• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

SR20 Micra

More parts came today

20130508_200449.jpg

20130508_200457.jpg

What are they

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

go on, do tell. Cause I was wondering how I could do mine, need to uprate radiator and intercooler. I wasnt to sure if you have to get pipes made custom or you could use a method similar to intercooling. Just get bends and make the lenghts using pipe?

Im using a civic radiator. I had to buy reducers for the 2.0 as the water outlet size is 32mm and the civic rad is 28mm and im using the solid and flexi pipe to make my custom piping.

Went to glens and we got his radiator fitted and top pipe hooked up, this 'flexy' pipe was no use so he had to buy another 32-28 reducing elbow and a 28mm elbow heres how it looks, such a tight fit!

We also got his bonnet pins cut out

Also heres how to get them symetrical, cut an a4 piece of paper to shape of bonnet and cut out hole for pin

Flip it over and mark onto bonnet and cut out

Looking good

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

What and how you fix the radiator?

What and how you fix the radiator?

Solid mounted on the crossmember, 2x13mm holes and the pins that stick out just slot in as they're tapered, slam panel to be fitted and that'll hold it down

Was over at glen's again briefly to try an sort his map out (from gtir-gti) as hes hoping to mot the car within a month. Was just a case of picking an sr20 map from the nistune rom pack (theres loads!) and loading it onto the ecu. At first the car was very lumpy etc so a quick resize of the injectors from 370-259 and it now starts and idles perfectly, took a couple of pics whilst there

What? Scrap it? Why is everyone on this forum so keen to scrap a car with a few problems? Surely it's easier to rectify those small issues than to start again, go on, you know you can fix it!

Us it still being emissions tested by stock engine standards? Or have they got sr20 levels to test against? If they haven't its never gonna pass lol

Well got the car on the ramp and had a good look at the car and only found a few of the issues i cant seem to find the issues with the rear suspension mouning points excessivly corroded.

So here is the rear panhard rod mounting bracket issue.
IMG-20130603-WA0003.jpg

After poking about
IMG-20130603-WA0009.jpg

Found a hole in the passangers side rear sill
IMG-20130603-WA0004.jpg

I wonder if the chassi rails might have been the suspension mounting problems

One side
20130603_195928.jpg

Other side
IMG-20130603-WA0008.jpg

And found a few holes in the exhaust so need to weld them up
IMG-20130603-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20130603-WA0007.jpg

So if i sort the holes in the exhaust then the emissions should be fine

And welding up the rusty bits isnt that difficult either so should be on the road soon

Well got the car on the ramp and had a good look at the car and only found a few of the issues i cant seem to find the issues with the rear suspension mouning points excessivly corroded.

So here is the rear panhard rod mounting bracket issue.
IMG-20130603-WA0003.jpg

After poking about
IMG-20130603-WA0009.jpg

Found a hole in the passangers side rear sill
IMG-20130603-WA0004.jpg

I wonder if the chassi rails might have been the suspension mounting problems

One side
20130603_195928.jpg

Other side
IMG-20130603-WA0008.jpg

And found a few holes in the exhaust so need to weld them up
IMG-20130603-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20130603-WA0007.jpg

So if i sort the holes in the exhaust then the emissions should be fine

And welding up the rusty bits isnt that difficult either so should be on the road soon
Getting there man. Ah you got the rust bug too :(

The inner sill hole will be the suspension mount failure as its within the prescribed area of the mount for the trailing arm for the axle but the chassis rails might be counted too as there close

Right cant seem to get the emissions down so does anyone have an idea how i can change the fueling on nistune so the lambda reading voltage comes up?

To cheer myself up I bought sme gtir pistons and rods.

Screenshot_2013-06-17-15-00-07.png

i had a good search and I am struggling to find a sr20de map with a 4 branch manifold and induction kit.

Back