new NA project started

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
bosch 044 inline pump mounted with surge tank....

Attachments

• 77983.jpg
    77983.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 37

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Nice job!! There's something about Aeroquip style fittings, braided lines and aluminium fabrication that looks so darn good ;)

We're waiting on a set of CP pistons and billet cams here before we can complete the engine, (couldn't get the profile we wanted out of a Nissan OEM cast blank dammit!).

SSUK WROTE:

"Nice job!! There's something about Aeroquip style fittings, braided lines and aluminium fabrication that looks so darn good ;)

agreed! actually had a dream the other nite about koverts silver car. all i could remember was seam welding and heaps of alloy lol.

re: brake setup, lines will be tee'd off into the ap cylinder and run an inline wilwood bias controller on the line to the rear via the cabin mounted nice and handy to allow for on the fly adjustments to the braking.

this project is getting retarded, from what was initially put in an engine to spending mass dollars. hopefully it'll all be over soon and we can move onto bigger and better things. sigh

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
+1 for retarded...lmao...
think what is different about this build compared to others happening @ the moment (SSUK excluded) is at least TMRS & i have a plan... other builds i'm thinking of remind me of the simpsons when moe renovates the bar and turns it into Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag - with the "whole bunch of crazy crap on the wall" - am glad to say that we're doing more than simply seeing how much **** from yahoo japan or other wank-factor parts we can squeeze into a k11 micra....end rant

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Totally! I know exactly what you mean, the typical cycle on the UK forums is to buy a load of stuff, run out of money, sell it on again and watch things repeat themselves. VERY few seem to have any concept of a plan or overall objective. Some parts have probably seen half a dozen owners and never been part of a completed project.

Even we had to make some changes and we did end up shooting a little higher than we initially thought but the end result should be well worth it. Once it's had it's initial mapping and shakedowns we can get to some bling I'm sure ;)

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

this project is getting retarded, from what was initially put in an engine to spending mass dollars. hopefully it'll all be over soon and we can move onto bigger and better things. sigh

I know the feeling, unfortunatly if im anything to go by mines been "finished" for a few years now and i dont think a couple of months have gone by without some kind of engine etc tweaking going on (some bigger than others).

I've recently started buggering with the intake side again, sometimes wish someone would slap my hand away as i reach for the tools lol.

Projects looking sweet though and 100% agree to needing a plan.

The only way to keep sane and on track imo is check list after check list. If you ain't ticking stuff off you're doing it wrong. :)

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
so for anyone considering getting jenvey throttle bodies - DON'T! - unless ur up for a major head**** if u want it done properly... first issue u will encounter is the throttle linkage requires modification so it doesn't foul on the manifold:

Attachments

• 79397.jpg
    79397.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 53

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
#3 - custom bolts are required to bolt the manifold to the block..
but if u are insane enough to persist, deal with all the **** that the process throws at you along the way, u'll end up with some pimp looking **** like this:

Attachments

• 79399.jpg
    79399.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 40

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
TMRS deserves massive props on this one... the amount of grief that this thing has caused is unbelievable!?!
in regards as to the question is it running: quote "All needs doin now is remote fuel reg, **** was in the way where it was. Wiring, and brake lines/bias controller. Everything else is bolted on, brake pedal+ master is finished, master pushrod is cut welded, tapped and adjusted." end quote... lol

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"sr20micramike WROTE:

"Has this really taken almost 2 years?............yawn!!

"</div>

Thats about 3 years less than you,ve been on here mike, and we,ve yet to see any of your "work" ;)

ok frank, i typed a whole page explaining why you havent seen any of my work but i cant be bothered, i dont need to prove myself here or on the track! i am known for my engine conversions , thats it really.

**** has taken forever, but the setup has changed endlessly, with new/more parts being added constantly, that and when wrong parts get ordered, or you order parts that turn up and are complete rubbish that I refuse to use take time to rectify. Take the rear control arms for instance, one part on the car that has come together from america, germany and some home grown cad/cnc work, took almost a month and a half to get the jenvey's, and when they turned up... Nothing fit. Between all that, running a business, and 5 other race cars I maintain, probably
Doing alright :)

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"Jesus, that's keen. I would have been stoked to get a 100

Our last run was 93kW @ 7250rpm on a bone stock CG13DE running 264deg cams, exhaust and Jenveys.....

On the subject of Jenveys, those new style units seem like quite a bodge with all the fiddling you had to do. If you look further up in the thread you can see the differences from the original kit that dates back to the mid 90's and the current one. For the money, I would expect it to rubby well bolt on!

