what did you do to your micra today ?

Cleaned the throttle body out on friday while I was waiting on new MAF sensor (as she was cutting out in heavy town traffic) Fitted a new MAF sensor yesterday but now she sounds loud, surges after a drive and sometimes sounds like I've got my foot on accelerator when I'm stop at lights. she never done this before, only until I put new sensor on. is this normal? could this just be her getting use to the new reading of the mas sensor? help would be much appreciated :)
When u say maf is it only 4 bolts or u change the maf only which is 2 screws on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two screws @Azzydot

$_35.JPG

Changed at last the door hinges (wings off, lights off)
Cleaned inner arches, inner wings etc.
Changed the front lights
Removed all pipes from A/C without wrecking them (very tempting though)

By the way can I remove just the the a/c part from the heater matrix or I have to change the entire ??

I am so glad that I have a spare car...

Found a bit of time today, framed the bottom mesh at last.
DSC_0004_zpsx5pqniby.jpg

DSC_0003_zps1i1kh3fq.jpg

Also fitted the same mesh to the air vents as on the grilles.
DSC_0001_zpsrdyf0jpf.jpg

Now she looks like this
DSC_0005_zpsylw9v91d.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsjkqzntma.jpg

May change the lower mesh to black yet.....thinking about it. Also here she is from a distance, the front is higher than the back!!!
Going to keep an eye out for 40 mm lowering springs for the front.
DSC_0006_zpsn6m8tt8k.jpg

May have finished with the styling now. Thinking about boosting her power a bit.

Cleaned and polished my K10 and thought again about keeping it and not getting a new car!

I will miss the excitement of owning and driving such an original car :-(

Found a bit of time today, framed the bottom mesh at last.
DSC_0004_zpsx5pqniby.jpg

DSC_0003_zps1i1kh3fq.jpg

Also fitted the same mesh to the air vents as on the grilles.
DSC_0001_zpsrdyf0jpf.jpg

Now she looks like this
DSC_0005_zpsylw9v91d.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsjkqzntma.jpg

May change the lower mesh to black yet.....thinking about it. Also here she is from a distance, the front is higher than the back!!!
Going to keep an eye out for 40 mm lowering springs for the front.
DSC_0006_zpsn6m8tt8k.jpg

May have finished with the styling now. Thinking about boosting her power a bit.

She is looking good mate! :)

Andy :D

After a year of an annoying rattle from underneath Rouge 5 I found the cause by accident today. In the past I even had friends hanging out the passenger windows trying to locate the irritating sound with suggestions what was causing it from broken springs front or rear, loose exhaust fittings, front brake calipers, lower struts and even bits of rusty metal or bolts/screws rolling about in the outer sills lol! :confused:

The infuriating noise was coming from a broken bracket on the rear nearside lower trailing link arm that supports the brake hose and after a "quick temp" fix with 2 cable ties my misery had ended lol! :)
P8311636.JPG

Andy :D

fitting vented discs as we speak! just waiting for a shower to pass then im back out ;)

finished at 4 test driven car now does endos same pedal travel as before going to try a primera master cylinder see if it firms it up !

Last edited:
This is £25 @12h I just bought a one that was OM standard for £20 of ebay but I sent it back as it made my car sound like it was going to blow up lol. I'm sure some where on here said that OEM are good so thought id ask what people think?

**I don't know what the different standards do**

Last edited:
Anyone got any idea's for un-seizing coilover rings, the ring the spring sits on is stuck solid and will not budge. Can't lower the back if i can't do it and i don't know if i can a replacement for them.

Anyone got any idea's for un-seizing coilover rings, the ring the spring sits on is stuck solid and will not budge. Can't lower the back if i can't do it and i don't know if i can a replacement for them.

remove strut for better thread access.
clear all rust/dirt off every exposed thread with big & small wirebrush wheels, soak plenty of penetrating oil in for few mins, secure one tool on one ring, rest strut on floor, then a short blow on the tool handle of the other ring with a heavy hammer (carefully observe the righty-tighty thread direction).
once apart, clean all threads

Put some mudflaps on the road rally car, too much mud getting caked in the arches(also one step closer to log book ;) )
Changed the exhaust on the road car so it's nice and silent ready to start my apprenticeship in the morning without being judged! Haha

Been quiet for a while because I've been busy on my occasional road and definitely fun car.
bcbbd91d50b64b1012543d4ebc5a2e19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back