• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

the swede's blog

the swede

Ex. Club Member
So, after reading blogs on the MSC forum for some time now (started with modded micra and then I was caught), I thought it was time to register and start my own. My Micra looks so dull right now... (In comparison to the most of the Micras here that is)

And, here it is: the swede's blog!

"The swede", you might wonder, "is he really a swede?". And, yes I am! Living in Gothenburg, Sweden and working at a bank. (Not a job to talk loud about these days, but anyway... )

Before I start modding there's a few things I want to make clear:

1. I am not a wizard in the garage. The only thing I've ever done is changing air & oil filters, sparkplugs and tires, so there will be no engine swappings going on here. :grinning: (Not for starters anyway) As I've learned this is a really nice community and I don't think Ive seen a single unfriendly post, I'm sure I will get some help from other members. =)

2. Because of nr 1, my girlfriend (who has actually paid the most of the car. :glare: It was however cheaper if I owned it and paid the insurance... So she wrote it over to me...) is reluctant of letting me near it. And I can't blame her. When I was to change the stereo in her old car, I just plugged it in, not realising that the cables didn't match up. That was when I learned that connecting the battery to the spaker output wasn't good...

3. My girlfriend (who I really care about, but also has a temper... :laugh:)used to live with a guy that spent more time and money on his car than with her, so I won't be able to spend loads of time and money on the car. I also have to explain to her why I am making the mods.

These things influence how this blog will look like, because my mods will have to:

a) don't cost to much. (I've set a limit to 1000 swedish crowns/month. That is about 85 pounds) Hopefully, this blog can lead to tips of mods that doesn't cost to much. (I've seen that I am not the only one here that wants to mod his Micra, but has got a restricted budget)

b) be fairly easy (in the beginning anyway, hopefully I will learn things along the way)

c) be pretty easy to explain to my girlfriend... (or cheap enough for her not to care...):grinning:

Now you know what this blog is going to be about. I will soon post my first updates with pictures of my car and keep you updatd on the cost per month.

Money spent on the car in May: 10 pounds on MSC membership :grinning:

the swede

...ordered a central locking system and boot popper from rightclick.co.uk (like everyone else... :grinning:). Began with that, since my gf always said "It would be great with a central locking system".

So she has already come up with the explanation to why I'm doing this mod... :grinning:

It cost me GBP 68,90 with shipping.

Money spent on the car:

May
MSC Bronze membership GBP 10,00
Central locking system and boot popper: GBP 68,90

Total
GBP 78,90

Left to spend in May: GBP 6,10 (feel fre to make suggestions)

Nice, do you have much experience with spray painting? Colour coding is a good cheap way of smartening up the exterior.. Then alloys and lowering springs to improve handling (and safety!)

Always a good idea to start by reading blogs ;)
Sounds good but put some pics up!
Oh and NeX on here is moving somewhere near Gothenburg I think with his girlfriend, so you will have to start the swedish branch of the MSC :D

Nice, do you have much experience with spray painting? Colour coding is a good cheap way of smartening up the exterior.. Then alloys and lowering springs to improve handling (and safety!)

No, I don't have much experience with spraypainting, but am planning to get. =) I am searching for alloys, but haven't decided yet... Are the lowering springs hard to install?

Always a good idea to start by reading blogs ;)
Sounds good but put some pics up!
Oh and NeX on here is moving somewhere near Gothenburg I think with his girlfriend, so you will have to start the swedish branch of the MSC :D

Oh, why moving to Gothenburg? It is almost the same as England, rainy and all, but crappier football teams. And very few modded micras... ;)

P5230211.jpg

Headunit. Will be replaced. Soon... =)
P5230212.jpg

P5230213.jpg

Chromed exhaust tip. Doesn't do much, but it looks a little bit better anyway. (In waiting of a real exhaust...)
P5230214.jpg

Rear speaker. Works. That's about it.
P5230216.jpg

Engine bay. Need cleaning. And new airfilter. And new manifold. And...
P5230217.jpg

his girlfriend lives in sweden. I'm sure he can tell you exactly where it is, hes over there at the moment infact.

woo a swedish person :D finally, i thought that there was no such thing as a modded micra in sweden lol

where abouts in Gothenburg are you? i am planning to move to a little town about an hour away called Kärna near Kungälv which is north of Gothenburg. I will be over in July with my convertible micra so we should have the first ever Swedish micra meet lol

the car looks good mate, there are millions of things you can do that are nice and cheap like de bump striping it and de badging it, also there may be a plan that i am bringing over some car parts so you can have some of them ;)

good luck with the little beast :D

Update

So, finally got around doing an update here. And on my Micra.

Since last time I've installed these:
http://www.micra.org.uk/album.php?albumid=42&pictureid=281

How they were fitted

Back door:
http://www.micra.org.uk/album.php?albumid=42&pictureid=283

Front door:
http://www.micra.org.uk/album.php?albumid=42&pictureid=282

And today i put these on: (the black thing around the handle, whatever it is called...)
http://www.micra.org.uk/album.php?albumid=42&pictureid=284

And also, a GA 16 airbox. Just have to tidy up the hose. Thinking about cutting of the flexy black bit.
http://www.micra.org.uk/album.php?albumid=42&pictureid=285

The little hose coming from the engine in to the air filter is a bit bent. What happens if this is squeezed shut?

Next on the list: New panel filter.

Back