PROJECT DAILY ****BOX

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
i'm not a huge fan of engine swaps.. not to say that it's a **** idea, because if it's done properly, then the results can be awesome - i think TMRS's is a prime example of that: https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/65300 - but i think the old cg13 is underrated and there is loads of potential if ur willing to put the resources into it... that's just my personal opinion - i'm sure there are plenty who'd disagree

CMF_jcmicra

» CMF Member
im on the same boat as u kovert, i had the choice/money to convert to sr20 or turbo the cg13, and went with turboing it. i reckon chucking another motor on it feels wrong...havent got my car back yet but im freakin excited to drive a forced micra :D

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
glad u agree jc =)
just some info for anyone who tracks down this HKS kit and intends to bolt it straight on: the pipe from the throttle body to the turbo requires some slight modification - my guess is that the Z10 cube's t/b sits lower that the k11's, so u'll need to shave a bit off the t/b end of the pipe so that the bonnet will close properly; and secondly, forget the piece of **** "dump pipe" - i've got no idea what the evil geniuses @ HKS were thinking with that one... the only decent part of the pipe is the flange

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
stage one turbo conversion done... is a brilliant setup - and the little turbo means it comes on boost nice and quick! boost is currently set @ 6psi - starts to lean out after 5500RPM, but that will be taken care of when the second part of the setup is done.. credit goes to steve and the boys @ katoomba brake & clutch (02 4782 2397) for taking care of the ****box for me - anyone in the penrith/blue mountains area that is after someone to take care of mods/tuning, go and see steve.. you know he's a decent bloke coz he drives a cube.. lol... enjoy!

Attachments

• 70730.jpg
    70730.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 40

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
Tony WROTE:

"Looks the goods one again mate! Not tmrs laboured love??
nah tony, TMRS luv goin' to the NA car, then the serious turbo car - none too convenient 2 have the daily in QLD either 'eh.. lol...

LowMicra WROTE:

"I've noticed a few people are using top mounted turbos, what's the difference between hi mount and low mount? Nothing?

Looks good mate
cheers... dunno if there's any difference/advantage as far as top mount vs. low mount turbo goes.. ease of access perhaps?.. and thankfully jc has shown that i bigger turbo will fit with some persuasion, because the idea is to bolt a hks gt-ss to it in the near future

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
What you running for management wise? Just standard? I got the same parts as you so I'll end up with the same kinda setup :)

You having any issues with your MAF under pressure?

Pepper

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
Pepper, still using factory ecu mate... fuel pressure regulator is a must though... also upgraded the fuel pump to a walbro 550bhp.. we used a wideband o2 sensor to get air/fuel ratios right.. seems that the stock injectors are the weak point of the setup - hence why the boost was changed from 7psi that it was initially set at to 6.. was leaning out pretty significantly... still need to be careful to not get the revs above 5500 too often though or things won't last too long!

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
Have you considered using GA16 injectors? I was thinking I could leave the fuel pump alone, upping the pressure with GA16s? The last Turbo
I bought running had Walbro pump, GA16 and upped pressure however was then running too rich. So I was gonna back off the fuel pump as from reading on the forums it was the same as the SR20 pump?

How did you tune the car on a standard ECU? I was gonna use Nistune I think for more than 7psi but on my first setup I plan to only run 5psi.

THanks for the info btw :)

Pepper

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
Pepper... ecu wasn't tuned mate - we basically just used fuel pressure regulation to get a decent air/fuel ratio... thus far, it has worked out nicely with the setup as it is... i certainly don't consider this hks kit to be "bolt-on", as i'd no way consider running it without a fuel pump upgrade and FPR.. just waiting on sr20 fuel rail mod to be done so that the second stage of the conversion can commence.. having said that, this turbo is a fun setup to run without taking it to the "next level", but u definitely want fuel pump/reg and GA15/16 injectors

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
kovert.k11 WROTE:

"Pepper... ecu wasn't tuned mate - we basically just used fuel pressure regulation to get a decent air/fuel ratio... thus far, it has worked out nicely with the setup as it is... i certainly don't consider this hks kit to be "bolt-on", as i'd no way consider running it without a fuel pump upgrade and FPR.. just waiting on sr20 fuel rail mod to be done so that the second stage of the conversion can commence.. having said that, this turbo is a fun setup to run without taking it to the "next level", but u definitely want fuel pump/reg and GA15/16 injectors

Thanks Kovert. The turbo you have on your setup is a T2 T25 or T28 equivilant? And the new HKS GT SS one will be again T25 or T28?

