• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andy_S Micra SR20 - Done Properly

I'm a sucker for the standard look, so naturally this confuses me slightly. That said it's your car man, do crazy things to it and enjoy doing it. I look forward to seeing the result.

yme8aba3.jpg
hugygeza.jpg
a6a9u8yd.jpg

Look at the room!

pe9upany.jpg

Once this sr20 Micra is finished we were contemplating on doing a VR6 powered Micra too lol

a4e3e7e3.jpg
cut bonnet front end off

yhaha4ap.jpg

The master at work getting creative

ydabequ7.jpg
y3ejany7.jpg

Grinding down the golf front slam panel rear for welding bolts to it to align up with Micra holes

vyre4uza.jpg
bonnet refitted, wing trimmed to fit but needs a bit more cutting back and incorporate golf wing headlight section.

We had a idea of using the golf bonnet as it is which is 2" wider each side therefore we would have to bring the wings out making the front end look wider, however I doubt that would happen but here's a pic of how much 2" wider would be.
ere2ynus.jpg

Well front end shouldn't be that hard as I have the bumper the wings the grill the bonnet all off the golf lol

It was my intention to get custom badges however I'm unsure how to do it. Should I just use those chrome letters and spell it myself? Or is a Micra badge and a golf badge and merge them together. Hmm

Get a normal Nissan badge made, but with the word NISSWAGON in the Nissan font, then try and get the word MILF in the Micra font. Would look awesome.

My mate doing more work to the wing cutting both Micra and golf wings and welding together. Gonna be awesome when done. My mate is in his element at the moment.

I AM wide arching the Micra too and the golf front end will be 'bad boy' styled with a twist!

Anyhow progress pics

tygavu8e.jpg

Then added bit of golf bonnet

eza5e9ud.jpg

Lyniching (spelling) down the welds so it's smooth
agena3at.jpg

e6anahyj.jpg

Bit more welding
apyqyrap.jpg

End result for today.
yny9ymez.jpg

Spent about a hour and a half on it tonight as was stripping the black Micra

More pics soon

Well yeah the grinding disc has a different texture on the bottom which looks like sandpaper to me but for metal. I'll get a pic of the disc

More progress. Done a few lips for the custom wing to bolt to the chassis and liniched the win up ready for fiberglassing and body filler. gonna make it look as factory as possible :)

Pics coming soon as forgot to take some haha.

Back