• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project "Charlie"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I've owned the car for a couple of months, and what a busy couple of months they've been first off, here's pics of the car...

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/40288-Another-one-in-the-club?highlight=

these were taken a couple of days after picking her up, after about a month of her being standard some thing had to be done.... low and behold the nice guys at Peter Lloyd rallying use the courier company I work for to send their parcels (Y)

If it wasn't for me being nosey many wouldn't know of this bargain sorry it's been annoying me for a while, so here's the exhaust...

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/40386-Exhaust?highlight=

So after having the cat back system on for a couple of weeks the wizard himself magic'd me up a Frankenspeed manifold :grinning:

So, so far the performance mods have been my free flowing exhaust, upper front strut brace no point shouting about this and a little airflow secret I'll share when the time comes.

Waiting to be done
100nx brakes
front and rear 22mm arbs (when they turn up)
NISMO spoiler (Y):laugh:(Y)
MARCH number plate nipples (once I've got my import size plates)
Fit lightened flywheel
Plus much, much more

i would like to thank shero for the new toe eye cover, white goes surprisingly well with the green

i would like to thank shero for the new toe eye cover, white goes surprisingly well with the green

OI!! Shero you cheeky feecker! That was the toe eye cover for my White super s bumpers I bought from you!! Enjoy it karlj :(

OI!! Shero you cheeky feecker! That was the toe eye cover for my White super s bumpers I bought from you!! Enjoy it karlj :(

oops put my foot in it the lol...

anyway that was a mission set out to day to fit alloys, new fog bulbs and short shifter...
new bulbs fitted this morning, the tyres on the alloys need replacing so that was a fail and that ruddy short shifter 2 ruddy hours but on the plus side its in and my back box now sits straight

no pics sorry i was on my lonesome when doing it and it's my raceworx k11 short shifter i bought off a guy called sammiboi (off here) about a year and half ago

Hopefully after crimbo I'm going for a remap then I'll tell all :).... Shaun could you Photoshop mine de colour coded

Hopefully after crimbo I'm going for a remap then I'll tell all :).... Shaun could you Photoshop mine de colour coded
Black bumpers etc.?
why would you want to do this? lol
get a decent enough photo and i will do it for you. post it on this thread.
Also is there any particular reason you believe you are the first?
bearing in mind the K11 has been around since 1992.

was thinking black bumpers, grill and bonnet (i'll get a decent pic tomorrow morning)... as for my little secret, the reason i think i'm the first is simple, been searching and people have only talked about it the only guys that have done it are on cisco's i don't mind if i wrong would be nice if i was though

Picture bud? and a little spec of what you want exactly i have nothing else better to do in the mornings after work.
it maybe sketchy but you'll get the idea.

shaun could you do flat black bumpers, open mouth grill, bonnet and wing mirrors also could you drop it as well... could you do the weave of the wheels pink and the rim polished? (just wanna know what they'd look like)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    601.9 KB · Views: 418
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 421
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    830.4 KB · Views: 443
Well it's about time I sorted my front brakes, but before I put them on I want to paint them, what's the best way to clean the calipers?

thanks a million Shaun I've got something to aim for visually now, loving the shade of pink (Y) you can delete them now I've saved them

a little present arrived today, hopefully the weather is bearable at the weekend so they can be fitted...
003-2.jpg

22mm both ends (Y)

and Shaun's photoshops
005.jpg

lowered
003-3.jpg

de-colour coded
002.jpg

pink jdm goodness

using the photoshops Shaun did for me i had a little play on paint.....
0051.jpg

opinions gratefully appreciated (Y)

I'm a little lost as to why you would want to de colour code the bits people want colour coded??

The super s and sr look better IMO as they are 90% colour coded bar rear handle and Door handles

Loving the the wheel idea pure jdm tac :)

Do the bonnet not the bumpers plleeeeeeaaaassseee ?

What's the airflow mod? Spill the beans man ;)

I'm a little lost as to why you would want to de colour code the bits people want colour coded??

The super s and sr look better IMO as they are 90% colour coded bar rear handle and Door handles

Loving the the wheel idea pure jdm tac :)

Do the bonnet not the bumpers plleeeeeeaaaassseee ?

What's the airflow mod? Spill the beans man ;)

It's for that reason I want to de colour code, the bonnet if a definite yes

Wheels don't look like tac do they?

And I'll spill the beans later (when I'm at home)

ok it's time to spill the beans and yes it will be an anti-climax...
016-1.jpg

it a GA15 throttle body, same benefits as a GA16 with one exception absolutely nothing needs modifying to make it fit (Y) just bolt on (Y)

ok i'm at a loss of what to do next...
new injectors.... on way
big brakes.... getting cleaned
lower.... waiting for springs then i'll get new shocks

going to fit arbs tomorrow if the weathers nice (ish)

argh moneys burning a hole in my wallet

Ahh balls there goes my plan.... far to much snow and it's cold oh well back to cleaning the brake calipers for me.... fun

had to go christmas shopping but a slight problem...
where's my car...
001.jpg

shopping done i thought i'd get on with cleaning my calipers
before...
002-1.jpg

after...
003-4.jpg

then hang on what the hell..... looks like the rubber has had it grr...
006-1.jpg

what do you guys reckon do i need a new caliper?

Hi mate... whats the benifit of the t a GA15 throttle body you put on??

how much does it cost and where can i get one?

if you got your brakes of.... maybe its a good excuse/time to upgrade?

STEALTH

Hi mate... whats the benifit of the t a GA15 throttle body you put on??

how much does it cost and where can i get one?

if you got your brakes of.... maybe its a good excuse/time to upgrade?

STEALTH
the benefit of the ga15 is it's a direct fit whereas the ga16 needs a little modification... cost far to much tbh... not telling :p

the brakes are the upgrade lol

no, just a rebuild kit off ebay
cheers pollyp.. don't remember seeing any though

does the 100nx and almera share the same brake calipers... cause i couldn't find a repair kit for 100nx but i did for the almera

WHAT THE DIFFENCE BETWeen the standard and the ga15 and ga16?

what gains will you get.....

i think its about time i need to get my car tuned up and a bit more nippy?

i was looking at a the fueling system to begin..... fuel pump? injectors? and throttle body if need be?

what do you reccomend?

does the 100nx and almera share the same brake calipers... cause i couldn't find a repair kit for 100nx but i did for the almera

i saw an ebayer selling almera gti discs/pads calipers.... apperntly they all fit direct onto micra... those were off an n15 gti

there not listed now so would have to be verified??

depends on what you want from your car as to what you should do, think about it then decide

differences in the throttle bodies is the inner dimensions the cg is 40mm (i think) and the ga15/16 is 50mm also there are differences with the MAF (but i dont know what they are)

i saw an ebayer selling almera gti discs/pads calipers.... apperntly they all fit direct onto micra... those were off an n15 gti

there not listed now so would have to be verified??

yeah they do but you need to shave the disc by about 3mm and put on a couple of washers to space the caliper mounts

how do i put up my cars pic on my profile??

your right i need to work out what i want from my car..... but 1 things for sure ive found the right site with the right people to get things going in the correct direction?

ive already done exterior work to my car but i need to get it running better.

differences in the throttle bodies is the inner dimensions the cg is 40mm (i think) and the ga15/16 is 50mm also there are differences with the MAF (but i dont know what they are)

the CG,s are 45mm eh karl, so your GA 15 one is over 20% bigger iirc :cool: and is it the only one in the country ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back