• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Blog of the China Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil since youre into your led's neons and lighting have you thought of getting them oval shaped fog/driving lights into the bumper? The sports models have them it would good.

3242299004_f4d063b&#97.jpg car_id_5806_1..jpg micra2..jpg

Ey up Ahmed, yeah I had thought about that, but I have something else in mind, I'm thinking of fitting some SCANIA truck Fog & Main beam units. Got a pair at work just waiting for me to buy them. There should be a picture earlier on in the blog, it's the blue lamp.

Also Phoned Ed today so I'll be getting those reducers by Tuesday, woop woop.

but i dont think these scania are a straight fit? they would look good full beam and a fog not bad. big day on tuesday then.

scania..jpg

They're not a straight fit, I have to make my own holes and everything. Tuesday, I can't wait, though looking at the weather this am it's going to be rain. Crepe.

Some progress on my car.

Removed the whole dash (what a job) so I can fully remove the Air Con which is now done. Also to fit a Positive Pass Through block so the battery can be fitted in the boot. As the Dash is off I'm going to paint to match the car.

Dash Be Gone, this was a right job not looking forward to re-assembly.
4511621880_2930253304_o.jpg

Here's the dash waiting to be taken to work, to be cleaned, plastic primered and painted.
4511622040_a447d52f73_o.jpg

Red Positive Pass Through block, this thing is off a 3000w inverter but can handle upto 6000w. On the inside of the car the positive cable will go to a Kill Switch then onto the battery using a fancy red cable. I'm going to get some heavyduty connectors to I can connecty the existing battery cable to this point. Also I have a red cover to protect from accidental shorts.
4510982487_6e8c97f3b2_o.jpg

Also popped down to my local car accessory dealer who I haven't seen in over a year, surprised that he asked if I still had the Micra, Now that's customer service. Anyway bought some body filler so I can cough cough carry on doing my spoiler. Might actually get it done.

And haven't finished yet, bought a 65mm dent puller off ebay which should arrive this week. 99p so I hope it can get the dent out of the boot.

I LOVE THIS WEATHER WHEN THERE ISN'T A CLOUD IN THE SKY (Y)

Well 31 today and booked the day off work so I can spend some time with the Micra, just my luck that it was wet until 2ish. So really spent 2 hours on the car with a little update.

Inserted Upper Rubber Supports to the radiator, had to cut the circular ones down to size.
Fitted Bonnet Arm Holder.
Cut out the Boot Carpet to use as a template so I can board it out.
General Tidy around the car.
Removed Plastic sides which the Parcel Shelf sits on plus carpeting around that area.

Nothing much really, having trouble trying to remove the Back Seat Base, can anyone help? It seems to be stuck near the front of the seat and nothing obvious on how to remove.

Happy birthday mate! As for the rear seat, if it's anything like a prefacelift you just have to give it a good yank and the metal prongs that are holding it down will pop out (Y)

Cheers Minty, Yeah I had a look in the haynes manual, didn't say those exact words, but its what I did, They're in there pretty good as I was practically lifting the whole car.

To lift the rear seat base you need to pull the little tab in the middle at the back. Then the front has 2 10mm bolts

Some Updates from Today at work and home.

Well I have finally finished the pass through for the battery cable, you may laugh but I had to use 30mm piece of copper piping to use as an in-line connector to extend the cable so it's not taking any strain.

4604773046_47c7f2db4f.jpg

Also this week I have been doing my dash, so here's a sneak peak of the process so far.

Air Vents:

4604159149_263631c532.jpg

I have assembed the white ones as they've been primered and Laquered.

4604772392_30dc4a8ab4_o.jpg

Dash:

There's a masked off section which is going to be white, this will have the Blue vents in.
4604158897_d4f7088861_o.jpg

4604159041_bee70b0a88_o.jpg

I can't wait till tomorrow, when I'm going to laquer it all then Monday re-assemble Mikey5, lol.

Comments welcome.

Cheers Seb, well here is the finished Project and Fitted. Very Happy with the end result.

4622434758_e4d1b4aa05.jpg

4621828047_412727c260.jpg

4621828361_9286cd6f45.jpg

All I have to do now is redo the Cowl, Centre Console Stretch (Stereo Area, Lower Compartment, Gearstick Area and Handbrake Area.)

