• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Blog of the China Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good! I'd put some mastik around them before you install them permanently cos they let a bit of water into my boot when I had them.

Did the wiring work ok? When I plugged them into mine the tail/ brake light wires were backwards so I had to swap them around, I think I set them up right for a facelift but can't remember lol

lol, well there is a lot of mastick left around the hole on both rear lamps, haven't checked the wiring yet because the battery for the car is in the boot, lol.

Yeah, you have to excuse the boot dentage, I do plan to repair one day though.

Anyway reason for this post is, Manny very kindly sorted me out with a parcel shelf fitted with 2 x 300w Mutant X speakers, so a big thanks to him.

Here's a quick pick.

3531499814_3949cf38d8.jpg

You have to excuse the mess in my Boot Garage, lol. Let's see there's tools, 2 x TOYO tyres ready to fit to my front alloys, Front Bumper, Pod Lights O and the front Blue LED strip for my under car kit, lol.

Just a quick update after sifting through 17 pages of unread posts, damn holidays, lol.

Anyway, my main man Ahmed got himself a Super S Spoiler and Happily gave me the Standard Lip Spoiler, I really appreciated this, though I'm Phil and just couldn't help modding it.

If this all goes to plan, I will do a step by step guide on how to mod you Lip Spoiler.

1. The Black Tape is just keeping the spoiler flexed while I fix the crack.
3570454163_7bcbd313b0.jpg

2. Slice and Dice, the lip spoiler now has an added 10cm metres.
3571263954_99313933aa.jpg

3. Now for a bit of paper machet, not lol, Fiberglass is ace. I'm hoping to have this finished either this week or mid next week.
3570455071_d4d3752b45.jpg

Just glad that it's a work shop and not something I own, look at all that mess.

loooking good that spoiler, will love to see it when its done, keep us updated on its progess (Y)

Love those parcel shelf speakers, and your painting is great, wish I could get a colour match that good. Mind you, I did buy Hellfrauds paint!

Well today I was hoping to upload images of my bonnet scoop fitted, but my dremel cut out halfway through and B&Q doesn't stock spare brushes because the store isn't big enough. I did try using a circular saw, which I was told will go through metal, which it did a bit, but made a right hash of it.

So hopefully if the weather is good to after work tomorrow, I'll be finishing it off using the dremel from work if I'm allowed.

Well, borrowed the Dremel from work and managed to make the hole below...

3608377740_b48c271ebb.jpg

3607561317_0023509daa.jpg

And some pictures below with the scoop fitted, though not finished, have to do one more thing before this mini project is finished.

3608378148_d2388467ab.jpg

3608378608_f1c0f689a1.jpg

3607562987_219db2d84b.jpg

3608379682_45e24a7bd7.jpg

Comments welcome...

I'm not normally a fan of bonnet intakes. But this isn't too big and from that side view it isn't too tall either so i kinda like it.
Hows the rear wing coming along?

Rear wing is getting there, got some Body Filler from Halfords on Saturday, some more Mesh, but that's for modding my front bumper and 10 mini clamps for 50p couldn't believe it, they'll probably break first time using them, lol.

That spoiler looks like it could be most awesome (Y)

Did you ever get round to weighing the aircon stuff?

get it sorted :D cant wait to see this. everything is looking good. also where did the bonnet intake come from...nice :)

Robb, I didn't in the end, wanted to but it's going to be spread out as I need to remove the large lump thing off my engine, I don't think it does anything else apart from power the aircon. After that I need to get a replacement belt.

Simonh, I got it off ebay, from Taiwan. If I remember the supplier I'll post it up.

Just a quick preview of my one of a kind Micra Lip Spoiler as it stands this afternoon.

As you can see it really is beginning to take shape, can't till tomorrow lunchtime to do
a little bit more filling and a little bit more sanding.
3617351640_228b1ce0cb.jpg

Not the best look I'm afraid of the under carriage, might just fill in the gaps, I'm not sure
if I want to go down the route of fitting a 3rd brake light to it or not and remove the one in my boot.
3617351304_69ea8d8553.jpg

So hopefully this will be Primered next week and Painted it all goes to plan, woop, woop.

Well, when I've finished this and done my front bumper I want to do another one, so if anyone has upgraded their standard lip spoiler to a JDM or Super S spoiler I would be happy to buy their old one off them as long as it's in good condition.

Cheers B47to, I have plans for more, really enjoyed making this one, it's taken me about 8 hours in total working on this during my lunch times.

Couple of little updates, lol.

