• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

Ha ha right outside my house so just push it back, need to get an outside view,

Wish I could get it remapped sooner :(

I'll try and get video outside next weekend

Cheers

Had some problems initially

Originally i had alot of smoke feom exhaust ??

Had no boost at all.... Opened bonnet only to find I didn't do the last intercooler pipe up that i polished!!... Doh

Then realised I only had one screw on fpr, this calmed it right down but still on wot I have some smoke?

There's very minimal shaft play left to right but nothing huge? No in or out?

Could this be just and aftermath of what I had before and it's cleaning out? Or sound like turbo?

It's blueish if I remember right

Also question to the turbo guys

Can I replace turbo by just unbolting off the compressor housing and get a new one or rebuild the current one or do I have to replace the whole lot?!

Hope It's not the turbo as that's expensive rebuild!

If it's the engine then I'll try do a deal with sleeper ss For another 1.3

Need the a team back or anyone turboed to see what they think

If I do have to replace the engine it gives me the excuse to do the clutch

It's running 3 bar of fuel but no difference apart from performance between 3 bar and stock 2.5 bar

Could it be it's just not mapped and the mixtures all over the place?

Stani, noddie do u have similar issues?

Cheers

When my turbo was smoking out the exhaust it wasnt a constant thing, it was always during/after a gear change with big puffs of it. Rebuilt it for about £80 myself and it sorted the problem. Could be anything at this stage to be honest. Remove the turbo and do your WOT test to see if theres any oily smoke coming out the turbo manifold??

Ok mate cheers I'll try that

Thing is the smoke was there when I had the Fuelling/ ht lead issue

Once I fixed that and drove it it was at night and to be fair I was looking forward not behind me

It certainly calmed down when the bottom fpr screw was put it

When I bought the Car it took over an hour to get it started !! It was left all through the snow with a flat battery, when It did start it was pure thick White smoke for about 5 minutes but went as I drove off

If it is the engine an it's the oil seals (Frank had same problem I believe ) is an engine flush likely to remove the deposits on the piston rings if its that?

Depending on the outcome I may go and see him with a new 1.3 a 2mm head spacer plate and have it Made for me so I can run a bar lol ;)

It could be oil seals on turbo

There is also still a blow from the downpipe , would that effect anything?

I gave all my spare manifold and cat to ed aswell so can't try the na thing

I'll remove the turbo unless anyone has any other options ....?

Cheers

If you quickly pop the turbo off, will you not see some oil residue IF it is leaking?. Though if it was there before, then it might not be turbo related.

Have you driven it much since the petrol issue?...just general driving, avoiding the boost grins for example. The system may just need a clean out.

Blue though is not what you want to see.

one thing that i done on my renault was to get the smallest vac tube you cabn get from the engine bay and put it in a coke bottle with water....

you may think ahhh watwer in engine but it steam cleans the insides of your engine and makes the combustion chambers spotless

one thing that i done on my renault was to get the smallest vac tube you cabn get from the engine bay and put it in a coke bottle with water....

you may think ahhh watwer in engine but it steam cleans the insides of your engine and makes the combustion chambers spotless
Yeah, or if you put sand down the TB its like sand blasting the chambers o_0 fwn

no i wouldnt recomend sand if im honest! thats what water injection does as well as cool down the air-fuel... always comes out nice n shiney!

obviously too much at one will lead to pressurisation instead of compression

I never suggested going backwards at all, i simply mean remove the turbo and run the car with whats left. If there still blue smoke present after a good warm up etc it cant be the turbo

It's the turbo guys, :(

What I thought was a little shaft play is actually quite a lot uh oh

It's blue smoke and oil is dribbling out of my Exhaust due to no cats or silencers

Rebuild or next t2

Heard so much schit about turbo technics

Question for you stani, ed or ed please

Can I remove the turbo from the compressor housing

And fit any t2 or does it have to be a fiesta t2 specific one?

