• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

k11stew's Micra Blog

1008.jpg

Would of covered the rear shocks and springs etc mate, ive got yellow/red springs and shocks now too! lol

update on wor lasses car...

slow progress in the last few weeks with finishing off the yellow k11 and one of the lads leaving, but progress none the less...

front crossmember welded up...

B000-1.jpg

B001-1.jpg

B002-1.jpg

general prep, dints removed, more smoothing of locks, indicators, ariel etc...

B003.jpg

B004.jpg

removal of jap spec number plate holder from knackered bumper...

B005.jpg

B006.jpg

super s bumper chopped ready to fit jap spec plate holder!!...

B007.jpg

also...rear number plate recess is in the middle of getting shortened to make it central as it used to sit 2" to the left when i bought the bumper!, tailgate now smoothed aswell.

couple more weeks and should be done.

aye probs will be mate, his was in getting the front arches welded onto the back to make it a little bit wider when mine was in.!

This isn't meant to be offensive in anyway... but I like the way your lass's car is going better. Since it's you coming up with all of these FANTASTIC unique idea's I suppose I'm doing you no harm! ^^
I like your "lazy boy" bonnet and fiat bravo lights idea's!
The lass's car would look fanstastic in white... powder coated black wheels perhaps?
I'm looking forward to the finished product, i turst it'll be just as good as your first mirca! (and it's umpteen facelifts :p)
Good luck!

-JGti

sure is mate, theyre good lads and ive got no complaints with their work, which is unusual for me!!

todays progress pics to follow...

jap spec number plate holder fixed in place...

sss-1.jpg

cddcdc.jpg

lines smoothed out...

hyhh.jpg

nunu.jpg

rear number plate recess shortened to make central!...

gbgb.jpg

trail fit front end...

wer.jpg

rtrrt.jpg

tyete.jpg

g53e.jpg

hyhr.jpg

hhr.jpg

yummy eh!?

lol. you seem to have omited the need to have an opening for the radiator.,...or am i missing something?

looks awesome by the way

Since you've filled in the grill, he is wondering how you are going to keep it cool?

will the huge hole in the front bumper not allow any air in?

never had any bother with the other micra where the bonnet was extended down over the grille...

you may find in traffic that you will start to get hot spots on the rradiator...the engine may not show signs of it but it will happen...... you should get away with a duct to the rad..or even a twin core...

up2 you tho.

nice one :)

i thought for a second that you had smoothed over the front fog lights but that was the rear bumper :doh: but that might look cool hmmm*thinks*

commin along real nicely like :)

his bird is hardly going to be doing the paris dakar rally in it, plently of room for air to get through

Does the Mrs actually want this or she just say make me a nice car and you're having a play?

Anyway, you and the guys are doing great work as usual

yeah wor lass loves the car and the ideas weve come up with are between us...

so heres how it is...

rear bumper wedged on to see how it will look...

B019.jpg

B020.jpg

B021.jpg

exhaust chopped off for smooth rear bumper...(check out the tailpipe designs lol!!)

B011m.jpg

B010m.jpg

B017.jpg

B018.jpg

just about done now, all prep done apart from bumpers and grille, should be in primer next week!!

Looking mad mate!!! Different but very, very effective with all of the subtle mods coming together to make something never ever done before. I hope its gunna get dropped on coilovers or something hehe. Should look sweet when its done.

sorry about the lack of action here, havent been down to mel's for a week or so...

alot of progress has been made without me there distracting them!!

primer ...

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

uber cool graphix!!...

DSC00640.jpg

more primer and guide coat...

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image007.jpg

bumpers...

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image012.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image013.jpg

should be painted at the weekend!

wayhey!

Yeah it looks great, Nice job!

It looks like you went over it with nail varnish! :laugh: (very badly)

I can't wait to see it painted now! HURRY UP! :D

-Jamie

Looking nice, u get things done well quick, cant wait to see the pics of it finished

Stew, is this a dedicated spray shop? Im looking into spraying the ''wide arch SR20'' when Its been MOT'd.. Could you Pm me if they could do a competative quote.. cheers

i was quoted 1300 for a full respay with it all done like inside the doors etc,l however i asked for jus an outside spray n he said it would be 800, is this alot for the job ?

thanks

kristian said:
Stew, is this a dedicated spray shop? Im looking into spraying the ''wide arch SR20'' when Its been MOT'd.. Could you Pm me if they could do a competative quote.. cheers

yeah mate, its mel horn accident repair.

prices are really really good imo for the work that gets done.

they do a proper job aswell, not just masking tape and newspaper, they get a windscreen fitter to come in and remove the front and rear screens as its gives a much better finish, no shoddy mask lines around window seals.

what sort of work are you looking to be done to yours?

id be suprised if any quote he gave was over a grand like. sure he did a full shoot on a primera including loads of repairs, flush boot, custom bumpers etc for £950 in aston martin silver.

It would be a full respray but 98% of the bodywork will be finished.. the car would come stripped, doors srtipped etc.. and ready to prep to paint..

Sounds reasonable.. im looking to pay around 600 as ive done most of the work myself.. its litterally just the priming, flattening off and painting..

Kristian, ive seen a few jobs mels done n they are spot on like, i cant say from personal experience but ive seen stews k11 and deans corsa and they were brilliant, if you do get mel to do the work gimme a shout when your up so i can have a bash in the wide boy

painted!!

got no good pics yet as it was still in the bay when i went over, the colour is BRIGHT!!!

getting flatted and polished tomorrow, and put back together and lowered by thursday fingers crossed, then in for alarm/immobiliser on friday, phew!

busy busy!

Image000.jpg

Image002-1.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image003-1.jpg

Image004-1.jpg

Image005-1.jpg

Image006-1.jpg

Image008-1.jpg

Image010-1.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

Image012-1.jpg

Image007-1.jpg

Image014-1.jpg

better pics tomorrow people!

hope you's like it! wor lass does!

lovely colour,

what is your theame for this car? blue and silver? blue and black?

blue and cream interior could look good :D

can't wait to see it finnished :D

how much did the respray cost?..... cos i could do with giving up patching mine and just bloody respray it....candy apple..mmm..

anyway

how muchees?

That's looking lovely... can't wait to see it all assembled! You get through these pretty damn quick! Good luck,

-Jamie

few more things done today.

all flatted back ready for polishing tomorrow and the back end was lowered...alot!

got a few better pics but should get some assembled ones tomorrow...

Image018.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image022-1.jpg

Image024-1.jpg

Image023-1.jpg

Image025-1.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021-1.jpg

Image027-1.jpg

Image028-1.jpg

well more or less all done now...

flatted back 95%, bumpers on, windows in, front dropped, etc!

having trouble finding the passenger side front fog light wiring, found the drivers no probs. its a 96 gx if that makes any diff? can anyone point me in the right direction?

what does everyone think then? think it'll be a bit marmite myself!

Image034.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

Image039.jpg

Image037.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image036.jpg

Image040.jpg

i love it, looks realy good, very different. love the colour too, and it is fairly low...have you chopped springs?

good work

:)

Nice.

Not sure about the lazy boy bonnet though, doesnt really suit a "curvy" car. Some distance shots would be good.

Antony's version looks good in the red too.

I think the front looks sweet!!! Much better than I expected. Back looks like it needs a splitter, Overall looks nice though. You getting different wheels?? Seems ok this bodyshop. :)

Looks well nice man!

How about a headlight conversion again, something squarer, can't remember what would look good but have them in my head......just read my mind

Back