Got some work done

Glen

Club Member
2 days ago decided to find out why my passengers footwell was wet. that was just the start of things. I went the whole hall and pulled out all the interior to see if it could find the problem. once striped there was no sign of it coming in. so when i stripped the car i noticed that there was a few fusty parts that might let water in. well i took a screw driver to them and few minutes later there was a couple of wholes in the car. out comes the welder so got my dad to weld the inside up so all was fine then he decides to see what work is need to sort the sills well he poked a holes into it but most of the sills where ok but needed patched so the day got the n/s sill all sorted ready for painting soon. still got to sort the drivers side. When i first bought the car and got it home i noticed that the drivers door had dropped so i decide yestarday to take the wing off and sort the hinges as nissan likes to charge a fortune for them so when i took the wing off i found a huge pile of earth behind the wing so i clean that all out and then though the other side will be the same which it was. so by about 5 today i had the car in pieces and the wings off so i decide to call it a day. until i got bored later on and decide to potter on it when i noticed 2 pipes on the inside of the quarter panels so pulled them out and found out that nissan designed the sunroof drains to go into the sills which seems to cause them to rot. So i fed the pipe to the back and there is an air vent under the rear lights which the pipe fits through and out side so a tip for people to relocate there drain pipes. so i tried to pour water in the drian to see if it cured the problem but no there is four pipes which all pour into the sills so found the other 2 and drilles 2 holes in the sills and extended the pipes to the out side so that seems to have sorted the rotting sills problem and the wet floor that all this started with.

Back