my long term project.

hi all, just thought i'd post some pics of my micra..
its a bit of a project, i do mods to it whenever i get time/money... pretty much will be no expense spared, but to a degree(update a year later: hasn't that changed! lol)... after all.. it is a micra. specs so far are as follows:

1995 lx
super s front bar
super s rear bar
colour coded everything
super s sticker on boot (yeh i know... wannabe :) )
Peace motorsports grille
whiteline anti lift kit
whiteline sway bars front and rear
custom rear strut brace
15" gram lights 57c wheels
toyo r888 semi slicks
GTIR calipers on front with rda slotted rotors
ebc green stuff pads all round
super s rear disc brake conversion rda slotted rotors also
bb ihi vf30 turbo
3'' stainless dump pipe
3'' stainless exhaust
3 1/2" titanium muffler
custom stainless intercooler piping
sard fuel reg
R33 gts-t fuel pump
custom motec fuel rail
ca18det injectors
custom sheet metal intake plenum
custom steam pipe manifold with tial 38mm wastegate
custom alluminium overflow bottle
sr20de throttle body
petterson dry sump oil catch can
custom 700x260x80mm pwr intercooler .. made to fit with super s fog lights! yay
bride brix drivers seat
2 layer tint
turbosmart e-boost
jun lightweight flywheel
greddy type R bov
hks pod filter
hand flared front guards
clear indicators
crystal headlights
nismo button clutch disk
nismo pressure plate
grex remote oil filter kit
nismo rose jointed panhard bar
Bride Brix seats
defi oil temp, water temp, oil pressure and boost gauge in custom made a/c vent mount
hpc coated ex.manifold, dump pipe, wastegate, screamer pipe, alternator housings, exhaust housing etc
autronic sm4 ecu
autronic 500r cdi
mercury cdi coils
turbosmart fuel pressure gauge
remote mounted deka dry cell battery
billion racing power steering resovoir + modified power steering lines
Bcrews racing height and damper adjustable coilovers with swift race springs, alloy tops etc
whiteline camber bolts
custom vaccum distribution block
tomei 256in/ex cams
bosch motorsport fuel filter

will have most fittings done in speedflow, everything either polished, painted or hpc coated.

most parts are on the car, just waiting to get some time to finish everything off, then.. wait n see how long it lasts with a stock motor! mmm... forged pistons, billet rods.. hehe

thanks for looking, will post up progress and pics as they happen..!

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
if you have photoshop just save them as a jpeg and you can choose the file size/quality which will bring down the file size. otherwise good old paint can scale the images down and reduce the file size. im keen to see your micra!!!

rnn14 gtir caliper alongside n14 1.6L calipers. i found the 1.6l calipers were quite ****, just to note... got them to fade a few times at high speed, but stopped well in normal lightly spirited driving. could have been due to pads but. believe they were bendix sumthing.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Hey mate,I'm sure i have seen this Micra getting around,but not for a couple of months now.
Looks very tidy and noticed you had dark coloured wheels similar to mine. Have seen you traveling along Johnson Rd early morning or around 2-3 in the afternoons.
I was in my brothers gold s2 lx but now have my Super S back on the road,Anyway will keep an eye out.

Tony

yup. this the car your jun flywheel went to!

Tony: yeh, do you own that silver coloured one? if so we saw you on johnson rd today. was in a black super s near the servo (GTRholics car)your car looks mad. ... yeh, my car been of the road for a few months now. when one of my cars goes of the road its ussually for quite a while, i go to far and one thing leads to another.. next thing i know i've spent 10grand on it and its still sitting there.. haha. i'm driving around in a white daihatsu applause atm... daily driver, give you a race next time i c u. on a race track of course :)

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Yes that was me,I've been checking on and off tonight to see if anyone posted. I had a feeling it was GTRholics one as i haven't seen a black Micra before,looked great. Sorry guys that i didn't wave but i was shocked just to see another Super S and a black one at that,I noticed it sounded good though.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I have hogged most of the parts on this site,Including carbon fibre bonnet,greenpepper front bar,crystal headlights.JDM taillights,king springs,1.6 N15 gearbox with custom driveshafts/SR20 cv's.

Other parts brought are clear indicaters,whiteline front and rear swaybars,adjustable panhard rod,16 inch wheels (similar to yours) custom button clutch small lightweight battery.

Parts to come are-full turbo kit of Evade,coilovers,antilift kit,camber bolts,bigger throttle body.

As you can see the list could go forever.

-new paint
-full engine rebuild
-new seats and harness
-more boost
-bigger brakes
-stereo
-some sort of lsd

Sorry would post some pics but they don't work on this site,You've seen it anyway. If anyones interested i could email photos for someone else to put up.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
looking good mate..ive been waiting for someone to go all out on a micra again..looks like the time has come!

you and nissanmania seem to be the new cars on the block to keep an eye on

the next generation so to speak haha..

noticed the nismo dizzy on what looks to be an adapter plate? not for a micra standard? you adapted it i gather? makes sense as there doesnt look to be any stock micra plug or anything on there...be wired directly to your microtech anyway

yeh. plenum has turned out great. be interesting to see how the new vf30 turbo goes... yup, the nismo dizzy uses its own nismo adaptor, does away altogether with the internal coilpack ****/etc. still a little while away yet before she goes driving, but getting excited more and more as the time gets sooner.... :)

still have to fully weld the exhaust / ic pipes and take everything off to get polished, then just wack it back together! ended up going 3" all the way for the exhaust, full stainless turbo back, with only 1 muffler, a full titanium 3 1/2" muffler, which will be held on with a decent exhaust clamp when i get my hands on one :)

also installed a billion racing power steering res, petterson dry sump oil catch can and a grex remote oil filter kit.

