• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Blog of the China Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers MM, I've been trying to work out where the best place to fit Bonnet Pins but there seems to be ideal holes in the bonnet subframe just behind the headlamps. but do I go for:

a) lockable recessed bonnet pins £25 est.
b) recessed bonnet pins £17 est. or
c) standard bonnet pins (non-recessed) £7-12 est.

The bonnet vent - Although i like your attempt i doubt its necessary for it.

Id personally remove the chrome bits i.e

Rear badges, washer jets.

Sort a better exhaust out.. honestly it looks like a sore thumb.

Than, get a new rear bumper, bonnet and to subtle mods.

Wheels look nice and the rear lights too. Im not being a tard and not being horrible.

The bonnet vent - Although i like your attempt i doubt its necessary for it.

Id personally remove the chrome bits i.e

Rear badges, washer jets.

Sort a better exhaust out.. honestly it looks like a sore thumb.

Than, get a new rear bumper, bonnet and to subtle mods.

Wheels look nice and the rear lights too. Im not being a tard and not being horrible.

Are you actually trying to tell someone how to customise THEIR car, maybe you'd do your car differently but a lot of work has gone into this one and he's doing it his way

Hear, hear.

As to the exhaust, I'm hoping to one day have two pipes coming from the engine to the rear of the vehicle with two Cherries and two twin exhausts.

Evening all, haven't updated in a while, had to restart the spoiler due to mis-understanding, arrgh!

Anyway, noticed a few of you have a replacement Upper Strut Support fitted, usually peeps with bonnet pins fitted. So over the past 3 days I've made my own.

The Top one is the current upper strut. Bottom one is the one I made.
3840813992_def7309306.jpg

Just a close up of the ends.
3840814338_a05248e4e0.jpg

Fitted. Just need to get some silicone to make it water tight to prevent rust from starting.
3840025297_6107696272.jpg

Another pick of it fitted. Just need to mount the 2 x horns.
3840814978_e1ddd3f8b8.jpg

A pic with the bonnet closed to see if there is any faults.
3840024355_5629af7f8f.jpg

Right Last but not least, I believe in a previous post I mentioned about a Almera/Primera radiator I got from the scrappies well today I did a test fit you all might laugh you heads off, well because I did but I think it looks mean.
f
f
f
f
f
f
f
f

3840815402_c5b471c50a.jpg

Seriously you can get off the floor now.

One problem though, where I want the Rad, the Lamba sensor sticks into the radiator.

nice work mate(Y) dose this radiator work and what modle is this off :)

nice work mate(Y) dose this radiator work and what modle is this off :)

To be honest with you I haven't actually got round to fitting the radiator yet, I can't even remember if it was a Almera or Primera just get yourself down the scrapyard and have a look around, might need to make a few adjustments to the pipework and fitting but shouldn't be too much trouble (Fingers crossed).

Well here's a little update people, got some 13" Renault 5 Speedline Alloys fitted, which means I have downsized but I do have 5 matching alloys now, I'm sure not many people can say that, it was a bit dark when I took the photos so I will take some more later.

4012550490_6ace7e72e8.jpg

4011783215_70568839d1.jpg

4012552352_fc227c6f88.jpg

4011785107_4470990be0.jpg

Not sure if I want to keep them black or colour match them to my car. Also a picture of my very slow progress on my spoiler, this time more re-inforcement, more time taken as I don't want to rush. Honestly it should be done by Christmas but don't hold your breath, lol.

4012572888_5d6ed2bfb1.jpg

Nice, I had a set of those rims, need to be silver or white imo. Spoiler is coming along slowly (y) lol

I don't really want it lowering, just stiffer springs really, not sure on the colour yet, I think white would be too much.

Well just been messing around with Photoshop PSE 7 to see what my alloys would look like if I painted them in the colour scheme I'm going for.

