• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Adams Micra Blog

just had a look through your blog, car looks spot on! nice and simple but effective and not ott (Y)

Haha, i wanted to get a quick release boss aswell but the it would be on my face lol, ill just have to live without! but there so cool :(

if you want to use a quick relice you could play around with the runners on the seats to alow you to move the seat back a little more so the wheel isnt in your face?

The splitter is off a laguna :)

And unfortunately i already have the runners as far back as i can get them, im 6ft something and im still to close, i need to get proper side mounts but its getting the money for them at the moment as ive just started a new job and dont get paid untill the end of march :(

Originally Posted by -AdaM- View Post
Also ran into a mate i hadnt seen in a while and hes now got a micra. hes got a front bumper which he got from the scrappy that ive never seen before was just wundering if anyone knew what one it was?

Yo Adam,
this bumper is an official one, it's part number: 207626 it was featured in an official french Nissan brochure I bought, and was named: "aerodynamic kit" , composed of the bumper + side skirts :
aerop.jpg

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Nissan_Micra/nissan_micra.html
Nice price. LOLz?

Cheers

Seb

More pictures

Cleaned engine bay today :)

DSC00111.jpg

Picture of pulsar short shifter

DSC00112.jpg

And possible new colour for rocker cover?

DSC00113.jpg

-Update-

Been at my dads garage all day today and made some good progress :)

Smoothed off the letters on the rocker cover and primed ready for a proper coat of yellow :)

07032010052.jpg

Smoothed and filled front and back Super S bumpers!

07032010050.jpg

07032010051.jpg

Primed Bumpers :D

07032010053.jpg

07032010054.jpg

Adam

Great Job Adam, I was thinking about doing my rocker cover, but I want to get a new gasket first as oil is seeping through. I don't think yellow will go with the blue piping, then again I have put yellow and blue lights in my headlamps, lol.

Well im hopefully going to be getting black pipeing, or just wrap black electrical tape round the blue stuff lol :p

Rocker cover now painted in yellow, will be doing a black stripe down the middle (where the spark plugs go) tomorrow

DSC00115.jpg

i like the smoothed bumpers , you should have taken the driving lights out. im gonna be doing my super s bumpers any tips and advise on how to do a good spray job? did you use a spray gun?

i like the smoothed bumpers , you should have taken the driving lights out. im gonna be doing my super s bumpers any tips and advise on how to do a good spray job? did you use a spray gun?

preperation is the main key.

dont throw loads of paint on.

flat the primer properly.

always use a sanding block

failing all, bring them to me and ill do them you manny. iv'e got experiance from working in a bodyshop

im going to have the fogs on a toggle switch ( i like switches) :) so i wanted to keep them.

errm yeah lots of prep work, i used a spray gun but im not too sure how good a job its going to be.
Rocker cover was done by rattle can though and thats got a good shine on it at the moment, more updates on that tomorrow!

preperation is the main key.

dont throw loads of paint on.

flat the primer properly.

always use a sanding block

failing all, bring them to me and ill do them you manny. iv'e got experiance from working in a bodyshop

thanks for the offer. havent you got plenty to do with yours? i dont want to pile more work for you.

unfortunately not yet, shall have them done very soon hopefully just trying to find time to do it. i cant find the brackets i got with the bumpers when i bought them, do the normal ones still fit or do they have to be the super s ones?

Adam

unfortunately not yet, shall have them done very soon hopefully just trying to find time to do it. i cant find the brackets i got with the bumpers when i bought them, do the normal ones still fit or do they have to be the super s ones?

Adam

Ive had two super s bumpers the first one fitted without a problem the second didn't fit properly i forced it to fit. maybe depends when they were made. the pedals look good allways wanted to do this but never got round to it.

Great Blog you have here -ADAM- just had another browse through, quick question though. Have you managed to get the Air / Fuel Gauge working properly yet?

No i didnt manage to fix it, the gauge was faulty so i took it off, i have however just got these through the post thanks to shero :) !

DSC00141.jpg

yeah it did, ive still got it somewere lol but it was too loud for me.

im hopeing the wheels willl fill the arches when ive droped the suspention lol :)

fitted the coilovers today! sits a little lower imo but the ride is just awesome! will get some pics soon :grinning:

Nice car just read through all 6 pages... looking good! shame the paint on the manifold has started flaking? but good luck with the air / fuel gauge and get some pics up of the coilys!! (Y)
awesome!

Recent picture of the car, and the wheels i got off hoodedreaper have been re-painted just got the yellow rim to do now :)

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not been on here in a while

the micra has developed to many problems to try and fix so i bought a new one :grinning:

This one from alex!

micra2.jpg

Will keep you up to date with plans for it but its going trackdaying as soon as possible :grinning:

Very happy with it :D

Got a few plans for it at the moment, mostly swaping bits over from the old one to the new one! like coilovers and the full system! but can tell the differance in power already!

Decided on a colour scheme for the car its going black and orange :D

So i repainted one of the rocker covers i previoiusly had and started work on the front strut opinions on the colour?

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

Both rocker cover and front strut brace are now painted orange ready to go on the car :grinning:

IMG_0258.jpg

Done a few change overs on the car since last week!

Changed the suspention from the 55mm hol springs that came on the car to the d2 coilovers i had on the previous car :D

put the quick shift leaver from the old car on to this car too! swapped over the smoked side repeaters and painted the calipers orange..

What do you guys think?

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Back