new NA project started

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
with the forged engine for the forced micra in the process of being built, tmrs and i have commenced another project - this time a naturally aspirated weapon..
thus far, this is what's already in/on, and what bits have been amassed for the job...
installed/done:
TEIN Sports Spec Driving Master Type HA Coilovers
Aspect extractors
Custom 2" Mandrel bend exhaust with Kustom Bitz Performance Weaponry High Flow Race Cats Catalytic Converter and Roxy Semi Titanium Muffler
Whiteline Front & Rear Swaybars, Panhard Rod, Drop Links, Castor Kit & Camber Bolts
JIC Lower Control Arm Brace
Sard FPR
Greddy Oil Catch Can
Volk GR-N 15X6.5" rims (powdercoated black) with Advan 195/50 Semi Slicks
15mm Billet spacers on the front
Recaro Evo 8 seats on Bride rails
JDM Tail Lights and Depo Blk Headlights/Clear indicators (will be swapped for smoked)
Rear wiper removed
ABS & A/C removed
Front and rear guards rolled and flared
Windows tinted sexily

Here's what's to go in...
Hi-comp Japanese built CG13 (revs to 9000rpm) - CG10 pistons, bore/hone, port polish, head skimmed with JUN titanium valve retainers, Nismo valve springs, Nismo metal head gasket, Aspect camshafts (in. 256, ex. 264), Mulholland Adjustable Cam Gears
RS5F31V K10 SuperTurbo Gearbox with Nismo RS5F31V shafts
Keihin FCR39 Carb Kit
Nismo Clutch
JUN 3.6kg flywheel
Autronic SMC & 500R with ignition sensor setup and coils
Mulholland radiator, thermostat and lightweight water pump pulley
Billion Silicone hoses
Trust S13 Oil Cooler Kit (full JDM yo! - haha)
Humphris Rear Adjustable Trailing Arms
Front Tensioners
B-Crews Engine Brace
Power Steer
Cusco Safety21 6-point cage
Complete Nismo bush set
Gti-r front brakes
Defi din mount unit & sensors
C's short shifter
Odyssey battery (relocated to under passenger seat)
JDM front bar & spoiler (w/LED)+Nismo grille, front/rear lip

will continue to update on the progress as the saga unfolds
here's what she looks like presently... feedback most welcome

Attachments

• 61329.jpg
    61329.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
"Hi-comp Japanese built CG13 (revs to 9000rpm) - CG10 pistons, bore/hone, port polish, head skimmed with JUN titanium valve retainers, Nismo valve springs, Nismo metal head gasket, Aspect camshafts (in. 256, ex. 264)"

Standard rods? If so whats the CR u get?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"CR 12:1 thats 98+ octance fuel and a good tune or bye bye engine..u running quad bodies? or standard with it?

with the 260 cams the inlet is,nt closing till about 60 deg abdc, so its only "compressing" for the last 63mm of stroke really eh, so unleaded runs fine in mine

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
frank's spot on as per usual... compression ratio figures given to me by the guys in japan that built this engine was 12:1
@1300c - those aspect extractors will clear A/C by the looks of them
@mimz - will get some pics as the build progresses
@fred - true mate, but you know it's worth the effort
@low - safety21 cage from japan

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:
Hi-comp Japanese built CG13 (revs to 9000rpm) - CG10 pistons, bore/hone, port polish, head skimmed with JUN titanium valve retainers, Nismo valve springs, Nismo metal head gasket, Aspect camshafts (in. 256, ex. 264)

A 256/264 cam from Aspect in a motor like that seems a bit tame....

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
looks like a great project, good luck with it and keep us posted!

Sorry if its a dumb question but why do you need an aftermarket ecu if you are running carbs?

p.s. that cat converter is quite the mouthfull :)

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
Holy ****...you dont mess about with that car do you?... those parts are worth a **** load man..that jap cg13 even stock is already strong enough not to mention all that going in...dangerous dude.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
lmao@fred... i'll try and get tmrs to take some pics as the build progresses.. roll cage is going in first... and to anyone considering a safety 21 cage, i've been told that it's not the best cage, and lacks significant bracing - more of a cage for show... hopefully we can introduce some more bracing and strength into its structure

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
update time...
few dramas involving those damn QLD floods from early on this year: the warehouse where the couriers had the engine and gearbox stored was completely and totally inundated, so that was pretty ****ed... just meant that both the engine and gearbox had to be disassembled and cleaned out thoroughly - but those bad boys were sorted and the fun could commence...
a few additions have been included in the parts/specs list too...
Rear interior stripped out and Cusco roll cage went in - has had side intrusion bars added to it for increased structural rigidity; also put a Miracle Bar in the back (which is an absolute bitch to install so i've been told)...
Custom power steering setup with high pressure hose & power steering returns, low pressure @ 10+16mm
Hi-comp Japanese built CG13 installed
Mulholland radiator in
Modify RS5F31V bellhousing/machine/ modify rear mount & install
Install FCR carburettor to engine, modify water pipe to suit
Modify and fit oil cooler + modify bumper, radiator support and lines to fit/machine block to clear oil cooler to block sandwich plate
Install C's Short Shifter Kit
Install Humphris Rear Adjustable Trailing Arms
Install JUN flywheel/trigger disc/clutch disc + pressure plate (heavily modified carbon clutch disc used)
Modify alternator harness/starter cable/starter solenoid/reverse switch
Autronic SMC + 500R CDI wired in and installed in custom ECU/CDI box mount
Ditched the Nardi steering wheel for something more appropriate - sexy as Key's Racing 325mm Buckskin thing.
Got some black indicators to keep the aesthetics
Have also decided to install a triple gauge pod with Defi Intake Manifold Pressure, Exhaust Temp and Tachometer
GTIR Brake calipers will get a cleanup and paint, and DBA slotted rotors and EBC Greenstuff pads used, along with Goodridge Braided lines
Got some ridiculously expensive Bluege checker floormats for that extra JDM as **** look... lmao
Just waiting on Nology ignition coils from the US and we should be nearly good to go... will be a fun ****er of a car when she's done!...will post some pix as soon as TMRS steals his folk's cam to hook me up...

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
ok... so fcr requires fuel setup to be altered to accommodate the fact that the carbs need **** all fuel pressure.. seems the dude in japan i bought the fcr kit from was using the stock efi fueling setup with bodge return to keep the fuel pressure down.. we on the other hand, are gonna do **** proper - so stock fuel pump will stay, but a surge tank will be mounted under the car... sard fpr and turbosmart gauge gone... speedflow hoses all the way for the fuel lines and engine bay. greddy oil catch can & aspect magic pipe have been ditched for something sexier - peterson dry sump catch (with more speedflow).. "hectic lookin" overflow bottle & billet fuel filter will add to the look; endless brake pads and rda slotted rotors all round ordered

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
love the engine specs, i plan on rebuilding one of my blocks, u will prob get a pm from me at a later date asking for advice, when u get this car going could u make a recording of the exhaust note for me at different rev ranges so i can put it on my stereo and play it real loud over an over in an attempt to drive the missus batty untill she gives me micra money(worked 4 my frnt bar,spoiler an taillights, just left pics all over house with "xmas wishlist" printed underneath)

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
lol@rudy - love the subtle approach mate... ok, here are a few pics of the build (kindly provided by tmrs)... and before anyone says ****, the cam cover isn't staying black - think we can all agree that it looks a tad ****house in the context of the rest of the engine bay... extractors will also be treated to some ceramic coating... enjoy!

Attachments

• 65729.jpg
    65729.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 31
Back