Alloys Before.
4061834276_f8a4c5c5d4.jpg

Turbo Alloy Before.
4061095125_587d246eb7.jpg

Turbo Alloy Photoshopped.
4061098399_c1cb9bdeaa.jpg

Turbo Alloy Photoshopped onto the Micra.
4061841156_4681023263.jpg

LOL ypu have to excuse the Photoshopping I'm a beginner. Not quite 13" either, lol.

Comments please.

LOL Olly, I have chosen the other way because I'm having Blue LED's in the Arches to Light Up the Whiteness. But your MSPaint is better than my PSE Pro lol.

PDA Here Woo Hoo.

Well I've been waiting a while for this but now I have got it I have to learn how to use it before I start modding the interior.

PDA in Base with Wireless Keyboard.

4067759417_3ed09d8bcf.jpg

Wireless Keyboard.

4067761043_bda7ced794.jpg

4067760559_d9c1233b3c.jpg

First I'm going to see where the best place to mount it is.
Secondly find out if it can 100% be used with an amplifier.
Thirdly look on ebay for Additions such as a SATNAV card.

Ahh Don't Ask, lol.

I haven't touched it for about 2 months, and there's a thick layer of sawdust on it. I've run out of Resin, which is my excuse, would have bought some more but saw that I could get some Radiator mounts instead I have got them this month.

I have actually been working on the mounts today about 15/20 minutes removing the loose rust and 15 minutes drilling the rust eater because it's out of date, in date now and killed the rust.

Hopefully will be primering / painting them on Monday and if the weather is good mounting the radiator on the car next week, lol.

Me too, I started it in May for god sake...

Anyway once the radiator is on, next step is some hose reducers so I can actually connected it to the engine, lol.

Then I have to wire my battery through from the rear of the car to the front, because at the moment the battery is on the floor (outside the vehicle) when I start the car.

Me too, I started it in May for god sake...

Anyway once the radiator is on, next step is some hose reducers so I can actually connected it to the engine, lol.

Then I have to wire my battery through from the rear of the car to the front, because at the moment the battery is on the floor (outside the vehicle) when I start the car.

is this a car then becuase it sounds like a caravan :wasntme:
everything is outside when it works lol :blush:
good luck!

Well fitted my Steering Wheel on Wednesday and cut the Nissan Badge out of my old steering wheel and put on the horn. Ignore the rest of the mess in the car, lol.

4297736896_9aca70fc0b.jpg

4296991063_7fba69e193.jpg

Now I've got another Fibreglass kit I'm going to do my best to do my spoiler this week.

Evening all, haven't updated in a while, had to restart the spoiler due to mis-understanding, arrgh!

Anyway, noticed a few of you have a replacement Upper Strut Support fitted, usually peeps with bonnet pins fitted. So over the past 3 days I've made my own.

The Top one is the current upper strut. Bottom one is the one I made.
3840813992_def7309306.jpg

Just a close up of the ends.
3840814338_a05248e4e0.jpg

Fitted. Just need to get some silicone to make it water tight to prevent rust from starting.
3840025297_6107696272.jpg

Another pick of it fitted. Just need to mount the 2 x horns.
3840814978_e1ddd3f8b8.jpg

A pic with the bonnet closed to see if there is any faults.
3840024355_5629af7f8f.jpg

Right Last but not least, I believe in a previous post I mentioned about a Almera/Primera radiator I got from the scrappies well today I did a test fit you all might laugh you heads off, well because I did but I think it looks mean.
f
f
f
f
f
f
f
f
3840815402_c5b471c50a.jpg

Seriously you can get off the floor now.

One problem though, where I want the Rad, the Lamba sensor sticks into the radiator.

hi phil,
will the radiator sit in properly for the bonnet to close or will it need a bit adjusting and modifying?

Coming along nicely, I like the wheel, have you got a side view so we can see how dished it is?

Manny, The radiator is going to sit behind because of the lower pipe entrance to the radiator. Just some slight mods for the bracket locations.

