what did you do to your micra today ?

Ahhh no sorry I was being sarcastic :) my silly phone deleted the winky face.... God damn this phone is rubbish! Sorry Jordan that look really aggressive sorry x

Made me cry..... Just kidding, the x at the end made me feel special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph-Wiggum-facebook-cover01.jpg

^^

Buy a 'toffee wheel'.

Seriously, makes life so much easier. I mean a lot easier. It's worth waiting a few days for it to arrive, instead of spending hours peeling glue of with spirits or petrol

I'll second that. Although I was already finished by the time it came. Took me two days using solvent. My bump strips left outline marks in the paint though :(

6e7e9ana.jpg

And if you're curious as to what a micra gearbox looks like inside...
uma7a2u5.jpg

Bought it, took it apart for the experience, can't put it back together.
And yes it's being put together in my kitchen.

They're easy once you know how but you've got for the learning curve as you say.

Looks just like a scaled down GA box to me :)

Stripped down the CGA3 engine, although it looks like it could have had a few more oil changes, its not too bad.

Couple of score marks at the bottom of no. 1 & 3 (sideways, rather than upwards, which seems odd) not too worried as the pistons will be coming out anyway for a corsa piston set-up. Which corsa engine do i need for the pistons? Are they a straight swop ?

Also sorted out more spares, and more stuff for sale / ebay.

Finally i took measurements to check that the 1.0 box really is a 1.0 box. Time to play with spreadsheets and maths after putting more stuff on sale here and on fleabay....

Stripped down the CGA3 engine, although it looks like it could have had a few more oil changes, its not too bad.

Couple of score marks at the bottom of no. 1 & 3 (sideways, rather than upwards, which seems odd) not too worried as the pistons will be coming out anyway for a corsa piston set-up. Which corsa engine do i need for the pistons? Are they a straight swop ?

Also sorted out more spares, and more stuff for sale / ebay.

Finally i took measurements to check that the 1.0 box really is a 1.0 box. Time to play with spreadsheets and maths after putting more stuff on sale here and on fleabay....
the earlier 72.5mm corsa pistons matt (3 cyl 1,0 and 4cyl 1.2)

Thanks @frank do you use the Micra rings or Corsa rings ? Haynes has the standard CGA3 pistons as 72mm bore, do the 72.5mm piston fit ok ?

Is the difference in compression noticeable ?

Thanks @frank do you use the Micra rings or Corsa rings ? Haynes has the standard CGA3 pistons as 72mm bore, do the 72.5mm piston fit ok ?

Is the difference in compression noticeable ?
corsa rings with a .5 mm overbore matt, the pistons are a straight fit but the compression height is 3 mm shorter.
so options are......low comp 1367, or else deck the block and take 2 links from the lower chain for a high comp (1.3 crank) 1330

Back