• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra Dot Rising To The Top! :)

well yeah using the corsa top mount it will work exactly and i mean exactly how it should!

it just seems that the sleved idea doesnt work anymore/ dont last too long!

but as you said frank its the 3 parts for the top mount from the corsa shock and the file out the holes on the chassis?

no z, thats not the problem, the problem is that the 2 top cups are fixed/imovable, but the shaft and bush are flexing up and down inside the rubber bush (you go and bounce on your wing and watch the shaft move up and down inside the rubber :eek:)
its ok for it to flex when you use the corsa mount because the whole assembly flexes together (thus no metal to metal chafing)

i open'd the top micra mount and seen the rubber bush able to move about freely, not good or ideal 2 flimsy metal tabs holding it in:grinning:

well yeah using the corsa top mount it will work exactly and i mean exactly how it should!

it just seems that the sleved idea doesnt work anymore/ dont last too long!

but as you said frank its the 3 parts for the top mount from the corsa shock and the file out the holes on the chassis?

yes will, the metal thrust bearing, the alloy cone, and the rubber mount, and i preferred to slot the mount so that it was a direct fit to any k11
btw, your knock is probably the bottom balljoint imo

guess its worth a try... im not sure how im supposed to mod the mount... as they will probably be on my car for quiet a while so slotting the car is fine by me!

but the knock sounds like its from the near side but thats not that old as it had a new bottom arm

these two tabs are all thats holding the bush in at the minute
DSC023641.jpg

wonder if i could vice it up tighter and weld in 2 more opposite side, without firing up everything

got the top mounts from the scrap yard today with shauns help!

got home popped the studs out the mounts ready to be adjusted...

just a shame i really cant be bothered with the car recently, its draining money i dont have...

enough of that talk onto another issue

the steering feels awful imo its like knocking away and sometimes the wheel is stright going straight and sometimes off and the cars still going straight.... i have a feeling the rack is loose or something

I think it is actually but also the universal joint! Whiich is long to change as id have to drop the rack off again ffs!

On a lighter note picked up martins coilovers! But noticed the same kinda wear as mine lol!

I think it is actually but also the universal joint! Whiich is long to change as id have to drop the rack off again ffs!

On a lighter note picked up martins coilovers! But noticed the same kinda wear as mine lol!

loosen the joint remove colum,not rack - swap up.
only nippy and a few others wont be getting rub on the piston/sleeve area,,me too

true true but i looked today theres no play at all a tiny movement either way on the wheel the wheels will wiggle so no play so im happy!

sometimes the steering wheel is stright and sometimes not which i think is the loose shock causing the camber to change etc.... ill find out when its done

Its not that? Its in the steering! And pddly sometimes its going straight and others not!

Passenger wishbone is no more than 6 months and other one i dunno

Its not that? Its in the steering! And pddly sometimes its going straight and others not!

Passenger wishbone is no more than 6 months and other one i dunno

Confession time Will: Before I met you at JAE, whenever I saw this thread reappear I heard the Eastenders theme tune in my head :laugh:. Hope you get it fettled (Y).

Confession time Will: Before I met you at JAE, whenever I saw this thread reappear I heard the Eastenders theme tune in my head :laugh:. Hope you get it fettled (Y).

wiked one :laugh:,,,,, ok--------WHAT TUNE COMES TO YOUR HEAD IN THIS THREAD

Guy ------ eastender
R-reg-sr-- minder
____ -_____

right well im not gnna bother posting untill it is sorted then... if i do! im going to try the new coilovers and then get someone to help me check it over! it sorta drifts like...

then im parking i get a loud clunk through the wheel... but when im parked i get a slight tap which ive always had... but anything more voilent i get the loud clunk...

also as im going the wheel can be stright with the car going stright but as speed picks up i have to correct it to almost a full 45° of the wheel only to the right... im hoping its the movement within the damaged shocks!

mmmm :glare:

ill be fitting the coilovers tomorrow inbetween painting the garage! ill let you know... i guess it can change the camber etc and the top of the shock moves side to side etc

mmmm :glare:

ill be fitting the coilovers tomorrow inbetween painting the garage! ill let you know... i guess it can change the camber etc and the top of the shock moves side to side etc

till you deal with that episode you wont be fathoming the whole series,, so yep get that out the way first

If you want working brakes I have some spare calipers sitting around, pair of 100nx (need rebuilding), standard k11 and standard almera ones lol

haha! na its just my cd size disks and the calipers need a bit of love! thanks for the offer! it'll be off the road by mid november

this sounds weird from me... but good news to report...

painted the garage floor!

fitted the coilovers with the corsa top mounts and a little extra camber as these were filed down a bit more...

adjusted the panhard

fiddled a little bit.... broke the head light mounts and superglued them in....

other than that a productive day with pictures and a proper update later....

this sounds weird from me... but good news to report...