Really quite fancy a t25 for simplicity and the fact there easy for me to get hold of, however don't want to ruin franks work or have him re weld the entire lot! :(

Still ... Huh , after yet another hurdle I'm staying positive

Im not 100% but i was able to combine a t04e and a t3 so it may work as the t3 was garrett and the t04e was a no namer. When i done it i used the inlet side of the smaller turbo and left the original t04e exhaust side in place. Alot less lag too with that setup

Ok cool I'll have a look

There was no shaft play but I've ruined it myself

When I came down to Brighton I didnt have the turbo outlet connected to anything so it wasn't under load, the worst thing for a turbo as it's left to spin like an absolute funking lunatic

As ed from fusion said it would have been better to connect to engine at low boost so at least the turbo doesnt spin over it's capabilities and damage it like I have

Stani where you get your rebuild kit from mate?

I've found these 2, should I stay clear?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....353408&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3571wt_989

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....6885660&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_689

ok cool, stani did you follow a guide or some sort or was it quite simple?

is there any special tools required to fit them?

i had thought of what you said about removing turbo and seeing if smoke is there but according to my boss(proffesional drifter, mechanic and engineer!) he said its the oil seals, engines fine

he popped over after work and confirmed his findings again, he knows alot more than me and everything is pointing to that

whatevers the cheapest option tbh on repairing or replacing

so does anyone know if those kits are generic for all t2's as mine and noddies for instance are different in every way?

cheers for help guys

also will i wont be putting water in my engine mate, by almeans it may have been fine on your renault but i can see it giving me more problems than what its worth

ill flush it then swap oil first to see if that cleans it out(Y)

Never followed a guide its pretty simple. The nut on the end of the shaft turns clockwise to slacken. And i used normal tools, only fiddly bit is removing the snap rings as there a tight fit but youll manage!

ok mate cheers, ill look into it

once all is replaced and running fine will the oil etc in the exhaust burn out or will i need to remove and blow out?

i guess ill be alright, another thing to add to the learning list

ill take off the turbo and have a look

ill report in few days

cheers all(Y)

Its always risky buying a second hand turbo and hoping its fine. Is this the same size as your other one? Youll cope rebuilding the other one, youtube will have alot of info if your worried

looks to be exactly the same, its of a fiesta rs turbo

from mwhat i learnt there ar only 2 fiesta t2 turbos

watercooled and non watercooled

i have the watercooled and thats the same, but like you say it could be pants and also require a re build, ive had a look on youtube, some interesting stuff, just would rather a list in order etc

but as you say it looks quiet straight forward, ill try get it off asap and get the kit ordered :)

cheers

Guys could this be due to oil presure starvation? Is the head feed sufficient for the pressure needed?

I've been advised to fit one to see if all is ok before I rebuild it?

Yeah sorry meant a guage , as the revs rise is there enough pressure for the turbo?

I must admit I took out the gallery plug on idle and I got squirted

Just an idea that the turbo may have failed due to oil starvation

If you guys think it's fine ( which you two have working proof) i will leave it,

Shouldn't be too long till the hiccup is sorted :)

I'm using the stock fiesta return with a 16mm I.d silicone hose attached to a 16mm turbo return fitting bolted to the sump, surely that must be big enough ?;(

I've had it idling without it connected to the sump and it made a big mess on the floor :eek:

Bidding on a replacement t2 with no shaft play which ends tonight so should have this sorted by weekend hopefully providing I win it at reasonable cost

Cheers for the help stani mate

I'm using the stock fiesta return with a 16mm I.d silicone hose attached to a 16mm turbo return fitting bolted to the sump, surely that must be big enough ?;(

I've had it idling without it connected to the sump and it made a big mess on the floor :eek:

Bidding on a replacement t2 with no shaft play which ends tonight so should have this sorted by weekend hopefully providing I win it at reasonable cost

Cheers for the help stani mate

I meant as in make sure the pipe dont fill up from the sump fitting, im sure yours is fine though :) good luck with the auction

no i didnt have signal on my phone to bid :(

right peed off, vodafone are pants

unless i win it on 2nd chance offer ill get a rebuild kit

but if it werent meant to be then it werent meant to begrr

d4b7804b-d601-0eab.jpg

d4b7804b-d658-e76b.jpg

d4b7804b-d675-89ba.jpg

d4b7804b-d695-02a4.jpg

d4b7804b-d6b3-1c3d.jpg

d4b7804b-d6da-65e6.jpg

Turbo off, just got to order rebuild kit providing theres no further damage

Watching step by step videos on poo tube about rebuilding

Looks no harder than rebuilding an rc. Electronic motor

As long as there's no damage and I mark the compressor wheel to the shaft both ends and mark the end nut so i know its in same place there's no need for balancing

