• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Adams Micra Blog

-Update-

Painted the manifold and block black today, i think i looks better as it brings the attention more to the rocker cover and not to the engine :)

Before:

03042009074.jpg

After:

14042009088.jpg

Cheers for the comments :)

i left the engine in masked off what i didnt want to paint and then sprayed it all with very high temperature paint. didnt take too long!

Finally got a badge on the back of my car after the old one went missing months ago lol!

17042009089.jpg

New exhaust fitted, was tierd of the drone driving down the motorway or even doing 30, so custom made an new exhaust out of a standard exhaust for the the flange and the pipe to the scilencer, a peco back box that i had on previously with a 3" Chrome tip and a piece of exhaust tubeing! Painted black for a nice finish! i think it looks good personaly and it still makes a nice noise under acceleration :D

Opinions?

22042009090.jpg

looks good,

rally liking the engine paint job, does look really smart,

liking the exhaust too, its a really tidy car,

i want your seats......

i want your seats......

You cant have them i like them too much :p

UPDATE: windows tinted :D

there not perfect but at mates rates for £40 for the back 3 and the front 2 windows im not one to complain!
They make the car look much better in my opinion :D

Also de-bumpstriped the car, sadly i reveled multiple colour changes in the paint so im getting a black sticker made to go where the bumpstrips where and going to order some nismo stickers of ebay to stick on it too :)

Opinions?

DSC00009.jpg

Adam

hopefully not, its only 50% i no that the legal limit is 25% tint but its not that much of a noticeable differance, ill just try and avoid them lol!

nice 1 mate looks wicked, have you put lowering springs on it?

yes mate its got 35mm lowering springs on it,chopped for a bit of an extra drop.

And cheers jim, orderd a new steering wheel yesterday from ebay so that should be here within a few days :D

hopefully not, its only 50% i no that the legal limit is 25% tint but its not that much of a noticeable differance, ill just try and avoid them lol!

mine where like yours when swiper owned it (fronts where tinted only 50% iirc) police pulled him slapped him with a fine and he had to remove them there and then.

mine where like yours when swiper owned it (fronts where tinted only 50% iirc) police pulled him slapped him with a fine and he had to remove them there and then.

ah well, for 20quid for the front two its a risk im going to take and hopefully get away with, but only time will tell!

you should be ok, just keep them rolled down :p

looks great,

what did you do with those superS bumpers you bought?

ive still got them mate, ive repaired all the cracks in them with proper bumper repair stuff which i got off my dads mate (well he did it for me lol cos id probly stick my hands together or something like that :glare:) i just need to sand them down, apply body filler, sand that down then prime and paint it :) moneys just a bit tight at the moment so its taking time. But it will be done :D

love your interior :D

Cheers :D,

Only thing with the steering wheel having driven it today for a bit, is i cant reach the indicator stalk with my hand on the wheel anymore as the dish is taking it away from them (apparently thats why the rally cars have dished wheels on them)
its a tad bit wierd at the moment to use but im sure ill get used to it in a few days :D

Nice (Y) If I had that wheel it would be touching my face! as i have a quick release boss which puts my wheel to about the same position as a dished one! I know what you mean about the indicators, takes a bit of getting use to!

Nice (Y) If I had that wheel it would be touching my face! as i have a quick release boss which puts my wheel to about the same position as a dished one! I know what you mean about the indicators, takes a bit of getting use to!

Haha, i wanted to get a quick release boss aswell but the it would be on my face lol, ill just have to live without! but there so cool :(

im loving the colour coding of your interior mate and im really likeing the car dont no why i think its just looks stealthy as out

im loving the colour coding of your interior mate and im really likeing the car dont no why i think its just looks stealthy as out

Cheers mate, my dad keeps telling me to get a mans car now thats rwd or came with a turbo as i keep talking about turboing it or puting a 1.6 in iit in the future after useing the search and seeing that the ga16 mounts on the cg gearbox, but i dont think i could let the car go, its such fun to drive even though its only a 1L it handles so well! puts a smile on my face :D but im glad most people like it anyway (Y)

Hi adam, nice name (Y) haha

errrm to do the block i basicly just masked off everything i didnt want to spray, left the rocker cover on and sprayed it carefully with very high temp paint, it was fairly simple and cheap to do but made it look so much better.

I am loving this Micra! I think it's what I would've wanted my little LX to look like if I had ever been with an insurance company who allowed mods! :doh:

Love the black wheels too - I adore black wheels! :grinning:

I am loving this Micra! I think it's what I would've wanted my little LX to look like if I had ever been with an insurance company who allowed mods! :doh:

Love the black wheels too - I adore black wheels! :grinning:

i love the black wheels too, but im a sucker for white wheels but i dont think they would suit my car lol!

Doing a Gti-r/almera gti brake convertion asap as my brakes are shot! so im debating on a colour.

im thinking anodized orange/gold or lime green, but id like other opinions?

Adam

silver calipers! makes them stand out without beeing OTT :) altough i only like GTIR/GTI calipers in silver, all the others i preffer in black lol.

yeh silver looks good on the other thread theres a good pic of silver calipers with drillled and groved discs that looks sexy!

on squarepants thread for his brakes for sale the calipers look sexy, so im going to try and get them a colour close to that :D

Anyone recon it will go with my car?

!!!!UPDATE!!!!

Gti-r/Almera GTI Brakes now on! bit bright on the calipers but oh well!! but anyway heres a before and after!

Before:

DSC00035.jpg

After:

DSC00039.jpg

And the destroyed disc i was talking about! (not too sure if you can see it very well)

DSC00038.jpg

loving the car dude, very smart (Y)

i think i saw you driving through brimstage past the maize maze on thursday, if so i was in the green micra going the opposite way waving like a lunatic :p

-Update-

Not been on here for a while, done a few things to the car over the last few months, finaly got round to getting a full system on the car with a janspeed manifold :)

Also had a go at putting a 1.6 throttle body on it, had a few problems with the holes that apear after taking the idle control sensor off, we made a blanking plate for it but when we sealed it and turned the engine on it sucked all the sealent out. so we re-sealed it and left it over night.

its now running but having a few idle problems, will be fixed shortly.

Next plans are a 1.3 engine and uprated shocks then il get round to doing a few track days :)

Pictures

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

Back