what did you do to your micra today ?

Melody is looking fineeeeeee!
je2a2a4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a puncture on the rally car (NSR) annoying as the tyre is quite good. Swopped it for one of the many 'Umbongo' tyres i got as a job lot cheap back in March.

Also had a good sort through the wheels/tyres, planning ahead for the next few events. Need to get the car ready for the next Targa rally, before we go away to Rally Barbados at the end of the month :)

Here are x15 wheels all with knackered tyres, from events during the last year. This doesn't include tyres used on any stage rallies!

BmtT4HRIEAA5oux.jpg:large

How do you get through so many?! I've barely used one set through 6 events last year :p

I believe Polo splitters are clipped onto the front bumper, but from experience they're difficult to get off unless you can get underneath.
Great.... The scrapyard near me is like a dog sh*t minefield so I can't think of anything better than laying on the floor haha!

They're screwed on with 10 hex screws or at least mine was on my polo

How do you get through so many?! I've barely used one set through 6 events last year :p

Many were part worn to start with, events like Targa and autotests tend to be tighter and cause more tyre scrub/wear. Plus we run a lot more power and the car is double driven on most events too.

Many were part worn to start with, events like Targa and autotests tend to be tighter and cause more tyre scrub/wear. Plus we run a lot more power and the car is double driven on most events too.

Forgot about the twice the power part :p
Aye, I guess autosolo's just pull the tread of

When I search online quotes for just a stock k11 it too also shows least £600!?

So I rang afew of them and talking to a person would reduce it a lot. Also fully comp is cheaper for some reason?

To insure my 1.3 turbo with a billion mods only a handful will cover it.
Suggest ringing Sky insurance and Adrian flux.

32yr 7ncb 1.3 turbo 200% bhp, Adrian flux now cost me £480 fully comp with breakdown.

23yrs olds. Two years ncb so far now. I will need to sort out with my another micra. If I can't afford to insure turbo micra then I will wait until next year. Maybe i should insure track legal road micra first then turbo later on.

By the way, how can I declare all mods? (I haven't tell them or done it before so I want to know how.)

Edit: i am sorting out with my standard GX's final insurance price. I am still trying to get a good and cheap price. My renewal price is £950. I checked with Churchill so it's £630. I think I should leave direct line then move to Churchill.

Last edited:
23yrs olds. Two years ncb so far now. I will need to sort out with my another micra. If I can't afford to insure turbo micra then I will wait until next year. Maybe i should insure track legal road micra first then turbo later on.

By the way, how can I declare all mods? (I haven't tell them or done it before so I want to know how.)

Edit: i am sorting out with my standard GX's final insurance price. I am still trying to get a good and cheap price. My renewal price is £950. I checked with Churchill so it's £630. I think I should leave direct line then move to Churchill.

Most insurers won't cover track use.

When u call for quoting they ask is the car modified, then you list any major changes that wasn't part of that cars original factory spec.

Churchill wouldn't cover mods for me. Be careful.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I took a razor blade to my boot...cut off all the mastic that used to hold the spoiler on...then rubbed it down with sticky stuff remover...

Then decided that I want a white boot door....and bonnet...

Jeez...

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Washed my car today :eek: Well shamed into it really, came out of Asda to a group of people staring at the state of her...so....bit the bullet and went to a pressure washer garage (first time I ever used one) good aren't they. Took the bird poop off pretty good...took some paint of as well - but that's life. Maybe I should have rubbed her down before I went at her with a few rattle cans.
Here she is, very good for me :p
001_zpse10a25b8.jpg

and there is a bit of paint missing:rolleyes:
002_zps94544393.jpg

Washed my car today :eek: Well shamed into it really, came out of Asda to a group of people staring at the state of her...so....bit the bullet and went to a pressure washer garage (first time I ever used one) good aren't they. Took the bird poop off pretty good...took some paint of as well - but that's life. Maybe I should have rubbed her down before I went at her with a few rattle cans.
001_zpse10a25b8.jpg

002_zps94544393.jpg
Holy hell :O

001_zpse10a25b8.jpg

002_zps94544393.jpg

Going for the 'rat' look are we? If so, you've done it very well :p

thats bird poo for you , stronger than acid :/

Back