• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

7545c64c.jpg

476c8941.jpg

e86aa146.jpg

mate video was epic when its all sorted or near as its gonna get you gotta do a clearer one! and also let me come up and see the beast soon.

martin (Y) intercooler should be with you courier came up today, hope it's going to benefit you in some way.. keep up the good work with the project buddy :p

Thanks again Syko, really appreciate it matey, should fit spot on ;)

I'll get some pics up when It's fitted, and thankyou for your support ;)

It WILL get finished just a matter of time and money (Y)

Cheers for the help mate much appreciated and it feels alot tighter and smoother than the 1 litre!

Tensioner must have been on its way out!

Hope shes all running good and didnt get a cold for spending a day ib the rain and the outside world! Lol
Thanks afgain mate your a legend around here next to many others!

Good luck with the intercooler!

Cheers for the help mate much appreciated and it feels alot tighter and smoother than the 1 litre!

Tensioner must have been on its way out!

Hope shes all running good and didnt get a cold for spending a day ib the rain and the outside world! Lol
Thanks afgain mate your a legend around here next to many others!

Good luck with the intercooler!

Thanks man I appreciate it ;)

The cars got no front end at the mo as trying to fit sykos intercooler

Not good I'm afraid, to long for the chassis even with the plastic ends cut off ;(

Nevermind, I have however found a new use for the mr2 one !!

Give it to noddie, pay him very reasonable price and let him work his magic!

I ended up making a hole in it trying to remove the mounts from it but ed has come to me rescue, fixed the hole and rotated both the inlet and outlet the correct way round!! Top man

If anyone wants any tig welding fabricated he's your man! Very good prices and does an excellent job too! Pm noddie for details ;) not forgetting frank aswell he's awesome too!

Well here's the unpainted finished project

416a3357.jpg

b8e5ca1e.jpg

cb1064aa.jpg

1d969c13.jpg

eb6a221d.jpg

Thank again mate ;)

Haha, Thank you for your praise! My aluminium welds are still a bit 'blobby' :blush: It'l do the trick though eh mate.
Should be with you in the next couple of days!
(Y)

Would love too! Got to sort this funking intercooler piping first,
Turbo outlets 2" 51mm
Intercooler 2" 51mm

What I have. .....

2.5" with no reducers or fittings

Need to order some more silicone bends but have to sort out a perfect route

Seems easy but it's confusing when your trying to figure out the best route that's performance orientated and very cost effective

Need to be let lose in a silicone making factory ha ha

So close yet so far ;(

fitted intercooler up today, got to get more elbows and stuff but its taking some shape at least

got to order some bits ;)

f4390155.jpg

48f26baa.jpg

arrr yes, thats more like it! Did it arrive in one piece then? prob not the best packaging in the world, but i did put fragile all over it:)

all ok thank you mate!!:)

loved the packaging you wrote "very" between every fragile

all ok mate have had to cut the longer peice down and will stick a 90 rubber on it so it can meet the turbo, other than that a few more bits and should be ready to bolt back up and thats the intercooler done:)

thanks again mate

Almost there (Y)

I got my turbo manifold today, will get some pics tomorrow. Seems that some turbo Micras will hit the streets soon :grinning:

went to pick these up tonight, (except intercooler)

1a30b624.jpg

very big thankyou to george/mckenziecz for this as i can pretty much complete the intercooler setup now

hopefully should all in and fitted by next weekend but as usual will have some progress pics to let you all know how im getting on

coolio:p

ha ha, should have quite a few bits left for you eddyboy! ill let you know what i dont useas i have plenty, but until i know i can say which bits(Y)

7c3638be.jpg

picked up my 370cc injectors and rail today :)

just need it modded and thats one less bit to do(Y)(Y)

intercooler almost finished aswell

will get pics up once finished:p

how the car is at the mo
23273ce3.jpg

Intercooler half done

df8d88f0.jpg

f46b1a98.jpg

Thought id clean them up and polish them

DSC_0251.jpg

Needs a new lease of life

DSC_0254.jpg

Washed and cleaned with dish scourer and 1200 grit wet and dry

DSC_0255.jpg

Add some awesome metal polish

DSC_0259.jpg

Finished product ready to go back on

DSC_0262.jpg

More soon ...