Right then, got a bit more filling in this morning and at lunch, I've brought it home today and I want to see roughly how big it is compared to a standard Lip Spoiler.

Here's a quick picture of the filling I did today.

3619723877_64f195c81f.jpg

And two pictures of it actually on the car, I must say this is the first picture of me actually next to my car, ever, lol.

3619723895_4c6d437a09.jpg

3619723901_636a6f12e4_o.jpg

Obviously it isn't finished, I'm taking it back to work to neaten off the sides and make sure there's no dips or raised across the top, once done I will be Painting to Match.

I would love to do a Super S Spoiler, I was hoping to have a really long one so it's like a drag spoiler. So the end of the spoiler will be directly above the end of the bumper.

Anyway Cheers for the Comments, I'll hopefully get this done soo enough, the only big I'm no looking forward to is drilling holes in my boot as I need to work out exactly where the need to be. Fingers Crossed.

Righty then, I have now spent the last of my £90 halfords vouchers, that went quicker than I thought, lol.

I've bought myself some Mudflaps, ideally I wanted white, but I'm going to see if I can get hold of white White Decal sheets in A4 size.

3628747300_7d77c81b12.jpg

And finished off underneath my bonnet with some piping to help direct the airflow to my Air Filter.

Bonnet before the final click closed.
3628747294_45facd2049.jpg

Bonnet Closed.
3628747296_5e8f3495e0.jpg

I might be having another go at the piping making it a bit longer.

I'm going to put a slight lip on the topside so rain goes around the hole and out of the scoop drain hole and the air goes into the filter.

hey looking brill so far for the scoop the best thing i found was to have a small gap at the back to get rid of water but i only got water in the scoop when it rained heavy

Cheers mate, still can't believe how long it's taking me to finish this blimmen spoiler off, keep on finding the odd caved in fibreglass where the resin hadn't got to, my own fault though.

Cheers mate, still can't believe how long it's taking me to finish this blimmen spoiler off, keep on finding the odd caved in fibreglass where the resin hadn't got to, my own fault though.

if you did a rush job the wing would look ####e in the end wouldnt it...just keep telling yself that :p

The scoop looks good,But what if it's rain?
I thinks it's not good for the engine?
You don't need buckets getting in there but engines run better in a damp atmosphere.
You can buy water injection kits that spray water mist into the inlet using the washer resovoir...
Looking forward to the finished spoiler,it's a labour of love that drags on & on innit..would be a useful mod for owners without a rear wiper..

LOL @ the whole car... no offence
Good to see something different going on,give the man a chance it's not finished yet!

Cheers for the Comments guys. And yes to the Labour Of Love, lol. I've sprayed the spoiler with Primer, and it's looking great, just a couple of nicks I've got to smooth out round the edges but the top of it is looking great, might have to get myself some more China Blue Paint.

Just a mini update nothing serious and no the spoiler isn't finished yet been too busy and I hate not working on it.

Anyway went to Scrappers today (cooper bridge) and asked how much for a radiator and they said £25, my jaw dropped and walked out. Went to scrappers outside middleton and they said £10. So I got myself a Almera radiator and pipes also a belt to use as I'm taking Aircon motor/pump out.

Thats all.

Update: Upper Strut & Radiator Test Fit.

Evening all, haven't updated in a while, had to restart the spoiler due to mis-understanding, arrgh!

Anyway, noticed a few of you have a replacement Upper Strut Support fitted, usually peeps with bonnet pins fitted. So over the past 3 days I've made my own.

The Top one is the current upper strut. Bottom one is the one I made.
3840813992_def7309306.jpg

Just a close up of the ends.
3840814338_a05248e4e0.jpg

Fitted. Just need to get some silicone to make it water tight to prevent rust from starting.
3840025297_6107696272.jpg

Another pick of it fitted. Just need to mount the 2 x horns.
3840814978_e1ddd3f8b8.jpg

A pic with the bonnet closed to see if there is any faults.
3840024355_5629af7f8f.jpg

Right Last but not least, I believe in a previous post I mentioned about a Almera/Primera radiator I got from the scrappies well today I did a test fit you all might laugh you heads off, well because I did but I think it looks mean.
f
f
f
f
f
f
f
f

3840815402_c5b471c50a.jpg

Seriously you can get off the floor now.

One problem though, where I want the Rad, the Lamba sensor sticks into the radiator.

it has to sit at a slight angle dont it? i fitted one to my micra years ago and i think it was further out at the front and sloped up at the top, i also sprayed mines black

Yeah, radiators get really hot, VHT paint is pretty cheap now, mask off 'K11' or something first and it'll look really nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back