PROJECT DAILY ****BOX

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
as if the existing collection of micras wasn't enough, i decided recently to get a replacement for the SLX i was thrashing about in as a daily... came across this 97 S2 LX that i thought would fit the bill.. only had 99,XXX k's on her, but had a hard working life (was apparently a farm vehicle in its former life): paint work and interior not the flashest and cv joints are full farked.. of course, wasn't content to leave it stock standard, so went about giving it some upgrades.. i was obviously fukn kidding myself when i pledged that i would spend bugger all for mods, and try and use some of the parts i had floating around - but u get that! lmao.. unlike the serious projects that are taken care of so masterfully by tmrs, i'm endeavouring to do the work (wherever practical) myself..
thus far, have done the following:
replaced factory stereo with kenwood head deck, put in slx parcel tray and wired up rear speakers
chucked in a recaro sr3 drivers seat on custom low rails
installed mulholland extractors/2" mandrel bend exhaust/magnaflow stainless hi-flow cat/trust muffler
HKS pod filter
greddy oil catch can and aspect "Q magic pipe"
mystery brand rear braces
nismo front and rear swaybars/Nolathane bushes
cusco panhard rod
super s rear axle (thanks omegak11)
whiteline lower control arm brace, droplinks and caster kit
N15 1.6L brake calipers/RDA slotted rotors/TRW pads
14X6.5 +40 Watanabes with Kumho KU31 185/55 and rays duralight nuts
Next things on the agenda will be chucking the RS5F31V box and shafts in with 4.3kg Jun F/W and exedy HD clutch, and installing the PS setup (thanks again to omegak11)
Later ladies....

Attachments

• 68091.jpg
    68091.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 32

CMF_jcmicra

» CMF Member
lol u sure love your watanabes, looks pretty good imo haha
more pics of the others too! where did u get the slotted rotors and war size are they? im looking at buying them in a few weeks, i have the 1.6 brakes too

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
yeah, i'm not gonna just bolt on that kit either mate - intercooler, bov, intake & fuel delivery upgrades.. ur using an emanage yeah? i got an adaptronic e420c for management.. the rotors are good thus far jc - only been on the car a few days

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
kovert.k11 WROTE:

"RBLUV WROTE:

"gah i was guna get that lol :("</div>

really? but it's not nismo... lol

haha yeah, still tossing up whether to go turbo or not, shoulda grabbed it, ah well

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
tyrie, damage for that kit was $593 + whatever shipping will be..
mycra, ur spot on mate - luv the k11s.. selling bluey coz i have 5 micras @ the moment which even i think smacks of misguided.. lmao.. also wanted a 3 door daily.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
kovert.k11 WROTE:

"just wanted to say big thanx to Bee Boop for hooking me up with fuel rails for this project, and for cruising up to k-town to meet me... cheers champ..

tackling gearbox and p/s install tomorrow - fun fun!!!

same here... beeboop mine be a massive headache wasn't for you. thanks mate!!

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Feeling the love in this thread! :) No worries guys! Glad to see people helping each other out! If it weren't for this site i would have stepped outta my Micra long ago. (So many little hassles, but someone on here always has the knowledge to get 'em sorted.) So a BIG thank you to everyone that has gone that extra mile to assist me!!!
Hope to see your little beast at the Sydney meet mate. Any one of them will do nicely.. :)

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
RS5F31V box, exedy HD clutch and 4.3kg JUN flywheel installed without any major dramas and the daily ****box is as awesome as ever... installed nismo engine and gearbox mounts while the gearbox and power steering were going in.. also got one of these:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SENTRA-P...Accessories&hash=item3a685f6840#ht_1649wt_895
anyone looking at getting a short shifter - consider this... costs sweet **** all and the throw is so short it's insane, but brilliant for fast & aggressive shifting..
had a HKB s14 boss kit sitting around, so chucked that in with a momo steering wheel>>>>>>> teins next up
for the peeps that have asked about the mulholland extractors clearing A/C, here's a pic:

Attachments

• 69554.jpg
    69554.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 34

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
for the time being, i'm intending to run the hks bolt on kit as is - until i get serious and sort out head gasket, intercooler, piping, etc, etc... here's a pic of the turbo roughly installed after the A/C had been removed

Attachments

• 70233.jpg
    70233.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 33

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
manual boost controller is only a temporary solution 'eh... once things get serious, the intention is to use a profec b.. boost is currently set @ 5psi which is fine for now - not gonna go nuts with the boost considering that this setup won't be dynoed until stage 2 happens with bigger turbo and adaptronic management

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/61329 is the only NA project of mine Grev... i can say in all honesty that there is nothing quite like driving a forced k11 (hence why the daily ****box project turned into a turbo conversion when the HKS kit came up) - especially a turbo conversion like this https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/54978 ! but i do have a soft spot for raw, high revving NA power.. admittedly a naturally aspirated setup like the current project is expensive, and won't put out the same sort of power figures as a forced micra without substantial cash outlay, but wanted to explore the option of a high compression/FCR setup.. that, and that not many micra owners actually go down the crazy NA path when considering major modifications - not suggesting that i'm the first or only person to do it, but is something different than going turbo

Back