my long term project.

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
hey turbo, just using stock rails atm man, so pathetic! Let me know as soon as you got them for sale, what kinda coin we looking at? I was thinking of getting a pair of 2nd hand DC2 integra-R recaros.

sodaniel WROTE:

"hey turbo, just using stock rails atm man, so pathetic! Let me know as soon as you got them for sale, what kinda coin we looking at? I was thinking of getting a pair of 2nd hand DC2 integra-R recaros.

well no wonder your sitting 2 stories up then!
i had a set of dc2's in my s14.... there ****in huge seats man! and heavy! not that aftermarket seats are light, unless you get carbon ones.... whats your email address?

tony, were you interested in the whiteline strut brace?

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
just got back from turbo-march's place and his project looks very exciting......and all top quality work, very impressive... and looks pretty close to completion. He has some other toys he's working on, but I let him go on about those when they're ready......

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"sodaniel WROTE:

"hey turbo, just using stock rails atm man, so pathetic! Let me know as soon as you got them for sale, what kinda coin we looking at? I was thinking of getting a pair of 2nd hand DC2 integra-R recaros."</div>

well no wonder your sitting 2 stories up then!

i had a set of dc2's in my s14.... there ****in huge seats man! and heavy! not that aftermarket seats are light, unless you get carbon ones.... whats your email address?

tony, were you interested in the whiteline strut brace?

hey turbo, email sent

my new wheels came! and.. i think i'll be using them on the red car :( .. allthough, both my sets of wheels are going to be interchanged, the gramlights will be dedicated to this car other then that, .. absolutely no advancements on the project :(

bit of an update without any pics as yet.. been shopping. got some b-crews coilovers with swift race springs 7k front 5k rear, greddy type-r bov (****ing huge enough to stick my hand in just about :) ) and a genuine tial 38mm external wastegate :D, gonna go screamer styles!.. started mocking up a new manifold, probably gonna go for steam pipe i thinks.. ****in heavy and ugly lookin stuff but.. get it hpc'd i spose.. external gate/turbo with air con...watch me :D

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Geez Turbo - I'll keep fixing up those pics for ya so long as you promise to learn how to use a camera one day :D

Attachments

• 36623.jpg
    36623.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 34
spose its time for an update eh.
decided on the ecu setup, autronic sm4 and autronic 500r cdi

was contemplating going a motec m400 or similar, but the guy that's going to be doing the tuning sells both and said this is the best, so eh. one of those thanks :D

new ex. manifold, almost finished..went for steam pipe for its non cracking abilities, has taken a **** load of hours to make it, but the end result is well worth it, 4-1 collector is a work of art inside :p, few more welds and then have to find a spot for the tial wastegate :D... i said it could be done with a/c! and it will dammit lol, and a 3'' dump of the back of the turbo hehe.

will be hpc'd etc after finished

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
looks very nice Turbo! my brother in-law has a Autronic sm4, nice ecu has not had a problem with it. The exhaust manifold looks impressive! what whould you charge to make a manifold the same as that one? i know its hard to quote that type of job but just a rough price will do.. Thanks

sportsclassic WROTE:

"looks very nice Turbo! my brother in-law has a Autronic sm4, nice ecu has not had a problem with it. The exhaust manifold looks impressive! what whould you charge to make a manifold the same as that one? i know its hard to quote that type of job but just a rough price will do.. Thanks

not really interested in making another one at this stage unfortunetly, there's way to much time involved in getting the collector right, and for what i would want to charge, you'd be better of getting someone who makes manifolds for a living to do it for you i think... try it yourself! its not hard.. just need to think ALOT :D, and have lots of grinding wheels/ die grinding bits.. a free tip (you don't get many from me :p)... go down to your local bunnings and get a bunch of pvc bends/straight... jig up a manifold to suit you, then atleast you got an idea of how you want to run your runners etc. its alot easier to cut pvc then it is steel.. gives you a chance to try and get close to equal lengths in there too.. which is just about impossible within the micra engine bay with a/c, dunno what i'm gonna do when i go a bigger turbo :(

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
You are one crazy man! I can just see it now, we'll be having a run and you'll hit boost then wheelspin stright of the ****n road.lol
I really can't wait. Have you ordered you shute yet?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Hey Radek, any more progress done on the beast?? I have got a tdo4L turbo off a 02 wrx i was going to use. I am going to be running a low boost setup, do you think this turbo will be ok?? I have also got a vf34 which might be a bit too big for what i am going to do...

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"hey.. actually yeh.. fair bit more progress on this lil beast :p.. slowly but surely.. tdo4l will be fine.. come on boost virtually. will give you plenty of torque

Thanks for the advice ;) The td04l that i have got has only done 20,000klms so it should be good and are you running water through you turbo?? What progress have you done on it?

sportsclassic WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>"hey.. actually yeh.. fair bit more progress on this lil beast :p.. slowly but surely.. tdo4l will be fine.. come on boost virtually. will give you plenty of torque"</DIV><BR><BR>Thanks for the advice ;) The td04l that i have got has only done 20,000klms so it should be good and are you running water through you turbo?? What progress have you done on it?

yeh, water also.. seems like all td04's have done bugger all k's :p, apparently the one i had only did 3,000.. lol yeh right.. the car is basically finished now, just waiting on a few bits and pieces which should arrive next week.. then its just a matter of a bit more coin to get the rest of my computer setup.. i'll do an update next week.. (first post has been updated with current parts list)

Back