what did you do to your micra today ?

Grp N/A regs dont apply to UK stage rallies unless specified in the SR's which is most events unless at Nat A level. Most clubby events they dont apply.

Sadly yes, got a copy on the coffee table!

Been good though to look through the blur book, will help for my first rallies committee meeting at the end of the month.
Nothing wrong with that. I have mine post-it note bookmarked already :/
That reminds me, our agm is next.. must prepare
Ah. Grp N will have restrictions as per the Grp N regs.
Grp N/A regs dont apply to UK stage rallies unless specified in the SR's which is most events unless at Nat A level. Most clubby events they dont apply.
That will be where the discrepancies are then
As I'm usually on NatA events. So it'll appear on stage there's a limit but its still specific to gpN/A

Blurred lines and all that

I did Anglesey a month or two ago without setting the lamp pod up(no tax/insurance so couldn't drive somewhere dark) and the new HID's in the headlights stopped working the night before. Quick run to Halfords to buy some terrible bulbs and I ended up doing the night stages with headlights and a lamp pod shining to the stars. Surprised there were no planes coming to land on me from RAF Valley ;)

Aye, I certainly had a great view of the grandstands with my superbly adjusted spots :p

Finally finished all the prep work / post WRGB work, god rallying in the forests sure does trash the underside and suspension on the car. Not sure i could cope with all the prep work doing forest events all the time!

Went out for a test drive, all great. Got a bit worried when i stopped to check levels and blipped the throttle and saw blue smoke! But then remembered that i had overfilled the engine oil a bit, so it is the just burning off - phew!

Then tested and set up the corner pod lights, needed a bit of adjustment, but they work well now.

Finally now all set for. Brands stages next weekend :)

went for a drive to get some pictures today, heard knocking from the front and the front passenger side top bolt keeps coming loose, any reasons why it keeps coming loose? getting dad to have a look while im at college tomorrow and he said the thread might be going bald or something.

went for a drive to get some pictures today, heard knocking from the front and the front passenger side top bolt keeps coming loose, any reasons why it keeps coming loose? getting dad to have a look while im at college tomorrow and he said the thread might be going bald or something.
the nut on the top of the strut chris ?

Finally changed my distributor cap, not as easy as it seemed, had to move the battery and relay box as far as they would stretch, to get to the last bolt, and still had to work blind. It starts 1st time every time once again, result

Have had this on the rally car (much higher loading than road use) i use either a nylock nut and/or a anti shake/ split washer to stop it coming undo.

On WRGB quite a few other bits shook loose too including the long front wishbone bolt! All these are now split washered up.

Have you tightened it with a 21mm spanner and the appropriate allen key? (8mm iirc). A dab of loctite wouldn't hurt. Never cam loose on me mind, must be you driving like a hooligan :p

fastest i go is 60 haha, came home from pewsey and didnt take it over 40 because me and tommy were scared it would fall off or something hahahh

Have had this on the rally car (much higher loading than road use) i use either a nylock nut and/or a anti shake/ split washer to stop it coming undo.

On WRGB quite a few other bits shook loose too including the long front wishbone bolt! All these are now split washered up.

dad said thats what he thought would stop it, what sizes?

Found another whole!

1530392_10152183083606189_2039065826_n.jpg

The 1.3 is running! Janspeed manifold should turn up tomorrow, so hopefully I can come home from college and my car will be making brum brum sounds :D

Got my amp back from my engineer friend today, hes done an excellent job. Said he had trouble soldering the earth to the board as the earth runs through the entire heat sink case which kept drawing all the heat out of the solder lol. Just gotta drill the slot in the box and finish wiring up on Tuesday now.

Got my amp back from my engineer friend today, hes done an excellent job. Said he had trouble soldering the earth to the board as the earth runs through the entire heat sink case which kept drawing all the heat out of the solder lol. Just gotta drill the slot in the box and finish wiring up on Tuesday now.

Attachments

• 1388967102266.jpg
    1388967102266.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 1388967160353.jpg
    1388967160353.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 1388967201627.jpg
    1388967201627.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 1388967245189.jpg
    1388967245189.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 267
Opinions accepted, however im happy with it. Hes done it (whilst aflicted by a sty in his eye) for nothing but a pint in his own free time as a favour. means i dont have to wait a month to get to my parents to use my tools. I couldnt have done a better job so I appreciate his work. Saved me alot of hastle

Opinions accepted, however im happy with it. Hes done it (whilst aflicted by a sty in his eye) for nothing but a pint in his own free time as a favour. means i dont have to wait a month to get to my parents to use my tools. I couldnt have done a better job so I appreciate his work. Saved me alot of hastle

I guess if it works and it's near as makes no different free, it's a job done :p

Exactly mate. Plus iv just had a closer look at the board following your comments n most of the solder you can see is straigth from the factory. Just looks bad cuz hes added to it. Fusion active enclosures are just cheap n cheerful I guess lol. Cant complain as I only paid 50 quid for the full set up tho.

Fitted the amp back to the box today and ran the wires through the side of the box. Have just ran the rcas in the dark which was fun and fitted everything up for a test run with LOADS of tape just to see if everything works ok. Gunna balance up the gain etc tonight then tin and join the remaining connectiins tomorrow during my break. Its all WAY LOUD :)

I decided I would look into cut springs today and use the fancy machinery in the shop to give me to give me data and facts about what really happens with a cut spring

I'll keep you posted :)

Interested in this Andy, was toying with the idea of cut springs from another car on the rear of mine for the time being before spending on anything else. Ford focus maybe

Interested in this Andy, was toying with the idea of cut springs from another car on the rear of mine for the time being before spending on anything else. Ford focus maybe
I'll get a proper set of numbers and the effects on the spring etc etc.
So far its not looking too bad.. but I thought well rather I think its this and that I'd just solve it once and for all :)

Awesome. I love the idea of a 1l turbo. Shame dont have vvt, ford are claiming about 115bhp and 40mpg with a 1l vvt turbo focus. Those figures would be lovely in our cars :)

You'll never beat a true boxer engine for that noise ;)

@skinner_87
Finished my spring cutting and measuring etc and I have interesting results to note too.
I've managed to set H701s forest rally kit up perfectly. Using a method I've never before considered

I'll write it all up shortly :)
Here it is
http://www.micra.org.uk/index.php?posts/653448

I wrote it on my phone so I may have missed out info or not made sense

Back