Might even have a go at respraying that gearknob, looks awful. White or Blue thats the question.

Spoke to Ed @ Fusion Motorsport and should have my Angled Hose Reducers here by Friday if not early next week.

Been working my ass off during my lunchtimes trying to get this Spoiler Finished. It's looking good but I think I might need to fit some supports but I'll see when it's finished and if it flexes at all. Well Here's some pictures of the progress so far.
The 2 pictures below I have lightly sprayed the spoiler so when I'm sanding it'll show up the bits I've missed.

4624890780_806dc3bd8b.jpg

4624286733_0f0bc1a08f.jpg

Found quite a few bits, some more filler and back to it on Monday.

4624891084_0061175f5f.jpg

Also I've bought some more Plastic Primer and White Primer to do the GloveBox and Knobs for the Heater Control Unit, I've noticed there is a clear plastic part which I assume lets light through when you put your sidelights on, just for the record the Heater Control unit takes 501 bulbs so I've fitted mine with Blue LED's.

Sorry for the Massive update, just one more thing, lol. Saw this on ebay:

GlowShift Performance Gauges
tacho_silver&blue_large.jpg

Only measures at 44mm smallest I've seen, so let the saving begin. Also did a search on Youtube to see what it's like and I found a full install guide. Looks Good. GLOWSHIFT INSTALL it's about 5 minutes long so it takes a while to load.

Just a little update, managed to spend 1 1/2 hours on the Micra today while my son slept in the Focus.

So today I managed to do the following:
1. Got all the pipes in for the radiator just need two hose clips before I fill him up with anti-freeze etc.
2. Connected up the battery, now the car can tell the time and I can use keyless entry. Can't believe I've got 3/4 of a tank and he's done 121k miles.
3. Connected up the horns, though still needing for find out what cables I use for the horn at the steering wheel.

Just so close, buy Wednesday I'm hoping to get the Micra started. And I can wire in the Rear Lamps.

Well got all my hose clips on, filled the radiator all I have to do now is start the engine to get the water pumping through.

Well that didn't work, engine turned over a little then died, even the LCD display has gone off.

Quick Update Being Fathers Day in All. My Son (via my wife, lol) has got me a Rev Counter and I have been searching for a good place to fit it that I don't think some one has tried yet. And is also visible.

4718426928_4df8630454_m.jpg
<><><><><><><>
4718449558_6e9f7859c8_m.jpg

I've removed the cowl to see if there is space behind that area for the Tacho and there is so thats what is on the books this week at work.

Cheers Mr. Migs(Y). Already started making the hole etc for the rev counter, currently in place with Fibre Glass.

Quick Update, Rev Counter mounted.

4732987401_ff779624f5.jpg

Car started with the help of some Engine Start Spray, Ticked over for about 10 seconds until the spray dissapeared. So booked Friday off and I'm going to clean the injectors and check the Spark Plugs and give it another go.

Wow! Havent had a look at your blog for a while pal. Great work on the dash. Looks like a factory finish fair play.

Great to see someone doing something different with the rev counter too :grinning:

Here we go, finished product all I have to do now is wire the Rev Counter up.

4747144962_015eedcbef.jpg

In this picture, I have also finished the Fuse Box Cover and Lower Drivers Shelf.

4747144858_cec84f7940.jpg

Glove Box Open and Closed, Blue LED strip fitted under the handle (Not on in the pics though)

4747144780_8e71dae1f0_m.jpg
4747144680_66821796f3_m.jpg

And a quick picture outside the Micra, desperatley needs a clean.

4746503145_909c0bd2eb.jpg

Next things on the list are:

• Clean Injectors (Friday)
  • Buy Landrover Fog/Main Beam Accessory Lamp Units (worth around £300)
  • Buy Side Skirts
  • Modify Front Bumper to have a custom splitter
  • Board out the boot to house the kill switch

Cheers for the positive comments guys, quick update for you all.

I had today off so I can strip down the fuel rail and injectors, cleaned them up but could use the O-Rings I got from work because they were different sizes. So I cleaned the old ones up and lubed them and re-inserted them back onto the Fuel Rail and Injectors.

Re-assembled them but something didn't seem right, seemed a bit loose even after tightening the rail bolts to 19Nm. Connected all the hoses back up and tried to start and saw some smoke, turned everything off and used the kill switch there was petrol pooring out from the injectors. Arrrgh.

