what did you do to your micra today ?

Also sorted out a nice, safe secure, and importantly warm and dry place to store the new engine and gearbox rather than our damp sheds.

snapped my rear axle. Bugger. Oddly on the outside of the coil.

bugger_zps31ef9e9a.jpg

....that camber though :rolleyes:

I have no idea, just very lucky it went as I pulled up not at 60 down the dual carriage way. It is to the point it would need lifting on to a tow truck, so she remains at my friends (where thankfully, she can also be fixed)

I have no idea, just very lucky it went as I pulled up not at 60 down the dual carriage way. It is to the point it would need lifting on to a tow truck, so she remains at my friends (where thankfully, she can also be fixed)

Lucky escape homepony....

Probably rusted through eh?

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Probably, recovery guy said he'd never seen one snap there. Might see if i can wangle some new shorted springs on while i'm at it. Only got to pay part cost to get it fixed luckily

I finally got round to changing my diff oil seal (i did it yesterday) it was a bit of a pain to do and access was a little restrictive, but so far my leak has gone! (fingers crossed, touch wood and all that) Although probably the more important bit of that job was putting the right amount of oil in, cause when i drained the old stuff there was only 1.5L in there! Thinking about it i should of got some piccy's but i forgot, but i do however have a new tool for getting diff oil seals out! I'll post a pic of it tomorrow when i find it and your all going to be rather jealous of it ;)

NATS has kicked in by the looks of it.... Car won't start. Why does this always happen when it rains a lot?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check for water ingress behond the dash from the scuttle. Might be getting at the wiring.

water getting in via leaking plastic clips above the cabin fan inlet, along the vents and down onto the NATS ecu which shorts it

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/#post-381119

k550i-842-jpg.29122

Sh*teeeeeee... Thanks :( no way of me taking the ECU out at the moment unfortunately... Argh

The day that I put locking nuts on my wheels is the same day that I have to leave my car in a different street. Maybe if I take the nuts off it will start? ;)

Last edited:
Collected my steel 14" wheels on my way to work.

Will give them a clean and paint in white, before sorting out the tyres next week.

I finally got round to changing my diff oil seal (i did it yesterday) it was a bit of a pain to do and access was a little restrictive, but so far my leak has gone! (fingers crossed, touch wood and all that) Although probably the more important bit of that job was putting the right amount of oil in, cause when i drained the old stuff there was only 1.5L in there! Thinking about it i should of got some piccy's but i forgot, but i do however have a new tool for getting diff oil seals out! I'll post a pic of it tomorrow when i find it and your all going to be rather jealous of it ;)

As promised here is my amazing new diff oil seal puller tool. Oh by the way its for sale £20+p+p ;)

Attachments

• 1399463217991.jpg
    1399463217991.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 283
Yeah but if they've got the cash why not? They're safe wee cars...
Because they're handed everything an put an "ohsofresh" sticker on the window and all of a sudden they're top modders. I work for SEAT which is VW group, I love them! But I just can't stand wee rich kids driving brand new golfs and polos and take it for granted

Because they're handed everything an put an "ohsofresh" sticker on the window and all of a sudden they're top modders. I work for SEAT which is VW group, I love them! But I just can't stand wee rich kids driving brand new golfs and polos and take it for granted

Taking it for granted peeves me of, but not as much as some lad I know getting a new Audi A3 for his birthday....

Taking it for granted peeves me of, but not as much as some lad I know getting a new Audi A3 for his birthday....
So irritating that I work so hard for what I have, and will probably never own a brand new car, and then there's 17 year old kids just being handed a set of keys

Rich kids are good for one thing.
Their self obnoxious have everything attitude means people like us can get nice parts cheaper/second hand

But the Micra is a small, cheap, humble car. The sort of people who get their brand new Golfs handed to them would turn their noses up to such a car.

Today I went to royal mail depot place to see if they were holdibg my stuff and they werent which is annoying cause now no one knows where they are :( one aint so bad cause they said they'll send some more, only jubilee clips so not a lot to it
But the other is the bargain camshafts I won :( and even if they compensate me the £15 then im not gonna get another set for that price, well highly doubtful anyway.

Anyway messaged both the sellers to confirm that they were sent with royal mail and try and get some more info to claim for compensation as thats where the automated phone stopped giving me options lol

Post rage....

My postie once signed for a delivery himself, didn't bother sticking a card through my door and left my £50 motocross goggles in my recycle bin...the day before bin day...I only found them when I went to put the bin out...ffs....

My Micra just got laughed at by some 14 year olds in Mc Donalds.... I'll be laughing when I drive past them in the rain. I'll be laughing even more when they're driving Corsa B's when they're 17.
FLAMIN' BOGANS

My Micra just got laughed at by some 14 year olds in Mc Donalds.... I'll be laughing when I drive past them in the rain. I'll be laughing even more when they're driving Corsa B's when they're 17.
FLAMIN' BOGANS

That's when you need to shout "I say! Unruly youths! You may well mock my vehicle but your mothers seemed rather impressed by the room inside and how comfortable the bonnet was. Think on. Toodle pip!"

But the Micra is a small, cheap, humble car. The sort of people who get their brand new Golfs handed to them would turn their noses up to such a car.

thats not true, my mates had 2 brand new polos and hes driven mine and tommys cars and he says he prefers driving them to his own car because theres more effort into driving and handles better and can feel the road more haha, even says he wishes he could of got an older car because its more fun to drive!

thats not true, my mates had 2 brand new polos and hes driven mine and tommys cars and he says he prefers driving them to his own car because theres more effort into driving and handles better and can feel the road more haha, even says he wishes he could of got an older car because its more fun to drive!

Totally agree. I drove my Dad's 06 Astra and it felt weird, like it was too comfortable and easy to drive. The steering was way too light and the pedals were spongy. Not to mention the gear change was numb. It basically felt like there was little connection between me and the car.

Got back in my Micra, with all its mechanical goodness and it felt more natural. You can feel the position of the steering, vibrations and feedback through the pedals etc.

Back