Olly, I'll take a picture when it's sunny, but the box it came in was about 2" wide so it's not that deep.

Believe it or not but I have worked on the spoiler twice this week, lol.

Cheers Mark, but first things first, lol.

Olly, here's a side picture of the steering wheel.

4334504949_bceddf55d8.jpg

Cheers Olly, just noticed your last comment about the lower spoiler, if I can get one it would be cool but it will have to be added to my list of stuff todo:

Finish Spoiler.
Finish Radiator and Plumb.
Mount Battery In Boot +Kill Switch.
Remove Rear Seats.

I'm hoping that if I remove the rear seat but leave the backrest on the backrest should fold down level with the boot floor, but I don't know if that will work. Anyway back to the list:

New Gasket for rockercover.
Paint Alloys.
Modify Front Bumper.

I really must stop watching American Hotrod and Pimp My Ride keeps on putting ideas in my head, lol.

Cheers Olly, just noticed your last comment about the lower spoiler, if I can get one it would be cool but it will have to be added to my list of stuff todo:

Finish Spoiler.
Finish Radiator and Plumb.
Mount Battery In Boot +Kill Switch.
Remove Rear Seats.

I'm hoping that if I remove the rear seat but leave the backrest on the backrest should fold down level with the boot floor, but I don't know if that will work. Anyway back to the list:

New Gasket for rockercover.
Paint Alloys.
Modify Front Bumper.

I really must stop watching American Hotrod and Pimp My Ride keeps on putting ideas in my head, lol.

have you had a short shifter put on?

No I haven't, don't really plan to though I was thinking of cutting it shorter by about 2" or so.

I've got the lower mounts already, only because I have the rubber supports for the radiator fitting.

Marked out where I have to cut the upper support so I can get the radiator in properly, fitted the front bumper on as I don't need it off to fit the radiator and gave the inside a general tidy as it was looking a S**t hole.

Cut the upper support this week using a grinder, quite pleased with how it turned out as it was my first time using a grinder, quite scary at first, lol.

Also took in my drivers side headlamp into work to pimp it out, can't be bothered to save up and get sa new glass lens just yet.

Well I've been really busy today, haven't got any pictures as yet as the batteries are flat in my camera. Loving the suny weather about time too, anyway here's what I've been upto:

Installed Radiator including drilling holes for the lower mounts (Not Plumbed yet as I need pipe reducers)
Fitted my vehicles eyesite with a difference but you'll soon see.
Installed Upper Support with correct cut outs for the radiator to fit in, perfect job if you ask me, very happy with what I've done.

Well It's still Sunny and not a cloud in the sky, so I'm going back out there, might take out the back seats, lol.

Here's some Pictures Now, I managed to remove the rear backrest and seat belts in the later part of the afternoon. Also Ahmed popped round to open mouth his bumper a bit more.

4413716645_6994970648.jpg

4414491310_464f80a6e9_m.jpg

4414489230_cd673195aa_m.jpg

The Bulb is a +30% brighter bulb, only one I could use with the yellow bulb covers. Think I might swap for Extreme Blue +50% so I have the fully blue reflection instead of a yellow reflection.

4413714439_c6eca612ae.jpg

4414475270_f47b109caf.jpg

4414480254_cbfbdd7d0d_m.jpg

The chrome piping is off a stand lamp which you find in your living room, luckily I found this next to the bin at work and it was the perfect size.

Comments Welcome....​

Cheers Olly, I am so happy that the car has his eyes back he's starting to look like a near finished project, lol.

Also so happy that I had'nt given up with the radiator, just need those reducers. If all goes well and the rad doesn't leak going to spray paint that baby white.

go-on phil you allmost done it. you will finish it off in no time now. weathers better. some good work there. id go for the extreme blue

Yes it does need a clean, lol. There's moss along the seams on the windows. He'll get a clean next weekend. Maybe even a wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back