The other thing my fuel rail and injectors are slightly different to the haynes manual.

Anyway before giving up, took everything off again and double checked that everything was in place put back together and same thing. POOO!

New seals I think, but I have to clean the house as I have some friends coming around tonight then if I have time I might have one more go.

4754219183_1c96b7664b.jpg

4754860362_42e56ab419.jpg

4754860400_9337c5d39d.jpg

4754219329_66a37aa023.jpg

Haven't really been on here in a while... Your interior is ABSOULTELY STUNNING! same for the outside too! Well done! (Y)

Cheers Shaun,

I did do a third attempt on the Injectors, this time I had noticed when removing the injectors from the fuel rail, the Rubber O-Rings came off inside the Rail. This is where I assumed they went in first then the injectors, but they go on the injector then into the rail. Hey Presto no leakages but I've drained my batteries so they're charging today.

4757665581_41faf4466c.jpg

Nope, Charged both the Main Car Battery and Powerpack, connected the powerpack at the engine terminals and tried to turn him over but a little turn and thats it. Feel like I'm going backwards instead of forwards. :down:

Might have to place the main battery maybe behind the passenger seat but don't understand why it's not turning over. What a Ball Ache.

Major update - the micra is alive ! ! ! !

Well after weeks of trying to figure out what could be up with my car today I had brought home a RCB322 from work, this hefty thing is small but packs a punch as it connects to the Mains and has a 150A engine start function. And this function works(Y).

Connected to the battery in the boot, and it still struggled to turn the car over but connected to the front of the Micra and first Crank he came ALIVE! I literally had the biggest GRIN :grinning: on my face. GOD he sounds good, the Engine Sucking in the Air, a nice little rumble from the Exhaust.

Also had wired up my POD Lights as the original wiring was wrong. So nearly there, Rev Counter wasn't working like, but must be another bad earth, lol.

Good to her you got it going. It might be you need a new battery, it should then start ok. Batteries don't like being sat for a while. I have a new battery lying around, PM me if you want it.

Cheers Guys, Olly I don't think it'll be the battery as I know about looking after them and have been charging it every 3 months with another Ring product, lol.

Nah, I take it back when I finished with it, the RCB322 is an improved sample so testing was required, lol.:laugh:

Cheers Seb, well here's a video of the guage working, found out that I hadn't connected the cigarette plug to the connector hence why the rev counter wasn't working:doh:.

The video is nothing fancy just the rev counter working and a bit of the engine, lol.

[video=youtube;QHNQU1bxqE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHNQU1bxqE0[/video]

No updates as such, though I have got a left hand SAXO side skirt to play with, needs a little adjustment but I would have to remove the bump strips on my doors. Not 100% sure they suit the Micra, might be better off looking at the scrappers for OEM fitting skirts.

4840765952_41d7813c3b.jpg

4840766046_1f6d3de7ff.jpg

4840155785_147b9fab76.jpg

For those of you who coke in the box full and collect the points, I had spent 5 points on a Kalidescope for your camera (Works better with a Mobile Camera) so I've taken two for a laugh.

4840155663_78118f61fb.jpg
4840765814_d59c70ed26.jpg

no to the skirts mate, yes to getting rid of the door strips. also would make the front end alot nicer with black bonnet grills ;)

only thing with skirts is they hide the sill welds well(tongue twista)
nice vid with rev counter

Cheers for the comments guys, I agree with what you saying Steve, going to keep an eye out of OEM skirts and flaps. As for the bump strips I'll have a think as I quite like them protecting my doors, lol.

Whats goin on with the fuel tank gauge? :)

Er, good question I have never noticed that... It's like it's reving with the counter, maybe it's telling me how much petrol I was using, lol. Definately have to sort that one out.fwn

Cheers for pointing that one out Alex.(Y)

Er, good question I have never noticed that... It's like it's reving with the counter, maybe it's telling me how much petrol I was using, lol. Definately have to sort that one out.fwn

Cheers for pointing that one out Alex.(Y)

Good News, I had the car running yesterday while I was mowing the lawn and the petrol gauge has sorted itself out funnily enough. Got a new rocker cover gasket on order as well.

Only thing is when I stopped the engine after 15 minutes and tried starting again nothing, just a slight turn over, so the battery has to be stuffed.:down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back