• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

I think the GA14 clutch is a possibility but I never got round to finding out, and unfortunately I won't be able to now :down:

So what your saying is a stock ga16 flywheel will fit bolt pattern wise and would technically fit inside the cg box? It's the same spacing as a cg13 fly?

In that case the friction plate would fit inside and clutch plate bolts to original flywheel holes

Basically the whole kit would fit, are the splines the same or different for the cg13 gearbox and ga16?

Would be awesome if we could get a decent ga16 setup to fit?

So what your saying is a stock ga16 flywheel will fit bolt pattern wise and would technically fit inside the cg box? It's the same spacing as a cg13 fly?

In that case the friction plate would fit inside and clutch plate bolts to original flywheel holes

Basically the whole kit would fit, are the splines the same or different for the cg13 gearbox and ga16?

Martin, like franks says the flywheel and clutch is not the issue its the spline on the gbox which differs...so really yuo would need a 1.6 box and shafts unless theres another way.....:eek: anyone????

I tested it today, Fidenza GA16 flywheel fits CG crank, and the clutch disc spline fits CG gearbox, so its plug and play.

The only difference is where the flywheel ring sits, because of different dishes, but nothing special, from the block lip to ring there are 30mm on the stock flywheel, and 27mm on the fidenza flywheel, 3mm different, but the starter motor will engage on the flywheel anyway...

I tested it today, Fidenza GA16 flywheel fits CG crank, and the clutch disc spline fits CG gearbox, so its plug and play.

The only difference is where the flywheel ring sits, because of different dishes, but nothing special, from the block lip to ring there are 30mm on the stock flywheel, and 27mm on the fidenza flywheel, 3mm different, but the starter motor will engage on the flywheel anyway...

Hey baguete, so what your saying is then that it will all work:

1.6 clutch, pressure plate and flywheel along with the cg13 gearbox?

do you have pics of this, if not please do get it on your blog, im interested to see

Thanks

Hey baguete, so what your saying is then that it will all work:

1.6 clutch, pressure plate and flywheel along with the cg13 gearbox?

do you have pics of this, if not please do get it on your blog, im interested to see

Thanks

Yes, it can work, i have to put them on the car really, but as far as i can see, all is plug and play, if the flywheel fits the crank and the clutch disc fits the gearbox, it should be fine.

I tried to take some pics today, but i ran out of battery, will take some tomorrow...

Yes, it can work, i have to put them on the car really, but as far as i can see, all is plug and play, if the flywheel fits the crank and the clutch disc fits the gearbox, it should be fine.

I tried to take some pics today, but i ran out of battery, will take some tomorrow...

was just reading through the link frank posted, so would this set up still work with a standard GA16 fly, as the fidanza is slimmer/lighter giving that extra few mm so the gearbox can enter the clutch plate. Or would a standard fly also need to be lightened?

Awesome!! So is a stock clutch setup possible? Or just the setup you have? Also what's the rating of your clutch matey?

was just reading through the link frank posted, so would this set up still work with a standard GA16 fly, as the fidanza is slimmer/lighter giving that extra few mm so the gearbox can enter the clutch plate. Or would a standard fly also need to be lightened?

I think it will work on a standard GA16 fly, Fidenza must have made them to the same specs as OEM, right?

And you cant believe how light the Fidenza GA fly is, one third of the stock CG fly. :eek: The best would be getting a lightened GA fly...

Awesome!! So is a stock clutch setup possible? Or just the setup you have? Also what's the rating of your clutch matey?

Yes, stock setup is possible. And you can re-drill the stock CG fly to suit GA pressure plate, very little difference, will get some pics tomorrow.

I have a XTD Stage 4 Clutch, dont know how much torque it can handle, but maybe 300Nm? Frank, what were the power figures of Dale's Almera turbo?

How different is the cg fly to ga? Also is ga fly solid like cg so could be lightened? Thankyou for very informative posting

I appreciate it mate :)

Cheers

Its capable of 297ft/lbs/ and 390 bhp

The XTD clutch i have as those specifications?

How different is the cg fly to ga? Also is ga fly solid like cg so could be lightened? Thankyou for very informative posting

I appreciate it mate :)

Cheers

Dont know how stock GA fly is, but Fidenza fly is the same dimensions as stock CG, just different bolt holes for different clutch cover plate. Tomorrow i will take some pics for you to see.

Bit to over kill for me then ha ha

I reckon an uprated standard clutch would prob be ok, can anyone remember kristains torque figures? Or stanis by the if chance? Chears

Thats a stage 4 XTD though mate lol You get stage 1, 2 etc which are rated to much less figures.

Just checked kristians power figures on fusion site

If I'm right he made 160ftlbs torque

I need a clutch that would handle that as going for very similar setup

I see what your saying Scott but if theres an uprated exedy or equivalent for cheaper I'm on to a winner ?

Dont buy xtd. I had a stage 3 in my n15 which had cams, header intake and exhaust and first drag launch it slipped in every gear.

Exedy hold a good bit more than stock, but then a new stock one will hold more than an old one. If you want a good clutch you want an uprated exedy or an act unit.

I need to get me one of those! That's a bargain and a half?
Buy it and review it, I'm slightly skeptical.

Looks at the torque rating of that
http://www.dragtimes.com/parts/BBP-...RA-200SX-NX-16L-GA16DE-DOHC_360290863187.html
Scopez that's even enough for your torque at the grand price of 30 quid with shipping and tax lol

If it works then perfect :)

nice finds mart, this is looking very promising for us so long as we get to see this on baguetes, he did say about some pics of fitment etc today so lets see eh? I've still got my 1.6 plate and disc in the cupboard, just had a look at it measures 200mm...might be of some use for you :eek:

Hopefully mate!! Damn site cheaper eh!?

Could have your clutch cams and remap alot quicker than you think

If yours measures 200mm let's hope baguetes is they same in every way

Could you have a look at the spine please tristan? Take some measurements and someone else can do with the 1.3 clutch

What clutch wil you go for if it all fits?

Hopefully mate!! Damn site cheaper eh!?

Could have your clutch cams and remap alot quicker than you think

If yours measures 200mm let's hope baguetes is they same in every way

Could you have a look at the spine please tristan? Take some measurements and someone else can do with the 1.3 clutch

What clutch wil you go for if it all fits?

Won't you be needing it bro or you going for fidanza?

Or this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._nkw=140277260272&_fvi=1&_rdc=1#ht_3909wt_948

Could prob get fly on it's own thou :eek:

hey mart, yeah clutch plate is 200mm standard with the orignal Nissan stamp probably from factory :eek:
i would need to match the spline with a 1.3 box to check, but then if baguete is doing this all later on then may as well wait and see, as I only have the 1.6 box on my balcony which is accessible, 1.3 is on the car :p

mate if I get any 1.6 clutch it will have to be the heavy duty one stage 3/4, want to buy it once and thats it...dont want to find its good for my set up now then once i get more bits done etc in the future i find ill need to upgrade again.

Fidanza is an option im thinking but worried its too light especially for a turbo engine, if i can get it at a reasonable price they may as wel though lol

Got all done today, but my XTD disc and plate are 190mm... fwn

I always said that 1.6 discs were 200mm, because its what is written everywhere, but maybe there are some variantions. :glare:

Anyway, soon i will post some pics on my blog. And yes, GA16 setup will fit. :grinning:

Few more bits from my boss today

de35b079.jpg

2b259bf0.jpg

e3c22993.jpg

Will all be cleaned up in bit

Back