what did you do to your micra today ?

Totally agree. I drove my Dad's 06 Astra and it felt weird, like it was too comfortable and easy to drive. The steering was way too light and the pedals were spongy. Not to mention the gear change was numb. It basically felt like there was little connection between me and the car.

Got back in my Micra, with all its mechanical goodness and it felt more natural. You can feel the position of the steering, vibrations and feedback through the pedals etc.

yeah thats how my dads astra feels like haha

I get to drive the work pool cars every now and again, got a diesel mondeo estate thats quite nice to drive actually, but the 09 plate golf diesel is a hateful thing to drive.

now I must be honest my mum did give me the cash to buy the micra :oops:
I was given my k11, well, I did try to give my parents the £500 but they refused as they had paid for my brothers last 2 insurance policies and tax...and mot <_<

Bought my k10 with my own £200 cash, sorted my own insurance etc.
Borrowed 4k from my parents to buy the k12, done my own insurance, mot and tax (£30 :p )
...paid them back within 18 months

...my brother has a year left to go on his car's finance deal...it hasn't been working now for 15 months!
...and he still refuses to get a micra, 'cause Audis are better...

...Not when they're sat in the garden with the engine in bits they're not ^_^

My mum bought me my micra, but it was only £50 off a girl she worked with. Clearly had no idea of the value of the wee weapon!! But I pay the insurance, I'm also paying off finance on a motorbike.

I was given my k11, well, I did try to give my parents the £500 but they refused as they had paid for my brothers last 2 insurance policies and tax...and mot <_<

Bought my k10 with my own £200 cash, sorted my own insurance etc.
Borrowed 4k from my parents to buy the k12, done my own insurance, mot and tax (£30 :p )
...paid them back within 18 months

...my brother has a year left to go on his car's finance deal...it hasn't been working now for 15 months!
...and he still refuses to get a micra, 'cause Audis are better...

...Not when they're sat in the garden with the engine in bits they're not ^_^

I've bought the variety of cars I've had over the years, but I couldn't afford a new one right now. Aside my mini (current total since owning around £5k) this is my most expensive car :D but I was driving a 2.0 TDI Rover which was a lovely car, but now I live close to work it wasn't liking it.

Hopefully I shall have an axle later today, and my friend said he'll for it for free (yay!) .. currently have one of works pool cars.. a bright pink Fiat 500 with company branding all over. It's more effort to drive, but better than walking.

But seriously, look at it....
maxresdefault.jpg

Bought mine off my next door neighbour in a rush as i only had a couple of weeks to find a car and move from yorkshire to north wales all bought and paid for by me i also paid my insurance ad lessons its a good feeling and i take more care of it than my mates care about tgeir cars as i bought mine and mummy and daddy bought theirs ahaha

Mine was given to me by my grandparents, as they were downsizing to one car. They wouldn't have sold it for much anyway, they got rid of a Primera P11 facelift for £100 lol. I paid for lessons/insurance etc.

.. currently have one of works pool cars.. a bright pink Fiat 500 with company branding all over. It's more effort to drive, but better than walking.

But seriously, look at it....
maxresdefault.jpg

You poor thing :(

*shudders*

I'm afraid id have to quit my job if subjected to driving a Fiat 500, or any pink car for that matter. :p

Well I don't know what's different between my Micra and everyone else's but I consider the handling to be terrible! Huge amounts of body roll and way to soft, its like driving a water bed or a large old French car.

Yeah there is a lot of body roll on stock suspension. I feel it on mine when coming out of roundabouts etc. Nothing a few braces and new shocks won't fix.

i thought its handling was epic before i lowered it, made you actually think how fast you should be going around corners and you have to fight it more, loved it! and you can go rallying with it stock, that was the best haha! still got dust and mud under and in my car

I have no doubt that if you throw a few quid at it you can get very good handling but in stock form ( might be just the few I've driven) it's bloody awful.

Then again I'm used to a lowered mini with very stiff springs adjustable dampers etc etc so I might be expecting to much....

Reckon it would worth getting some new OEM springs? The one on mine just flew through an MOT but the body roll is unreal!
You'll only see a marginal improvement. A lowering spring is approx 10-15% stiffer than standard.
I'd only use those with a reasonable anti roll bar setup too. As there will still be quite a bit of roll

i thought its handling was epic before i lowered it, made you actually think how fast you should be going around corners and you have to fight it more, loved it! and you can go rallying with it stock, that was the best haha! still got dust and mud under and in my car

You didn't go rallying... You played in the mud :p

Our other car is a Toyota Avensis Verso people carrier, compared to micra the steering feels dead there is no feel and im not keen on the brake pedal feel either, it has ABS, my micra is basic lol but feels better.

Back