• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andy_S Micra SR20 - Done Properly

Clutch on it's own won't make a difference to the current system, but the lightened flywheel will. However, the uprated clutch will support more power increasing mods than a standard flywheel.

Get the crank lightened and balanced :) its a worthwhile job.
The flywheel will help you gain/lose revs at a higher speed. Where a standard clutch would slip. With that in mind you can accelerate through the gears a bit quicker and lose rpm enough to increase engine braking. No increase in bhp but its freed up the existing power :)
So far you've done everything right in my eyes :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374170069.181564.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374170155.794915.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374170227.006151.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374170360.951949.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374170395.339000.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374170482.907409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm using bits off the old engine like injectors for my n/a engine and also thinking of pulling it apart to check bottom end etc

However if u want the engine without injectors make me a offer

OK, that is fine, I am starting my next conversion next week but I am going Nitro, so hopefully will be good. Was hoping you would sell the down pipe and turbo. How much for the engine once you have removed the injectors, thanks, Tegslayer

With standard injectors ill sell to u £100 as I could get around £90 for the pulsr pistons and rods plus you did help me when I snapped a cam ;-)

That's just the engine no turbo no manifold no gearbox.

Also comes with stage 2 clutch which is "apparently" good for 300bhp they said. Done less than 200 miles!

Well I leave my current job after 6 years next Friday and I start a new one the Tuesday after and ill be home every night so progress will be made on the micra quicker! I've not been home for the past 6 weeks except weekends but been doing other things like weddings, parties etc lol

Hopefully get engine in and running sweet by end of sept!

no worries fella.

Progress will be made this wednesday and thursday evenings as ill be working on the car getting engine in position and redoing all the engine mounts. pics to come

We cut a piece of steel like a box shape which can be folded to make a box lid. Then we recessed the lid in and welded all around it. We have doubled the strength this way. We only cut a layer out and replaced it with thicker steel and stronger

We cut the chassis due to pulley keeps hitting the side. This has happened on two of my micras now so we have cut it out.

We cut a piece of steel like a box shape which can be folded to make a box lid. Then we recessed the lid in and welded all around it. We have doubled the strength this way. We only cut a layer out and replaced it with thicker steel and stronger

We cut the chassis due to pulley keeps hitting the side. This has happened on two of my micras now so we have cut it out.

What mounts/shaft setup you running ?
Just interested to know as ive done 20.000miles on my sr20 micra with no rubbing still running all pulleys too.

Slowly getting there. Working on it once a week

Engine ready for painting

arusy9u2.jpg

Engine bay painted

8aquqa2a.jpg

Engine going green

Right before engine goes in I'm after some cams!

I've got lightened flywheel and apparently cams will also make more power for me. Although it might idle lumpy (so I'm told) the pickup power would be immense. Anyhow I'm after some advice info

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...cams-performance-camshaft-fast-road-profile-2

Demon tweets offer these. Now I know mine are roller rocker engines however what the hell is a CB20 engine? Would these fit? Also it says

Notes: Generating an order online will supply a blank cast camshaft.

So would I receive a direct replacement part or a blank camshaft?

Also would I need uprated valve springs?

I've also seen some engine pulleys aluminium off eBay for £50. But says for sr20det 200sx. Surely there is no difference is there? They would fit a almera gti?

Thanks

CB20 is the Sunny Gti-R engine (according to google)
Or the nissan CB20 is a bus

Cams move power up the powerband. So lower down suffers. If your using this as a daily don't go for mad profiles or it will run lumpy as has been said
With a cam upgrade a good spring upgrade is recommended :)

Demon tweeks don't do cam grinding so I think you'd receive a blank one. If in doubt give em a ring

Iirc all pulleys are the same just varies with accessories a/c, pas etc

Personally I'd speak to Ed before you buy any cams or speak to Piper directly if you're already sold on a cam from them.

As for the blanks reference, it just means they are ground from a genuine blank and are not a regrind of a supplied cam, hence the price difference. You won't receive a unprofiled blank.

Any reference to CB20 is just a typo carried over to all the retailers like DT, Partbox etc who are just shoving product with little specific knowledge to notice.

Brill cheers ordered fast road cams for roller rockers as I phoned them up

Also bought g max suspension kit as my shockers were shocking (excuse the pun) ly rubbish and the body roll was like wtf! Lol

Personally I'd speak to Ed before you buy any cams or speak to Piper directly if you're already sold on a cam from them.

As for the blanks reference, it just means they are ground from a genuine blank and are not a regrind of a supplied cam, hence the price difference. You won't receive a unprofiled blank.

Any reference to CB20 is just a typo carried over to all the retailers like DT, Partbox etc who are just shoving product with little specific knowledge to notice.

Sorry pal I never saw ur comment pop up on tapatalk!

I only went with demon tweeks cause of the buy now pay later thing. I did speak to someone there and they said if I go for the ultimate road I would need uprated valve springs so I didn't bother.

Hopefully once it's all in and fitted I'll get it dyno'd.

Cancel the order and get some Tomei Poncams from Nengun.

They are the best drop in cam available for the roller rocker engine.

No member on the AOC have ever had notable results from using Piper Cams.

The biggest gains in NA form are with a good exhaust manifold.

I won't be turboing this engine. Got another project for that turbo engine ;-) rwd micra lol first gonna get this on the road.

Well I ain't happy. Demon tweeks emailed me. The suspension is out of stock till February!!!! Gonna see if they can do anything for me as I've paid for it all and it said delivered within 9 days on their website. Wonder if I can blah coilovers at £960 for half the price lol

Get hold of jerrick at Meisterr he can supply k11 coilovers, probably a lot cheaper than you would expect.

Jerrik only did one set, I tried to get him to do another and he'd decided against doing any more. This was a few years back, so maybe times have changed but he was pretty firm on it then.

I'm gonna get the avo track coilovers. It's a lot of money but I don't plan on selling the car anytime soon! I want it to handle brilliantly

Back