also sold of the nismo s-tunes and have a set of gab coilovers coming along with a rose jointed nismo race panhard bar.

sodaniel WROTE:

"What an awesome build up! Geez that exhaust pipe is massive, 3 inch lol. How long before it's no longer a 'rolling-shell'?

and the muffler is 3 1/2"!!!! the only thing i could get when i was in japan.. and it was the right price... er.. for titanium anyways.. still a while of yet from driving the beast, i initially wanted to run a microtech, but after tuning a few of them now, i'm a bit sceptical to use one myself, the features seem very basic... i know its only a micra, but i haven't really skimpd out on the rest of the car, and don't just want to throw in whatever will run it, still doing some research as to what to get, i had a motec on my previous s14, so i might give one of them the nod, but i've had really good experiences with the ems product to. i love the emanage however, easy to tune, easy to setup, but unfortunetly my car has passed the boudaries of a piggyback style computer

sportsclassic WROTE:

"looks like a weapon

...it will be :) i've got high hopes of eventually making 200kw @ wheels with a built motor with all the good internal bits.. in its current guise, i'll be stoked with 120kw @ around 8psi.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
This car is "THE ****" the titanium muffler is WOW. Thanks for the suspension mate,Fitted it by myself and am over the moon with the handling.

I've never been in a car before that rides comfortable and handles like a gocart! You must be putting in some serious race sort of gear?
If any of you guys out there get the chance to check this car out make sure you do,not just because its a Micra but because of the quality of the build and the professional work done. And meet the man he's pretty cool to,just joking mate.

Tony WROTE:

"This car is "THE ****" the titanium muffler is WOW. Thanks for the suspension mate,Fitted it by myself and am over the moon with the handling.<BR><BR>I've never been in a car before that rides comfortable and handles like a gocart! You must be putting in some serious race sort of gear?<BR>If any of you guys out there get the chance to check this car out make sure you do,not just because its a Micra but because of the quality of the build and the professional work done. And meet the man he's pretty cool to,just joking mate.

lol. thanks mate. glad your happy with the nismo's, .. i knew you wouldn't be dissapointed, there a great compromise between street and track, but, i want a bit more adjustability, height and dampening wise. thanks for the comments... the quality and professionalism is just a by-product of me being a picky bastard :) i cant help myself to replace and paint/polish anything that i can get my hands on, unfortunetly doing it that way,... it takes for ever, and sucks a **** load of money.

btw.. if anyone is after any tig welding, ie, intercooler piping, exhaust work, or anything else stainless, shoot me an email at [email protected], let me know what your after and i'll knock up a quote for you, i can also supply some really sexy stainless bends at competitive prices. i'm am located at forest lake in brisbane.

p.s i'm looking at buying another micra to use as a daily driver... so look out for a quick n/a setup appearing on the streets :)

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
Did you make your own exhaust?? Damn i wish I knew this a month ago... Do you work with mild steel as well? Great stuff, good to know there is someone on here who can do some quality metal fabrication

i make everything myself. i don't trust anyone to work on my car, and when you can make your own bits and pieces, why not? save money, and at the end of the day, you can turn around and say "i built all that" and not point to the local performance work shop and give them all the credit and your money. Own tuning, fabrication etc, mild steel is not a problem i have also done gtrholic's car on here, but he's to slack to upload photo's of the r&d we've done on his car :) his car is pretty nice aswell :) that said, i have to thank gtrholic for all his support and help with this project, none of it would have been possible without him. thanks buddy!

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
You can adjust the headlights though right?

When i first put HIDs in, everyone was high beaming me too because it was aimed directly at them, so i just adjusted those screws at the back so it pointed on the ground, problem solved...

I'm just trying to clarify what's actually wrong with driving with headlamps that are meant for LHD, if you can adjust them accordingly anyway?

sodaniel WROTE:

"You can adjust the headlights though right?<BR><BR>When i first put HIDs in, everyone was high beaming me too because it was aimed directly at them, so i just adjusted those screws at the back so it pointed on the ground, problem solved...<BR><BR>I'm just trying to clarify what's actually wrong with driving with headlamps that are meant for LHD, if you can adjust them accordingly anyway?

im not to sure mate, gtrholic has the same headlights as me with bellof hid's, and his are no where near as annoying as mine (allthough obviously his give out a much better light) i guess you could adjust them down, i doubt the local police authority would be able to tell the diff between lhd and rhd, i'm sure they'd find alot of other things they could easily pin you on. get em, they look hot, if you don't like em, i'm sure someone else will snap them up of you. see if you can get a deal on 2 sets, i need another for the new project :)

smidge

» CMF Member
im pretty sure its to do with where the light is thrown up as on LHD cars it needs to light up the footpath more than oncoming cars if that makes sense

theres a few threads on here about those lights and i agree they look hot... my light adjustment is pretty high anyway at the moment so i'm sure if you're happy to adjust them down a bit it wouldn't be unsafe

true that the cops would find bigger and better things to bust you on before being picky about headlights

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Hey turbo,do the bride rails make the seats sit any lower than the factory positioning? This is the reason i want to change my seats,I don't like sitting so high up.

If they don't lower the seating position what else is available bearing in mind that i'd like to have them engineered and legal.

my bride seat is mod plated :) yeah, you sit lower, but basically because the actual seat is physically thiner in design, not really due to the rails.. but never the less.. the bride rails are a little lower. next time your round, jump in and have a sit down.

Back