painted the garage floor!

fitted the coilovers with the corsa top mounts and a little extra camber as these were filed down a bit more...

adjusted the panhard

fiddled a little bit.... broke the head light mounts and superglued them in....

other than that a productive day with pictures and a proper update later....

sounds like a good day at kingston square will (Y) any unsuspecting noises ?

nope.... even quiet from the rears too! i added the bump stop from the old rears the the new ones for extra bump stop!

the car feel jittery now though! prehaps too much camber?

well on saturday after my airport run, shaun met me at pease pottage scrappers to get some corsa top mounts... in the process made it bleed as i simply cut the flexi brake lines!

and got home with these
1317483965126.jpg

i bashed out the studs from the corsa mounts and fitted it to the coilover to see how it kinda goes together.... real simples! and shows the difference in set up
1317647943105.jpg

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd498/ninja_worm/suspensions/1317647959314.jpg[/IMG

the next couple of images show the difference in spacing with the holes in the top mounts
[IMG]http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd498/ninja_worm/suspensions/1317648266416.jpg
1317648282259.jpg

1317648399600.jpg

1317648448253.jpg

obviously they need to be the same as the micra ones to fit properly so off i went to get a round file! 2 shops later and i had one... popped to work to use the vice to make my life easier
1317654623127.jpg

although because my work is crap we had run out of gas for the mig and neither of the 2 bottles round the back had anything either... luckily the garage 'next door' let me use the mig they have! and because its different my welds were pants ( thats my excuse)
1317658588710.jpg

1317658600236.jpg

1317658609226.jpg

1317658619348.jpg

so today i went about fitting them and i was getting fed up with all the noises and in fear my suspension might try kill me haha
this is with the first one fitted on the lowest setting with max camber with the helper spring
1317812409847.jpg

showing how differently the top mounts show through the chassis
1317812424806.jpg

then i set the suspension how i did befor with 20mm between the bottom mount and bottom spring holder
and then set the camber at about 6mm from hub to bottom mount edge! very unreliable and i think it needs to be less to give me more control!
1317812732550.jpg

1317812860506.jpg

1317812872779.jpg

the next 2 images show the brake line being held on for and and the shock in position fully fitted and adjusted
1317814049756.jpg

1317814063068.jpg

i moved onto the rear and pulled both the shocks apart and fitted a bump stop from the old ones to the new along with the existing one
1317818229684.jpg

and left me with this much shock movement
1317818461202.jpg

fitted the car all back together and adjusted the panhard rod!

some photowhoring.... i havent cleaned it since JAE and the rims are only shiney cos i had to wipe them due to all the finger marks on them!

1317823788967.jpg

1317823802955.jpg

1317823818957.jpg

1317823832892.jpg

1317823851970.jpg

1317823866502.jpg

1317823887254.jpg

well whats you thinks?

now its all together i went for a test drive and its so quiet and shows up the rest of the rattles from around the car haha... much firmer too!

however it feels really scatty accross the road and i dont feel very confident with it so im going to reduce the camber slightly and then have the tracking redone for once and for all!

although it feels like its pulling left then braking.... maybe because i bashed the left disk while getting the old shock off! but the steering feel so smooth, responsive and very light! i highly recomend this way of fitting them!

im a happy william with no sight of the car being broken any time soon! unless things get serious when its garaged

yeah... next is deffinately new brakes and a good service to the calipers and an oil change! I HAVENT DONE IT SINCE FITTING THE ENGINE!

ooo and im happy cus i got 340m from a brimmed tank! personal best! cant imagine how much id get with the 1.3box

The tracking has been done but as i messed with the geometry again then id say it will want doing! But im doing to readjust the camber!

But it is scary lol i feel i dont have enough castor pulling the wheels in

The tracking has been done but as i messed with the geometry again then id say it will want doing! But im doing to readjust the camber!

But it is scary lol i feel i dont have enough castor pulling the wheels in

Readjusted the suspension tonight and the steering feel heavier again and less jittery! Tracking to be done and then im sorted! Still have the knock going on though! Lol

Ha yeah almost i hope! I need to slow down with the car! As that way i think ill enjoy it more! Tracking again tomorrow hopefully! Im not going to bktger with the slight knock as it doesnt affect it in any way!

When im in the car it is level! But i cant get lower around here! :-(

Got the tracking done again today much better! But need to sort out that clonk im getting! Its anoying and doesnt seem right!

When im in the car it is level! But i cant get lower around here! :-(

Got the tracking done again today much better! But need to sort out that clonk im getting! Its anoying and doesnt seem right!

Well i wont out to check the paper which says the time i need to be at the air port!

And someone has booted my car above the wheel arch! Ffs nice foot print left too

Well i wont out to check the paper which says the time i need to be at the air port!

And someone has booted my car above the wheel arch! Ffs nice foot print left too

Back