a lever inside the car for the boot?
if anything removing the key hole is actually a security feature... :p

Thinking about it yeah why not

Could you photoshop your boot white with a nismo spoiler
just look at mckenziecz's new march... i'll even photoshop the lock off for ya! lol
wait right there i'll load up the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back