• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andy_S Micra SR20 - Done Properly

I not at home at moment mate. Will accept tonight about 10:30pm

And my Almera engine has oil filter on side and one in micra must be primera as its at the rear facin driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

will send it after work, at which poibt my colour scheme preference will be made apparent ;)

No rush I at work too won't be back till tonight again lol

Plus ill change its colour anyhow. Want to check colours for my micra lol

Cheers mate! Much appreciated. Anything u want back from gt5?

I have over a thousand cars mate, the only ones I nees left are too high value to gift lol. Been playing since the day it came out. It was a spare k11 anyway, I have another.

I have over a thousand cars mate, the only ones I nees left are too high value to gift lol. Been playing since the day it came out. It was a spare k11 anyway, I have another.

Lol ok mate cheers!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369953000.356517.jpg

Or

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369953014.748191.jpg

Both are fit!!

I got to say I love the orange body green wheels! Mmmmmm

I not at home at moment mate. Will accept tonight about 10:30pm

And my Almera engine has oil filter on side and one in micra must be primera as its at the rear facin driver

found out its the gti and gt versions of this engine that have the side filter. normal 2.0 sr's are rear facing

found out its the gti and gt versions of this engine that have the side filter. normal 2.0 sr's are rear facing

Well I've got a Almera gti engine and a primera engine both sr20s and the oil filter on primera is at rear. It was a 51 plate primera p11

got flywheel for £200 :)

ive been looking at cams too....tomei ones but cannot understand which ones ill need lol

Not yet not till engine is in. It won't be on road till its mapped though as I cut the extra injectors fully out lol this time it's being done properly

Hi Andy, the Micra you have has got an Almera GTI engine in it, the filter was relocated with the housing as there is limited space for the filter as it is situated on an Almera engine, all shells (bearings) and piston rings are standard. The conrods and pistons are from A Pulsar GTIR. This engine was first used in An Almera gti, then A primera and now in your Micra, See Nissan Primera Nurburgring, ita a 8 sec clip on Youtube running with the engine in it.

few things ive decided.

due to the lack of funds I cannot afford to get it remapped yet until after ive been on holiday to Australia in October (I want some spending money lol) so when I change the engine over it will have to stay as N/A non turbo for now. plus I miss driving her its driving me mad! I will however once im back from Australia be saving (what I put away each month) to get this ecu remapped for the turbo conversion.

I have got a lightened flywheel so should make it a tad bit quicker and ive just got to get the exhaust manifold off almera I kept fitted to the exhaust middle section and beyond. Other than that I shouldn't need to do anything else really to get it running again as I don't need to drill for oil or water lines, no intercooler piping, just realign the engine mounts up and tidy a few things up and she be back on the road.

be interesting to see the difference non turbo vs turbo feels and drives

also I need to convert the rear drums to discs if anyone knows how to and where I could source the parts.

Will also be stripping this current engine down and checking the crank, shells, pistons etc

And thanks tegslayer seems to make sense now lol

also I need to convert the rear drums to discs if anyone knows how to and where I could source the parts.

an axle change is usually a right mission andy (covered many times on here) but humphris do some converter brackets iirc :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371251089.370736.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371251134.454291.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371251203.911922.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371251224.002144.jpg

Tried out the green again on a body kit front bumper

Also added black holographic metal flake too

I like it

On another note look at how carboned those exhaust outlets are!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371251333.502372.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371251359.235872.jpg

This price may no be different so it's not rock

2 x Brackets 29.79
2 x Rear callipers (Micra) @ 127.49 each 254.98
2 x Rear discs @ 32.53 each 62.06
2 x Handbrake cables 108.21
Pads Mintex M1144 82.60
Fixing bolts and clips 5.00
Total 542.64
VAT 108.53
TOTAL 651.17

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This price may no be different so it's not rock

2 x Brackets 29.79
2 x Rear callipers (Micra) @ 127.49 each 254.98
2 x Rear discs @ 32.53 each 62.06
2 x Handbrake cables 108.21
Pads Mintex M1144 82.60
Fixing bolts and clips 5.00
Total 542.64
VAT 108.53
TOTAL 651.17

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i wish i could get these parts for my micra. i will find one soon. :)

Engine out

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371420116.683643.jpg

Time to clean the engine bay up as cv boot split and grease went everywhere and I mean everywhere lol

Also tidying a few areas up ready for painting black

My other Almera gti engine will be going in once painted and before its fitted ill be installing the lightened flywheel and new thrust bearing

Need to sort a few mounts out to make it not rub against chassis

Gonna be mental! Can't wait

Lol andy or a man after my own heart.. Buy car nearly done. Re do all work. Out back together. Not that there anything wrong with it.. Just to say you did it haha

Lol andy or a man after my own heart.. Buy car nearly done. Re do all work. Out back together. Not that there anything wrong with it.. Just to say you did it haha

Haha if the engine didn't keep having issues I wouldn't be doing all that. But I think the problem was it wasn't remapped and the prev owner prob only did 1/4 mile runs. Where as I used it everyday around town, motorways etc

The prev owner is a awesome guy can't fault him and he came from stoke once when I snapped a cam and fixed it all for me but I reckon the overfueling caused this issue (predetonation)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373224078.222130.jpg

On the far left my standard flywheel
Next to it is my racing light flywheel
Next to that is my uprated clutch pressure plate (off almera)
And last one on the right is the 6 puck paddle clutch

Should be good power on the sr20de non turbo micra ;-)

Well clutch won't but flywheel will as it will spin up quicker through the rev range

Nope still shouldnt up the bhp by much if any (might gain some from transmission losses?), it will simply help rev the engine faster helping you get that power you already had down to the ground quicker.

Nope still shouldnt up the bhp by much if any (might gain some from transmission losses?), it will simply help rev the engine faster helping you get that power you already had down to the ground quicker.
Nobody is saying it gains any BHP, or even HP

Nope but andy is saying it should be good power now that he has these extra mods, im just telling him the power will remain the same

Well clutch won't but flywheel will

I also recommend supporting mods if you really want to use the flywheel well, the only engine mod to my car is a lightened flywheel and it does sweet FA!

Back