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
SSUK WROTE:
For the money, I would expect it to rubby well bolt on!
+1! exactly the conversion that TMRS and myself had...we were gobsmacked that something so costly, that was apparently designed for the cg13, required so much dicking around and modification to fit..not good enough really..Jenvey sales pointing out to me that they don't make many kits for the cg13 and aren't used to making something so small doesn't excuse them in my book!

SSUK WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"Jesus, that's keen. I would have been stoked to get a 100"</div>

Our last run was 93kW @ 7250rpm on a bone stock CG13DE running 264deg cams, exhaust and Jenveys.....

On the subject of Jenveys, those new style units seem like quite a bodge with all the fiddling you had to do. If you look further up in the thread you can see the differences from the original kit that dates back to the mid 90's and the current one. For the money, I would expect it to rubby well bolt on!

not really much different to this engine, slightly higher comp and some monkey china man porting about the only differences, cant see how some porting and a fly **** more compression is going to make 20kw, thats a massive ask for a 1.3l, 93kw is an amazing effort in itself, considering a stock one with extractors and 256' cams made 60kw in my old blue thing. means i would have gained 30kw by bolting on some jenveys. thats like adding 7psi boost lol. didn't old mate in perth i forget his name now, that red micra, big n/a build, jenveys, motec forged pistons etc make something like 95kw? i could be very wrong, but if this thing hits 100kw i'll be quietly suprised

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Yeah, the QC on that Jenvey kit is non-existent for sure and piss poor in my opinion. I don't know why they changed it from the 'kit' I have. We still had to make the throttle linkage but that was quite simple in comparison to all the fiddling you have clearly had to do. Zero excuse....period!

Headwork on the CG engines is usually met with some disappointment, as most are not pushing the engines enough to warrant it. One really has to be pushing some decent rpm to make any porting worth while. EBB proved that with his 'Maxi EVO' head. It made no more power/torque than an essentially identical car here in the UK even though it had been ported with larger valves, a flowed inlet manifold and all the other stuff he added. Granted, it was coupled in with all the other mods, so it cannot be singled out, however there was nothing there which stood it out from anything done previously.

Whatever the output, it's a killer built car and deserves kudos just for sticking with it and making it all fit together and work. Our engine has been a long time in the making and will just about be a year by the time the head is bolted on and it's ready to collect, (some of us must be bloody mad!) ;)

SSUK WROTE:

"Yeah, the QC on that Jenvey kit is non-existent for sure and piss poor in my opinion. I don't know why they changed it from the 'kit' I have. We still had to make the throttle linkage but that was quite simple in comparison to all the fiddling you have clearly had to do. Zero excuse....period!

Headwork on the CG engines is usually met with some disappointment, as most are not pushing the engines enough to warrant it. One really has to be pushing some decent rpm to make any porting worth while. EBB proved that with his 'Maxi EVO' head. It made no more power/torque than an essentially identical car here in the UK even though it had been ported with larger valves, a flowed inlet manifold and all the other stuff he added. Granted, it was coupled in with all the other mods, so it cannot be singled out, however there was nothing there which stood it out from anything done previously.

Whatever the output, it's a killer built car and deserves kudos just for sticking with it and making it all fit together and work. Our engine has been a long time in the making and will just about be a year by the time the head is bolted on and it's ready to collect, (some of us must be bloody mad!) ;)

sometimes the best things are the ones that arent rushed. definately agree with you on porting/bigger valves doing sweet eff all though,unless pushing massive boost.i have dyno'd many different sorts of cars, and the claims that some engine builders put on headwork is just utter crap, i blame magazines for most peoples misguided ideas about how much what sort of mods will make. the amount of times i read that adjusting cam timing a degree made an extra 20-30kw i just laugh. , yeh it makes some gains/losses, but i normally experience, like 5kw, absolute max.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
What sort of wiring set up is need to run Individual Coils? Can you run the standard ECU or is A/Market essential?

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Thought I'd bump this up for a progress update. How's it going guys?

We're just waiting on custom guides and spring retainers before the engine build can actually be completed. Custom takes soooo much time!

Would love some info on the RG JTC N1, if you don't mind.
Are the 7 stage units 'ZN018FP' part number and by 7 stage, is that code for 7 damper settings? Not really much info kicking about on these. Also how do they fair performance wise compared to others you've tried?

Back