what did you do to your micra today ?

Nothing mechanical for me to report really, I just had to take my friend to hospital though as he fell off his bike :(
He's alright though, nothing too serious..

However! My sunroof has decided to start leaking rain water all over me, as a quick and dirty patch I put some silicone sealant around it as the seal has perished, though I'm not entirely sure its the sunroof seal that is leaking, I'm thinking its the seals that run along the side of the roof, has anyone else had this issue on theirs?

Nothing mechanical for me to report really, I just had to take my friend to hospital though as he fell off his bike :(
He's alright though, nothing too serious..

However! My sunroof has decided to start leaking rain water all over me, as a quick and dirty patch I put some silicone sealant around it as the seal has perished, though I'm not entirely sure its the sunroof seal that is leaking, I'm thinking its the seals that run along the side of the roof, has anyone else had this issue on theirs?

sounds like the drain pipes clogged up with debris so it overflows out.
slide the sunroof glass back, spot the drain ports at the corners of the sunroof frame from above, stick a long stiff wire down the hole to clear it

sounds like the drain pipes clogged up with debris so it overflows out.
slide the sunroof glass back, spot the drain ports at the corners of the sunroof frame from above, stick a long stiff wire down the hole to clear it
Ah righty, thanks for that, I'll go take a peak now and see what I can get done!

Update; managed to find an old clutch cable and jam that down the drain holes, it seems like its done the trick so thanks once again!

Now, I just need to get hold of a welder and sort this pretty significant issue in the boot out!
Ohhhh dear.jpg Oh dear.jpg Oh dear god.jpg

Last edited:
Soo picked Mildred up today....
She failed first time on emmision and just one fist sized hole in the rear of the passenger sill..... Bit of a result really :)

Had and advisory for slightly corroded break lines and passenger wheel bearing has slight play, so all in all pretty happy :) xx

Had a go at modifying a standard CG inlet manifold to see if i could use it for a set of carbs. Only pic i got at the moment, but i looks promising
(done after work with the help of a guy in work hahah)
11879042_10206300464125545_2744853091553457539_o.jpg

Spent a bit of money (£198.00) at my favourite Nissan dealer 2day ordering a Electromagnetic Clutch Brush Holder (ECBH)for "Steffi" Cabs NCVT box I know it seems a lot of dosh but this a nuts and bolts refurb project and the ECBH is an important component in the NCVT! o_O

Andy :D

Inlets are pretty much staying the same size for now, i'm gonna smooth out all the insides and just clean it up a bit. Otherwise it's just a standard inlet mani with lots of bit's cut off of it... lol

Wired up my ebay rev counter today. It works but only seems to be accurate around idle. it just does'nt want to move that much, and when i rev it (to probably more than 7k, or pretty much valve bounce) it's only reading 4.5k ish. I just don't understand why it's not picking up properly. The pickip has been connected to the negative on the coil.
Any ideas?

Wired up my ebay rev counter today. It works but only seems to be accurate around idle. it just does'nt want to move that much, and when i rev it (to probably more than 7k, or pretty much valve bounce) it's only reading 4.5k ish. I just don't understand why it's not picking up properly. The pickip has been connected to the negative on the coil.
Any ideas?

Sounds like high resistance in the pickup wire to me so it's not getting the full voltage to the gauge .

Any ideas?
Did you check the switch at the back? Its for selecting 4 6 or 8 cylinders.

I got a K10 so i don't have an ECU (would make this kinda think much easier). Not sure what to do. I don't really want to buy a more expensive one just in case i get the same problem, but i really need one set up and working correctly for when i get my CG13 in so i don't over rev it by mistake...

I got a K10 so i don't have an ECU (would make this kinda think much easier). Not sure what to do. I don't really want to buy a more expensive one just in case i get the same problem, but i really need one set up and working correctly for when i get my CG13 in so i don't over rev it by mistake...
What about the blue wire from the dizzy??

Today I was supposed to change Rouge 5's transmission oil but whilst under the car I noticed both outer CV boots were broken so "whizzed" off to the Guernsey Motor Spares to get some replacements but have now decided to replace the trans oil and CV boots next weekend on a friends ramp which will be a tad easier! :)

Took some pics of Rouge 5's new look which was inspired by davyboy's Bam a Lam have also started prep work on the lower bumper mesh!

Rouge 5's more aggressive look what you think? o_O
P8221596.JPG
P8221597.JPG
P8221598.JPG

Here she is, gone down 35mm, didn't put the 10mm spacers on, would have put the tyres outside the body. Still got to finish off the lower mesh fitting yet, but got an idea for that.
DSC_0072_zpsq7il1sub.jpg

DSC_0074_zpsqzktqdwo.jpg

And fitted the mesh to her arse. Got finish it of with a bit of colour coding to the mud flaps, and a few scratches.
DSC_0077_zpsidt62eyt.jpg

Yeah i have skimmed through his website a few times. It's pretty amazing what he did to get to get more power out of his Micra. Doing all the little things that add up

Raised the ride height, one bonus of the rear disc conversion if that you can remove the calipers and this allows you move the beam down a lot lower and then you can just remove the springs with no use of those dodgy spring compressors. Fronts were easy and the threads in nice condition.

Fitted a new t-pull cable for the plumbed in extinguisher, not too bad a job.

Replaced a fuel line, which was showing cracks where it joined the return from the fuel rail.

Then it rained heavily, which was a bonus as I wanted to check the diff was still working, so a quick play in the lanes, still working fine. I had checked it when in the air, and span a wheel and the other went the other way which worried me. But quite a few checks including one wheel on the grass one one of the tarmac and lots of revs and I got tyre noise as the tyre on the tarmac got the load and started spinning too :)

Came back, drained the oil and changed the fuel filter.

Still got to change the oil filter, fit the sump guard left to do before.

Oh and she is still such great fun to drive :)

Hi mate she is looking great what paint did you use on the bumpers and what's your next mod on her?
Please keep us updated with pics! :)

Thanks mate. I used plasti dip, very good stuff and easy to use. Not sure what i will be doing next yet, out of ideas.

Few more pics in my blog in the blog section and info on everything i have done so far if you wanna check it out :)

Thanks mate. I used plasti dip, very good stuff and easy to use. Not sure what i will be doing next yet, out of ideas.

Few more pics in my blog in the blog section and info on everything i have done so far if you wanna check it out :)

Looked at your blog mate some good pics of the silver beauty, just a thought what about rear opening windows couldn't see if you have them?? :)

Back