• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project "Charlie"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick... Before and After Removed badges lock wiper... even though you might keep your wiper... :blush:

20110810_004-2.jpg
20110810_004-2Shop.jpg

I'm a lean mean welding machine lol... This little buzz box is brilliant really easy to use shame I haven't got much in the way of scrap metal :down:

so you've finally got to try it out mate. have you tried thin stuff with it yet? if you go to an engineering firm they may have some off cuts for next to nothing mate be good to practice with.

Practicing on some 1mm maybe 2mm sheet metal I had laying around, I'm thinking of cutting up my brothers bike he doesn't use and use that as well

Well the boots not finished yet, had loads of other things to sort/do first but hopefully within the next 2/3 weeks it'll be smoothed completely and painted (Y)

Spoke to Ed at the weekend about mapping and I have some money to save, should see some nice power once done :grinning:

Hey Karl, a you know most turbo micras now have a SR20 MAF fitted but you have the GA15 TB so is that ok for turbo and no need for SR20?

Pepper

honestly no idea i'm not going turbo anymore, but i'd assume it'd be all right for a low boost setup

not really much to update on... still refurbing the wheels (damn paint is taking ages to get off), not started finishing the march boot (cause of the bloody wheels)

some good news though, should have her back 9th of december (Y)

Yeah definitely getting her back my sister needs a bigger car for her ####, sorry kit so we're going with the original plan of she'll get the Mazda and I get Charlie

Just spent half hour on one of the wheels, I reckon another year or so and it should be done..... Only 3 more afterwards :down:

I'll put up a pic later if it arrives today.... note for anyone sending parcels NEVER use ####y link

Port spacing
522e2397-b6d3-69d0.jpg

Doesn't look to far off.....
522e2397-b6ee-1ac1.jpg

Yeah that's what I thought, but it doesn't matter cause I need to offset them anyway

Finally got her back :grinning:, she needs a service and the clutch adjusting but that's irrelevant at the moment

OMG I forgot what it was like to drive this car :laugh: :laugh:

Going to have to install pas my tiny arms can no longer take it lol suppose its my own fault for having cars with it

Also need a different gearbox cause 4th and 5th are sooooo long it's unbelievable but I don't want to swap to the 1.0 box.

Other than that going to give her some tlc over the weekend, oh whilst I think of it what are people's experiences with the cheap eBay service kits (the £20 ones)?

So are the TBs are on and working then?:eek: Result?

PAS on Micra's not that effective imo, mine just whines like a supercharger after accelerating around corners without the go:wasntme:

Carbs aren't on yet still need to find someone to ally weld for me at a reasonable price

The pas is more for the parking side of driving, having to parallel park is starting to get a little tiresome

So I may have found someone to weld my mani, but I couldn't go see them today cause they were shutting up shop ten minutes after I rang them and it's a 20 minute drive, so that'll be something to do next friday.

Was going to clean the carbs but I've misplaced my maul grips so that's not going to happen any time soon :down:

Still haven't managed to get the dipstick to budge but I put in about a litre and half of oil just incase

Got an odd noise coming from the engine sounds like a bearing has gone (I'll post a vid up in a bit)

PAS will be a job for next year, once I've sorted a high comp engine :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back