good job, now need to take me out for a spin :p

Still yet to route from intercooler though, so far I haven't needed any silicone bends just using the bends in the pipe , will need to get some 2.5" to 2" though as ive got a 2" coupling underneath the 2.5" for it to seal! Also still need a funking afm adapter, people on driftworks and sxoc want twice the price for a used one as a new one delivered!

Was also looking at difference between the 2 fuel rails. Quite a big job, if I had a tig welder I'd defo have a go though

d4b78067-1cb3-2b78.jpg

Still yet to route from intercooler though, so far I haven't needed any silicone bends just using the bends in the pipe , will need to get some 2.5" to 2" though as ive got a 2" coupling underneath the 2.5" for it to seal! Also still need a funking afm adapter, people on driftworks and sxoc want twice the price for a used one as a new one delivered!

Was also looking at difference between the 2 fuel rails. Quite a big job, if I had a tig welder I'd defo have a go though

d4b78067-1cb3-2b78.jpg

hint hint haha.
Im looking into it mate, just got a couple of other bits to weld up before i can start on waz's rail. to me it looks like its gonna mean cutting out the injector housings from the sr rail and welding tube between them, then welding on fpr and mounting brackets. Big job! The only thing im not sure about is the clearance with the throttle body. and iv sold my spare tb so i cant mock one up :s

Exactly what I was thinking, keep the original connections on the injecter carriers and cut either side

Here's some low spec ghetto drawings ;)

Cut on dotted lines

4d6794b0-9bc5-7cf1.jpg

Here's what you left with

4d6794b0-9bea-b9cd.jpg

Get some alloy/steel tubing snug enough to fit over original fuel rail tube

Place everything lose into inlet Mani and adjust for fitment

Tack into place and voila!!

Leave fpr connection where it is as you can use the adapter either way as sr20 and cg have same spacing and size

4d6794b0-9cc2-a9af.jpg

One rail with correct spacing

Then use either cg or sr fuel in tube and weld to fit

Cut mounts of and weld into position

I could cut everything in around 30 mins at guess with say a dremel

Cut tube to size slot over ends and weld into place,

To actually tack into position I can't see being to hard

It's just time consuming bro

Hope your well matey ;)

Yeah, its a good few hours work, especially the first one. Iv got some tube but i think its about 0.2mm too small. The mounts i think would have to be made new imo, the stock ones would be pretty hard to cut off properly as far as i can see.

Could you run some 600 grit over the original fuel rail pipe first to make it smaller
What's the o.d of the fuel rail pipe, might have some stuff at work that's looks ok?

Scopez popped over yesterday and we finished intercooler setup, just need the proper reducers now :)

Could you run some 600 grit over the original fuel rail pipe first to make it smaller
What's the o.d of the fuel rail pipe, might have some stuff at work that's looks ok?

Scopez popped over yesterday and we finished intercooler setup, just need the proper reducers now :)
sr20 rail od is exactly 16mm:)
good to hear your getting that piping all done:D

To run the car at 3 psi nothing other than plumbing in the boost gauge and finish off routing battery to boot

Before mapping from fusion I need

Fuel pump
Injector rail modded
Afm adapter
Clutch

But technically it's turboed now ;)

Should be running tomorrow after I've done coolant and above list

Cheap boost ftw ;)

4d6794b0-0789-30b7.jpg

9009ef05.jpg

ad361bf4.jpg

965899c8.jpg

Turbo all up and running will try to get video tommorow, clutch slips bad if I rape it, set a 5psi ;)

awesome fun thou!!

Hopefully have some footage tommorrow

Cheers

[video=youtube;fbF7eWRL17s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbF7eWRL17s[/video]

Can't hear alot more than exhaust still great fun though ;)

Back