Does look simple though ;)

The rebuild kit was sent to me saturday courtesy of a very good friend who has helped me out in a time of need

followed this guide

DSC_0361.jpg

the 'workshop' proper filthy work this is

DSC_0365.jpg

all rebuilt no play, spins like a good un :)

DSC_0368.jpg

all rebuilt

DSC_0369.jpg

installed it today, didnt have enough time to finish all of it and test it as waiting for a 99p oil return gasket :(

also got some gungum through recommendation of mr frank to mate the mani and turbo together, also should hopefully fix the downpipe blow:p

Yeah, gungum is good stuff. basically all i use most of the time...
Really glad you got the turbo sorted:D
Must pop up at some point soon, let me know when you have a weekend off.
<3

Ok mate cook, can do this weekend mate? I have lots of bits for you here cluttering up my garage mate

Have you got the gauge for your fpr yet?

Also my bro owed me a favour for fitting his Hks boost controller so got me this

d4b78008-6da7-ae63.jpg

That completes the air filter to turbo connection I needed :) :)

Ok mate cook, can do this weekend mate? I have lots of bits for you here cluttering up my garage mate

Have you got the gauge for your fpr yet?
Yeah, that might be cool. il give you a bell mid week:) Yeah, got the gauge, not gotten round to fitting it though. maybe il bring it up with me and you can show me how to do it:)

Fitted a spare boot damper today to be used as a bonnet lifter, it's strong enough to hold it and at 2/3's up it lifts itself,

Remember I have a raised bonnet too before you go rushing off to the scrappys!

It's slightly fouling when closing, bit it does close, I think I need to grind off just a touch from the lifter bracket

Here's some pics

4d6794b0-18b9-068a.jpg

4d6794b0-18d1-0a1d.jpg

4d6794b0-18e3-d0e6.jpg

4d6794b0-18fd-4b84.jpg

There's a hole closest to the headlight which is where I used, the further up the panel towards bulk head you go the higher it lifts

well cool love it
so if it were grinded away corectly it may work on a standard unraised bonnet
sorry to ask mate,its just that you have had your hands on it and would know better than me

Right guys have gotten round it, I'll get photos tommorrow, I've taken out the top hinge bolt, loosened the bottom and put it behind the hinge, used the same bolt to go through the hinge, through the damper into the existing bonnet hole, it works a treat ;)

Tried to but it's way to power full and it wobbles the bonnet, Tis funny though how quick it comes out

Gotta love the free mods

If you remove rear wiper I reckon that's enough weight reduction to use just one in the boot and the other in the bay

You will have to space the bonnet though, unless u can found another way

Looks and works pukka , well chuffed!!

Also gun gummed my downpipe to turbo flange, hopefully it won't blow anymore

Just waiting on the silicone bend before I try out the rebuilt turbo

the gun gum only seals and goes hard with heat mate... so try not to wiggle it till its been run up! but looking good might have to try the bonnet lifter idea!

Finished off my air intake to turbo today

All that's left is oil return gasket then a test drive :)

f8c3c13d.jpg

Loads of cool air to come into here

ad2e15f7.jpg

And here's how it looks from the front

bd0d9a4a.jpg

And gave here quick wash too, still need to get the rear quarter fixed up....one day

3341b7ff.jpg

4b954e3f.jpg

10d8ad2c.jpg

Should have some good news at weekend :)

looks sweet mate...your intake filter is pretty much same spot as mine, though mine is more behind the bumper. Just watch out for water :D

Also the metal cap on the filter top (the bit you'd see if it was the correct way up), i can be almost 100% sure it will evetually fall off. I know becuase mine has haha...damn gravity.

Back