I'll be starting a thread soon on here about my car and it's build... well plans of a build. I plan to acquire all the parts and build it quickly when i'm ready too :)

Thanks Pepper

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Is your turbo being oil feed?
If so, what part of the engine are you having it feed from?
I have read that people have been using a high pressure source from the left side of the head?

any other mods of just wheels and turbo?

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
as mentioned in the EIO thread, i've decided to go in a different direction with the daily ****box project.. got this for myself as a xmas gift (i'd been a good boy) lmfao... preliminary plans: N1 cams, valve springs and titanium retainers, boosted...

Attachments

• 73493.jpg
    73493.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 36

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
that's the million dollar question rite there bro! ETA on engine is 12/02... then the major **** around of custom engine mounts, drive shafts, etc, etc... tried to contact autobahn speedworks in taiwan 2 suss out conversion parts since they have done plenty, but still waiting on a reply - would save ****loads of hassle if that stuff was readily available in a kit or some ****!?! found a N15 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R cross member on yahoo to modify for this too

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
How did u manage to get the sr16ve? been looking for one for quite a while .. did u get the gearbox and everything to go with it? Keep us posted on how it went with the kit in taiwan maybe ill be interest in one too.
cheers

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"How did u manage to get the sr16ve? been looking for one for quite a while .. did u get the gearbox and everything to go with it? Keep us posted on how it went with the kit in taiwan maybe ill be interest in one too.

cheers
eBay champ... importing from canada.. deal is:
Complete Block And Head (35-40k miles on it)
5 Speed Manual Transmission
Engine Wiring Harness
Engine Control Unit (ECU)
Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold
Fuel Rail
Injectors
Coils
Cam Angle Sensor
Throttle Body
Starter
Clutch Assembly
Alternator
Power Steering Pump

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
kovert.k11 WROTE:

"Mimz WROTE:<BR><BR>"How did u manage to get the sr16ve? been looking for one for quite a while .. did u get the gearbox and everything to go with it? Keep us posted on how it went with the kit in taiwan maybe ill be interest in one too.<BR><BR>cheers"</DIV><BR>eBay champ... importing from canada.. deal is:<BR>Complete Block And Head (35-40k miles on it)<BR>5 Speed Manual Transmission<BR>Engine Wiring Harness<BR>Engine Control Unit (ECU)<BR>Intake Manifold<BR>Exhaust Manifold<BR>Fuel Rail<BR>Injectors<BR>Coils<BR>Cam Angle Sensor<BR>Throttle Body<BR>Starter<BR>Clutch Assembly<BR>Alternator<BR>Power Steering Pump<BR>

Yeah i saw one on ebay too from canada..guess its the same one. It didnt come with MAP/MAF sensor. So you planning to run local sr20 maf sensor? Also leaving the cost of the engine aside could you tell me approx. how much did the shipping and tax form canada cost ya.
Cheers

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"this thing landed yet?

turbo kit for sale?

I've have asked him about the turbo kit via email when I brought the intercooler off him but he ignored the question I think?

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
No worries here kovert, I take your approach these days and just bag my stuff directly from Japan. Even though the exchange rates suck it's still the best way ;)

As always, I will be watching progress, your builds are always top spec & quality!

How's things progressing with the high rpm CG13 build?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
kovert.k11 WROTE:

"Pepper, still using factory ecu mate... fuel pressure regulator is a must though... also upgraded the fuel pump to a walbro 550bhp.. we used a wideband o2 sensor to get air/fuel ratios right.. seems that the stock injectors are the weak point of the setup - hence why the boost was changed from 7psi that it was initially set at to 6.. was leaning out pretty significantly... still need to be careful to not get the revs above 5500 too often though or things won't last too long!

Thread recovery haha, so i see all you have done to reach 6psi is, FPR, Wide-band o2 sensor and an upgraded fuel pump?

a thing i noticed that is different to your turbo compared to mine is i don't have a hose to i can run a boost t?

Back